There are 210 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonnydel:
maybe I don't fully understand how the June 1st designation for Brooks works, but, how do we have 6.5 mil for Brooks? As far as I understood, his signing bonus and restructuring bonus would still count against us this year - the savings we would get are from his base salary, roster bonus and workout bonus - which is equal to 4.7 - then, his pro-rated signing bonus for next season and his cumulative restructure bonus would both count in dead money next year, at 3.1

As for the Kap deal - that's why I had a problem with the deal when it was released - to quote "O Brother where art thou", "that don't make no sense!"

and I agree that the Johnson releasing is just plain stupid - never said it was a good idea haha. Just saying, that pulling a stupid move is the only way for us to sign a FA or resign a guy like Iupati, Gore or Crabs - so it sucks either way.

Brooks only has $5,546,250 in prorated money left in his deal, which is through 2017.

He counts for over $9M in 2016, but with a june 1st cut, the bonus gets divided into 2 seasons, with 1 years worth of proration counting for the first year, and the rest in the second year.

Can I ask where you are getting your numbers from? What site?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
maybe I don't fully understand how the June 1st designation for Brooks works, but, how do we have 6.5 mil for Brooks? As far as I understood, his signing bonus and restructuring bonus would still count against us this year - the savings we would get are from his base salary, roster bonus and workout bonus - which is equal to 4.7 - then, his pro-rated signing bonus for next season and his cumulative restructure bonus would both count in dead money next year, at 3.1

As for the Kap deal - that's why I had a problem with the deal when it was released - to quote "O Brother where art thou", "that don't make no sense!"

and I agree that the Johnson releasing is just plain stupid - never said it was a good idea haha. Just saying, that pulling a stupid move is the only way for us to sign a FA or resign a guy like Iupati, Gore or Crabs - so it sucks either way.

Brooks only has $5,546,250 in prorated money left in his deal, which is through 2017.

He counts for over $9M in 2016, but with a june 1st cut, the bonus gets divided into 2 seasons, with 1 years worth of proration counting for the first year, and the rest in the second year.

Can I ask where you are getting your numbers from? What site?
protrac

That's how I got there - but, I mentioned it in my earlier post, you may not have noticed it. I'm assuming that Brooks' base salary for 2016 becomes de-escalated like it did this year. He was scheduled to have over a 9m cap figure this year, but, because of performance he triggered a de-escalator in his contract that reduced his base salary by 2m. I see the same thing happening next year with the emergence of Aaron Lynch, so, his savings for 2016 wouldn't truly be 6.5, it'd be 4.5.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
So the official cap number came out today & we are at $142 instead of $140 mill so where do we stand AB since we have a small but yet helpful increase as of right now?

Were did you see that at? I haven't seen any announcement made.

I saw it this morning on twitter but now its on the front page of the zone. Its been reported by CSN Bay Area.
protrac

That's how I got there - but, I mentioned it in my earlier post, you may not have noticed it. I'm assuming that Brooks' base salary for 2016 becomes de-escalated like it did this year. He was scheduled to have over a 9m cap figure this year, but, because of performance he triggered a de-escalator in his contract that reduced his base salary by 2m. I see the same thing happening next year with the emergence of Aaron Lynch, so, his savings for 2016 wouldn't truly be 6.5, it'd be 4.5.

I get it. His contract wouldn't de-escalate yet, not until the 2015 season is over, so for now it's a $6.5M savings. The de-escalator is based on previous years performance.
So the official cap number came out today & we are at $142 instead of $140 mill so where do we stand AB since we have a small but yet helpful increase as of right now?

I saw it this morning on twitter but now its on the front page of the zone. Its been reported by CSN Bay Area.

That says ESTIMATED according to Maiocco's article. Nothing has been officially announced yet.

That says ESTIMATED according to Maiocco's article. Nothing has been officially announced yet.

My bad should of read the fine print, but i am sure it will deft be in that range between $142-143 mill
There is also good money to be saved if we cut Dawson. There are plenty of FA kickers that we could go after for a fraction of the cost of Dawson, or we could look to draft one of the elite K's coming out this year. Dahl to me is a must cut guy, just like Dawson is, unless Dawson will take a big paycut (unlikely). Our other moves kind of will be determined once J Smith chooses to come back or not. I'd look to extend Willis, possibly restructure a deal with VD, but if he's not willing to sign an extension with a lesser salary cap hit, then I'd just play out this year with him, and then see what happens.
What would the savings be if they cut Andy Lee? He was good but not that special anymore.
Like 1.5 million pre June, and 2.0 post June. Lee isn't going anywhere, he only makes 2.5 a year, and is one of the best around.
Yeah it's $1.55M for Pre June 1, $2.05M for Post June 1 cut.

He only has $1M in prorated money left in his deal. After 2016 they can save everything.

When is the deadline that teams HAVE to be under the salary cap?
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
When is the deadline that teams HAVE to be under the salary cap?

March 10th at 4 PM Eastern I believe.
March 10th at 4 PM Eastern I believe.

Ok cool thanks AB. I was confused and when do you think the 49ers will start cutting people to get more wiggle room?
AB, The release of Ray McDonald and taking a 4.6 million dollar dead money cap hit was really dumb. Another brilliant call by Jed York.
Originally posted by SanFranFanfrmVa:
AB, The release of Ray McDonald and taking a 4.6 million dollar dead money cap hit was really dumb. Another brilliant call by Jed York.

So it's better to stick with the PR nightmare that keeps f**king up no matter how many times he's given another chance by his employer?
Share 49ersWebzone