LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Reschedule errrybody to vet minimum lol
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Jan 11, 2015 at 1:41 PM ]
Did something change that we are now over?
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

For 2015 we are right now, about $670K over.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I think he's asking how we went from slightly under to slightly over....was it the reserve / future contracts?
Originally posted by Janitor:

I think he's asking how we went from slightly under to slightly over....was it the reserve / future contracts?

Bingo.
Oh, gotcha guys. I found out how much cap room the 49ers ended up with the end the season, was only $4.2M, and not $6.5M, which is the reason for being over the 2015 cap.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Oh, gotcha guys. I found out how much cap room the 49ers ended up with the end the season, was only $4.2M, and not $6.5M, which is the reason for being over the 2015 cap.

Gotcha, thanks
The release of Ray McDonald and a cap hit of almost 4.5 million for 2015 was just ignorant.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
The release of Ray McDonald and a cap hit of almost 4.5 million for 2015 was just ignorant.

Your right we should have asked him to restructure before releasing him.

The team got way too much bad publicity this season and I'm not even talking about the harbaugh drama. I'm talking about our players either breaking laws or being accused of such, a message finally needed to be sent.
2015 Contract Guarantees:

Colin Kaepernick $10,400,000 Base
Anquan Boldin $3,000,000 Base
Anthony Davis $1,850,000 Base
Phil Dawson $500,000 Base
Tramiane Brock $1,850,000 Base
Antoine Bethea $3,000,000 Base
Bruce Miller $819,000 Base
NaVorro Bowman $4,700,000 Base
Aldon Smith $9,754,000 Base
Lawrence Okoye $50,000 Base
Eric Reid $1,175,978 Base
Jimmie Ward $743,297 Base
Kendall Hunter $100,000 Base
Joe Staley $6,000,000 Option
Daniel Kilgore $600,000 Roster

The 1st 13 players give a total of over $37.9M in guaranteed money in a form of base salary for 2015.

All except Bowman, Aldon, Reid, and Ward are April 1st guarantees. Reid and Ward are automatically guaranteed due to being 1st rd picks, while Bowman and Aldon are March 10th-11th guarantees. Staley and Kilgore are April 1st 2015 guarantees.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

The team got way too much bad publicity this season and I'm not even talking about the harbaugh drama. I'm talking about our players either breaking laws or being accused of such, a message finally needed to be sent.

Maybe just making him inactive based on his off the field issues would have been a wiser choice than just terminating him and automatically taking the cap hit?

Can the league void his contract based on issues?

AB was there a better way to handle this????
Originally posted by SoCold:

Maybe just making him inactive based on his off the field issues would have been a wiser choice than just terminating him and automatically taking the cap hit?

That was a head scratcher when it happened, because they would have saved the same amount had he been cut in the offseason. But they must have been fed up with Ray for his off the field issues, whether justified or not, I can't say, I would of waited till the offseason had it been me, but oh well.

They could of designated him a June 1st cut, and saved more, but taken a cap hit in 2016 in dead money, that would of taken away from the 2016 cap space.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SoCold:

That was a head scratcher when it happened, because they would have saved the same amount had he been cut in the offseason. But they must have been fed up with Ray for his off the field issues, whether justified or not, I can't say, I would of waited till the offseason had it been me, but oh well.

They could of designated him a June 1st cut, and saved more, but taken a cap hit in 2016 in dead money, that would of taken away from the 2016 cap space.

cool thanks, was just wondering if they could have waited and used that money say toward re singing Frank for another year
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2015/02/05/49ers-could-see-big-changes-to-their-starting-lineup-in-2015/

Lynch's #'s don't seem to jive with ABs. As of 1/30/15 they were 2.3 under but Lynch is saying we were 4 above before Ray Macs release and about 8.5 over now. Can someone better at this stuff explain?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2015/02/05/49ers-could-see-big-changes-to-their-starting-lineup-in-2015/

Lynch's #'s don't seem to jive with ABs. As of 1/30/15 they were 2.3 under but Lynch is saying we were 4 above before Ray Macs release and about 8.5 over now. Can someone better at this stuff explain?

I typically like Kevin's stuff, but this is a very poor article. His ONLY source is a former agent's assumption, which is some s**tty research.

If I had to guess, I'd say he forgot to factor in the raised salary cap for 2015.

This is your best resource for cap information.

http://overthecap.com/
Share 49ersWebzone