LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
bump, updated after final cuts. We are between the $1.665M under or up by $1.5M if we used the vet credit on Haralson.
Bump again.
Looks like a lot of money will be walking out the door with our 2013 FAs. I think we resign RJF to replace Soap and try to keep Goldson either by tagging him again or a realistic extension. Everybody else can walk as they are all overpaid veterans that are easily replaceable.
Hey AB any forcasting for next years cap room?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Hey AB any forcasting for next years cap room?

At this moment, about 3M under. Some deals will need to be done, we need to address Justin Smith for an extension, also Akers, Whitner can be extended while lowering salaries. Also Goodwin and Haralson are the 2 likely players to be cut, save 4.95M for Goodwin and 2.87M for Haralson. Of course we would need to have a plan at Center, is Kilgore or Looney the future, and who steps up at 3rd OLB, Cam, Fleming, Bakhtiari if he sticks, or someone else.

I expect Gooden to be easiest signing. I would be happy with a simple 2 or 3 yr deal, he has been a nice surprise on Special Teams, he, Spillman have been our top 2 now with Jones and Costanzo gone. Also hope Grant is kept, we could use him on defense too, maybe have him in whenever Bowman or Willis need a breather, mainly Willis as he is getting more of a veteran.

Goldson I doubt is franchised, would be over 8M. Moss, Jacobs likely wont be back, Jacobs is more likely to be back, but I dont think he returns when we have Gore, Hunter and hopefully James stepping in.

Sopoaga and RJF need to be decided, Sopoaga is older and may cost more, RJF is younger, and may be a little cheaper, both are capable at NT, obviously Sopoaga is better, but I think we would be fine with Jean Francois and a rookie, or Ian Williams gets playing time finally.

Haggans is not returning, unless he shows something, it's a similar 1yr deal, which counts very little thanks to veteran exception discount.

Brock and McBath are RFAs, and would cost $1.26m for a original draft pick tender, None for Brock and 5th for McBath. I think more likely Brock would be a 2yr deal for minimum with small bonus, though I want an upgrade. And McBath simple 1yr 630k deal.
Hard to believe we'll only be 3 mil over the cap in 2013. Looking at the 2013 salaries I don't see many overpaid guys besides Goodwin, Crabtree and Brooks slightly.
[ Edited by SFrush on Oct 5, 2012 at 11:48 AM ]
Originally posted by SFrush:
Hard to believe we'll only be 3 mil over the cap in 2013. Looking at the 2013 salaries I don't see many overpaid guys besides Goodwin, Crabtree and Brooks slightly.

I wouldn't worry about it, Justin Smith is in line for an extension, and he would lower that $7.5m base salary way down so we save near $6m, plus Whitner and Akers have $3M or more in base salary so they could be extended and save some cap room.

I dont see m,any overpaid guys either. Position wise Alex isn't, but he needs to step up more to be right for earning that 9M a year. Goodwin is overpaid a bit, he is a solid Center, and I would like to see him lower his salary and add 2 more years onto his deal, but if not he would be ideal to be cut. Haralson needs to be cut or pay cut , but make sure we have a plan for 3rd OLB.

Guys like Spillman, Boone, Jennings, Brown are worth there pay, and of course Bowman is, but on a rookie 3rd rd deal, so he is in line. I wouldn't mind an extension for Brown in the offseason. It's 2014 and 2015 offseasons that we need to look out for. Iupati, A.Davis, Crabtree, Kaep, Hunter, Miller, Culliver, Kilgore and Aldon will be addressed in 2015 offseason. Maybe before, since once they completed there 3rd season they can be extended.
Haralson will definitely have to restructure or he'll be gone.
Aside for a couple of guys restructuring, there is money in Moss, Jacobs, Haralson, Ginn and Jacobs. Goodwin has really played well, and I hope he's here next year. I'm hoping for a couple more blow outs, so Kilgore gets some reps.
bumped for updated info.

Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Didn't want to start new thread, but we save $20.02M by cutting Alex, Haralson, Goodwin and Akers before the beginning of free agency. Plus thr 3.588, would give us $23.68M to spend for 2013 free agents.

Who does "thr 3.588" refer to?
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Who does "thr 3.588" refer to?

lol meant The as in cap room to start with before any cuts/trades/signings/etc...
Couple notes:

Gore doesn't have incentives for yardage but for game day actives. If active for 13 games in 2012 he gets $600k to make his salary $6M, in 2013 and 2014 it is $750k, making his salaries $6.45M

Brooks can waive his de-escalators by having the 49ers win 12 games, make NFC Championship game and play 93% of defensive snaps, which he has. If not, he will lose $2.5M in base in 2013 by not reaching 12 sacks for 2012.
How does the cap work around Manningham, if he is unable to even play for most of the season? I would assume he doesn't affect the cap if he is on the PUP for the beginning of the year?
Share 49ersWebzone