There are 169 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
If my 2013 cap numbers for Dahl and Skuta are close enough, we are $6.4 million under the cap.

Dahl would be at $1,066,666
Skuta would be at $915,000

Not bad. About $1M off.
LB/ST Dan Skuta officially signed two-year, $3 million contract with 49ers, including $300,000 signing bonus, source said. 2013 cap: $1.35M.
S Craig Dahl officially signed three-year, $5.25 million contract w/ 49ers, including $700,000 signing bonus, source said. 2013 cap: $1.78M.

About $3M 2013 cap hit.
Not doing to bad... 6 mil left after Hastings, Brock, Ian, Boldin, Dorsey, Skuta and Dahl and we started with like 13-14. Really helps that Manningham and Haralson took pay cuts. 8 mil on the cap and I'd say we upgraded our ST cover units, upgraded our #2 by far while not really losing too much on the DL... FS is the only spot. It might take a year or two for a rookie (or celek) to fully replace Walker but it can be done. If the guy is catching 1st downs and TD's the loss in blocking, ST, versatility wont matter too much. Compared to 94 mil with 42 mil guaranteed spent on the guys we lost and probably 25 mil on the salary cap between their new teams for this year I think we are doing a solid job replacing so far.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 18, 2013 at 10:41 PM ]
the FO really knows their s**t. I approve.
AB - I just got this off Seahags.net ..... what do you make of it? Is their salary cap really this high?

Hawkstorian Post subject: Seahawks Salary Cap Higher than we Thought
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:27 pm
* NET Staff * Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:19 amPosts: 2038Location: Spokane

I've been corresponding with the founder of one of the salary cap sites and apparently there was another adjustment just prior to free agency from the $13.2M figure that's been widely reported. In fact, the Seahawks got another $1M or so adjusted upward so our total cap is $137.2M. I've been posting updates in the stickied thread up top but I thought this was important enough to post by itself.Seahawks right now have about $6.5M in available space, even after rookies are signed they would have over $6M. Probably enough to sign another mid-level veteran and work out an extension with Chancellor if the parties are willing.
_________________From now on you shall refer to me as "Western Washington University Grad and Season Ticket Holder"
Originally posted by Beeker:
AB - I just got this off Seahags.net ..... what do you make of it? Is their salary cap really this high?

I've been corresponding with the founder of one of the salary cap sites and apparently there was another adjustment just prior to free agency from the $13.2M figure that's been widely reported. In fact, the Seahawks got another $1M or so adjusted upward so our total cap is $137.2M. I've been posting updates in the stickied thread up top but I thought this was important enough to post by itself.Seahawks right now have about $6.5M in available space, even after rookies are signed they would have over $6M. Probably enough to sign another mid-level veteran and work out an extension with Chancellor if the parties are willing.
_________________From now on you shall refer to me as "Western Washington University Grad and Season Ticket Holder"

I obviously not the expert that AB is, but I think that the 137 is their cap this year. But you have to remember that there cap will be 124ish next year if they spend the full 137. They are already at 128 next year. Again this is just my rough understanding of the cap.

Chris
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
Originally posted by Beeker:

I obviously not the expert that AB is, but I think that the 137 is their cap this year. But you have to remember that there cap will be 124ish next year if they spend the full 137. They are already at 128 next year. Again this is just my rough understanding of the cap.

Chris

if that's true then they're going to be screwed in the future lol. they're gonna lose so many players
That is the max they can spend in 2013, it's like having extra cap room. Each team has an adjusted cap, which is the cap itself($123M), then carryover and credits like Incentives not earned like Alex Smith and David Akers. Our adjusted cap is around $126M. Only because we carried over so much from 2011 to 2012, and spent it all, we have little carryover in 2013, like $900,000.
That is the max they can spend in 2013, it's like having extra cap room. Each team has an adjusted cap, which is the cap itself($123M), then carryover and credits like Incentives not earned like Alex Smith and David Akers. Our adjusted cap is around $126M. Only because we carried over so much from 2011 to 2012, and spent it all, we have little carryover in 2013, like $900,000.

Cool, brother. Thanks to you and Chris for catching me up on that.
One thing that I think everyone should know: We carried a lot of money over last year. We used that money to sign Willis and others. Our guys are signed to cap friendly deals. Patrick counted a lot last year, not much this year. The Cawks used there money to sign FA, not a winning strategy. JMO

Chris
So what does our carry over look like, as of NOW, for 2013 and 2014?

If we were $4.542M under before the McCoy deal, and the speculation was that his deal would count $1.5M against the cap, we're about $3.042M under.

AB, how much $$ do we need to sign our Draftees?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If we were $4.542M under before the McCoy deal, and the speculation was that his deal would count $1.5M against the cap, we're about $3.042M under.

We are now $3.417M under the cap after the McCoy trade. I added a piece at the bottom of the 2013 page with estimates on draft pool, courtesy of OverTheCap.com.

We are now $3.417M under the cap after the McCoy trade. I added a piece at the bottom of the 2013 page with estimates on draft pool, courtesy of OverTheCap.com.

We'll how about now? Seems like were going to be dangerously close to having no $$ for the draftees.

We'll how about now? Seems like were going to be dangerously close to having no $$ for the draftees.

I was looking at that site and it seems the draft pool money is separate from the salary cap.

Dude, that sight is VERY good at explaining all the ins and outs! Thanks again, AB!!
Share 49ersWebzone