LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Due to the $2.075M Brown lost due to the offseason programs, we are now, by my numbers, $7.6M under the cap.
BUY MORE PLAYURZ
Originally posted by pdizo916:
BUY MORE PLAYURZ

Extend Iupati.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Extend Iupati.

+1
Plenty of decisions to be made for 2015.
Maiocco also said it was impossible to retain Willis and extend Bowman. I said otherwise. I am fighting for respect outside the Niner Faithful. I get no respect on others medias. I have tried to get a write up, but no one will go for it. I tried podcast, no luck. I mean the guy at OTC gets a podcast with PFF, and I cant, he had a 2hr on a brief outlook, I could do that on just the 49ers, and opinions, answer questions from the 49ers fans.

Even MadDogg got a piece at SacBee,com for draft analysis, but they probably would say no also. I can't even get Maiocco or Barrows to follow me. And I am Facebook friends with Maiocco. It sucks. I try and try to bring the best and most accurate info out there, and basically am treated like a fraud.

Can you blame them? Anybody who does a better job then them threatens their livelihood. They have no motivation to tout other sports reporters or sources of information.
Your niche is pretty hardcore. Most fans don't really care or want to know exactly how everything with the cap is working.
Maybe if you made a website for every teams salary cap in the league, you could get a following.
Update: Sortable tables are coming, have a Webzoner helping me.
AB, do you think at the end of his contract, Gore will retire? At some point in time, he's not going to be affordable. Plus, they're going to have some cap with Hunter, LMJ and Lattimore.
Originally posted by ninergold:
AB, do you think at the end of his contract, Gore will retire? At some point in time, he's not going to be affordable. Plus, they're going to have some cap with Hunter, LMJ and Lattimore.

I think Gore redoes his deal after 2013, give us room, add on a few years, give him the Justin Smith type deal, let him choose how long he wants to play, structure a friendly deal, ala Justin, and we can contend for a few years in hope to get Gore and Justin a ring or more,
No word on Wright's salary, so after Collie, Hawkins, Schmidt signings, and cuts of Carter, Martin and Rose, we are $7.44M under. I suspect Wright is a 1yr $715K deal.

NVM. Found my answer.
[ Edited by BIGTHUNDER111 on Aug 9, 2013 at 12:52 AM ]
heck, there are quite a few chunks of salary that could come off the books next year. we should be fine in trying to lock up a few more guys, ab?

everyone always talks about rogers, but goodwin should drop off. i also didn't realize how much manningham is getting. there's donte, too.

would love to get boldin back, along with iupati and kap coming up.
Originally posted by ninergold:
heck, there are quite a few chunks of salary that could come off the books next year. we should be fine in trying to lock up a few more guys, ab?

everyone always talks about rogers, but goodwin should drop off. i also didn't realize how much manningham is getting. there's donte, too.

would love to get boldin back, along with iupati and kap coming up.

I am hoping Boldin will be back. of course Kap, Aldon, Iupati, Cully and Crabs are under contract thru 2014, so we could wait, but we better get some under contract.
Some minor news, Willis, when he redid his deal in April, he added on some extra roster bonus money, now up to $750K for 2013, broken down into 16 weeks or game checks for the 46 man active roster. Also Brown knowingly lost a $75K workout bonus.

Also working on finding out if AJJ got offset language or not.

And big news for me, got a new follower, Matt Barrows on Twitter. I also had Eric Branch(SF Gate), and Jeff Deeney(PFF) following me.
Some minor news, Willis, when he redid his deal in April, he added on some extra roster bonus money, now up to $750K for 2013, broken down into 16 weeks or game checks for the 46 man active roster. Also Brown knowingly lost a $75K workout bonus.

Also working on finding out if AJJ got offset language or not.

And big news for me, got a new follower, Matt Barrows on Twitter. I also had Eric Branch(SF Gate), and Jeff Deeney(PFF) following me.
When Paraag wants to know the cap status, he read's AB's posts.
Share 49ersWebzone