LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers:
Originally posted by dhp318:
What's the situation with Patrick Willis... not that we should or would, but out of curiousity, how much could the 49ers save by cutting him? And also Andy Lee?

Boo this man!!!

If anyone should be Cut it would be Iupati or trade him has been disappointing and NOT worth big money
Couple notes:

Mike Iupati is eligible for a $2.935M escalator for 2014.
Alex Boone is eligible for a $1.05M escalator for 2014 and 2015, each year is $1.05M
Bruce Miller should see a bump from $645K to around $1.359M
Chris Culliver may also see a bump from $645K to $1.359M
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Couple notes:

Alex Boone is eligible for a $1.05M escalator for 2014 and 2015, each year is $1.05M

Who do you think are the odd men out for Cap purposes that will be cut or not resigned within the next 2 years?
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Couple notes:

Who do you think are the odd men out for Cap purposes that will be cut or not resigned within the next 2 years?

Rogers and Baldwin should be cut after this season.

Past that, I dont see Manningham back, I expect Iupati to be let to walk. McCoy gone, Dobbs and Cox could be back on low 1yr deals.

In future it's unknown. Dahl and Snyder probably after there deals are over. Maybe sooner.
AB I have a question. If a player retires im assuming the salary remaining on his contract is freed up. What becomes of any signing bonus? Is it still prorated over the life of the contract or does the remainder default to the current year?
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
AB I have a question. If a player retires im assuming the salary remaining on his contract is freed up. What becomes of any signing bonus? Is it still prorated over the life of the contract or does the remainder default to the current year?

The bonus becomes dead money. Onto the the year he retires. So if a player retires after 2013, the dead money goes to 2014. If he does after june 1, it splits between 2 years.
ab, how much cap magic do they have left?

goodwin, rogers, rio, brown and maybe baldwin and dahl will have big salaries that will fall off.

boldin, crab, kaep, iupati, smith, miller, whitner, dawson...somebody is walking. if boldin doesn't sign, is iupati still possible?
Originally posted by ninergold:
ab, how much cap magic do they have left?

goodwin, rogers, rio, brown and maybe baldwin and dahl will have big salaries that will fall off.

boldin, crab, kaep, iupati, smith, miller, whitner, dawson...somebody is walking. if boldin doesn't sign, is iupati still possible?

I think Boldin re-signs. If not, I don't know if they will pay Iupati over $40 million. That's a lot of money for a Guard.

Goodwin, Brown are FAs, I think Rogers and Baldwin are cap cuts. Dahl I think stays for now, until they see him in camp.

Boldin, Dawson, Whitner re-sign IMO, along with extensions for Kap, and Miller, maybe Aldon, at least they pickup his 5th year team option. I hope Crabs stays, so it depends on money.
boldin, crabs and vd have really taken the team up a notch. all three of those guys seem to alternate having big games, because teams seem to change who they want to take out of the game. all of them help kap escalate his game.

i also think that whitner and dawson have played well this year. dawson has been automatic and whitner's leadership has shown through repeatedly.

hate to lose iupati but that is a huge figure for a guard. you know i'm not a fan of baldwin or dahl. lots of dough for guys that don't play very much.
Let Rogers, Lupati, and Whitner walk, Kap does not deserve marquee money, if he demands it let him walk too.

• 9er2k
  • Veteran
If they let Aldon walk I will be pissed
Trade for DEZ Bryant. Give Dallas our 1st rounder and a future 2nd for Dez Bryant. 49ers are literally One Gamebreaking WR away from multiple SB opportunities.
I wont take any argument into the Kaep thread regarding our young gun, but I will say in here that I believe we HAVE to keep our qb longterm. But to me, we should resign Boldin first and foremost. Very next thing we extend Kaepernick to a doable back-loaded deal that will allow us-if I were the GM-to extend Crabtree next. I think Aldon is should take a wait and see approach for this next season, and let Iupati go (hate so say it).

I hope this is a feasible plan and am wondering if it could be possible if we do some things as in:

Rogers CUT,
Gore restructure--I love Gore!,
Iupati traded or cut,
Dahl cut,
__________,
__________,
help me out AB81, what are our options for keeping us together.

For the record, I love T. Brown and Whitner in what they bring to the defense too.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jan 20, 2014 at 5:43 PM ]
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I wont take any argument into the Kaep thread regarding our young gun, but I will say in here that I believe we HAVE to keep our qb longterm. But to me, we should resign Boldin first and foremost. Very next thing we extend Kaepernick to a doable back-loaded deal that will allow us-if I were the GM-to extend Crabtree next. I think Aldon is should take a wait and see approach for this next season, and let Iupati go (hate so say it).

I hope this is a feasible plan and am wondering if it could be possible if we do some things as in:

Rogers CUT,
Gore restructure--I love Gore!,
Iupati traded or cut,
Dahl cut,
__________,
__________,
help me out AB81, what are our options for keeping us together.

For the record, I love T. Brown and Whitner in what they bring to the defense too.

I doubt Iupati is cut or traded.

I think Whitner is more likely to be back. Brown likely bolts IMO anyway.

The others make sense. Also add in Baldwin as a cut.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Trade for DEZ Bryant. Give Dallas our 1st rounder and a future 2nd for Dez Bryant. 49ers are literally One Gamebreaking WR away from multiple SB opportunities.

lol. c'mon man.
Share 49ersWebzone