LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Update:

Erik Pears' deal is actually a 2yr/$5.7M deal, with $1M in LTBE incentives for play time this year.

Also the 49ers adjusted Joe Staley's deal, his cap number reportedly goes up from $6.4M to $7.6M.

Well I guess he's the swing tackle. No reason to do a deal that big for camp fodder, unless there's little/no guaranteed $$.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Update:

Erik Pears' deal is actually a 2yr/$5.7M deal, with $1M in LTBE incentives for play time this year.

Also the 49ers adjusted Joe Staley's deal, his cap number reportedly goes up from $6.4M to $7.6M.

Well I guess he's the swing tackle. No reason to do a deal that big for camp fodder, unless there's little/no guaranteed $$.

I highly doubt he was ever considered to be camp fodder by anyone but fans. He has $500K that he got in a signing bonus, and another $500K of his $1.45M base guaranteed. So basically $1M is guaranteed.

If he is somehow cut in camp then the dead money is $750K in 2015 and $250K in 2016, reason why it's not even uis due to the base guarantee, those become dead money in the year that they were cut, and aren't subjected to being divided over 2 years.
Please check out this link for the 2015 salaries. http://www.ninersnation.com/pages/49ers-salary-cap-2015

I've added in a section for dead money/cap savings at the bottom.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Can you update the title of the thread AB?
Originally posted by Janitor:
Can you update the title of the thread AB?

Done. We might have an additional $250k if Dockett's roster bonus doesn't count against the cap, but they would have to have that cap room come September.

Note that we have to have almost $5M for Aldon Smith in case he does reach his incentives and stays on the roster the entire season, plus $3M for roster bonus payments, and also more cap room for emergencies during the season, so we will probably be restructuring someones deal after the draft.

Kap's deal can be redone, and save $7.724M, but I'mm not sure if they do that or they aproach someone else.

I wouldn't redo Bowman's deal as he redid his deal in 2014, and it would add on more prorated money to the future.

Dawson could be a cap cut, but his base salary saw a $500K guarantee become guaranteed on April 1st, so it's now only a $2.643M savings.

Anthony Davis might be a potential restructure candidate, but not sure the 49ers want to add more prorated money in the next 5 years.
I hear you on it being tough to find the best way to get those savings we need (cap room), to fulfill Aldons potential 2015 earnings, plus roster bonus payments. Even though Dawson got that 500k, I would look to draft one of the elite K's this year, and cut Dawson. I'd look to trade A. Brooks for what ever we could get, or we could just do the May what ever cut, where we can have the hit spread out over 2 years. Then depending how the draft goes, we could look to trade away someone who might not be here beyond 2015, someone like VD, or perhaps A. Boone.

I know trading away someone like Vernon might not be a popular move for us, but he's in the final year of his deal, and he always thinks he should be paid as the best TE in the league, even though for the most part, he's never been the best. Boone is almost guaranteed to not come back, so if we could net a descent pick for him like a 4th, or most likely 5th, then I'd trade him ASAP, and take the 3+ million in savings, and let either M Martin play RG, or B. Thomas, depending on who wins the LG spot between the two.
^^^^^^^^^^
We could cut Andy Lee and use Jared Hayne as our punter.
Way to think outside the box Modesto, but that won't happen EVER. Like AB said, we need to clear roughly 8 million from now, through most of the season. Sure we could restructure Kap, but all we'd be doing there, is making it more costly to wash our hands of him if it doesn't work out. Cutting Dawson and adding an elite K in the draft this year, probably isn't much of a drop off, if at all, but we can save close to 3 million alone just doing that. Brooks isn't going to be a long term piece, but Lynch is looking like he might have a chance to be, so why not clear some more room by either trading him, or cutting him to where we can reap the most savings?
Damn looks like we are broke now. Barely over 5 mill to spend & we know that money is gone with the rookie class coming in so we are left with less then a Mill. There is no way in hell we enter the season with that kind of cap space they have to restructure or ask a player to take a pay cut in order to have some sort of cap space for injuries down the line. Since we dont have any more wiggle room i wonder if the possibility of signing either Nicks or Briggs is out the door now
I would love for us to be able to add both Nicks and Briggs to this roster. Nicks is a big WR, who just a couple years ago, was a monster on the field. Briggs would give us some good depth at ILB, or possibly he beats out Wilhoite for the starting job?

Please check out this link for the 2015 salaries. http://www.ninersnation.com/pages/49ers-salary-cap-2015

AB, I read that teams can now sign players after May 12th (moved up from June 1st) of which these signings would not affect the compensation picks formula for next year. Does this affect the cap in any way?
Originally posted by NCommand:

AB, I read that teams can now sign players after May 12th (moved up from June 1st) of which these signings would not affect the compensation picks formula for next year. Does this affect the cap in any way?

No it doesn't. It only affects comp pick formula. So say if Crabtree ends up signing after May 12th then we won't get a comp pick at all for him.

No it doesn't. It only affects comp pick formula. So say if Crabtree ends up signing after May 12th then we won't get a comp pick at all for him.

Figured as much but thanks for the clarification! Hurry up Crabtree...so we can sign Hicks on May 13th.
Figured as much but thanks for the clarification! Hurry up Crabtree...so we can sign Hicks on May 13th.

Who is this Hicks kid or are you referring to Nicks?
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
What are the exact #´s for Shareece Wright ?

- OverTheCap reports $1,500,000 guaranteed

- Spotrac reports $250,000 guaranteed
[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 21, 2015 at 10:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone