LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Good deal. 4 to 5 million over sounds a lot better than 9 million +.

Great news, CBS Sports reported that the cap could be as high as $144M in 2015, so right now if that's the case, we are just about $800K under the 2015 cap with current carryover.

Not much wiggle room

True, but a couple guys will restructure, likely Kap, Aldon, and Willis. Maybe Vernon. Plus Brooks is overpaid, so is Ray McDonald, Dahl could be cut, saving $1.7M, so there are moves to be made in the offseason.
Good deal. 4 to 5 million over sounds a lot better than 9 million +.

Great news, CBS Sports reported that the cap could be as high as $144M in 2015, so right now if that's the case, we are just about $800K under the 2015 cap with current carryover.

Not much wiggle room

True, but a couple guys will restructure, likely Kap, Aldon, and Willis. Maybe Vernon. Plus Brooks is overpaid, so is Ray McDonald, Dahl could be cut, saving $1.7M, so there are moves to be made in the offseason.

Didn't we just restructure RayMac...thought this was his last year under contract?
Didn't we just restructure RayMac...thought this was his last year under contract?

We did, but he is signed through 2018, but it actually voids after 2015. He won't see the big money in 2015, he has clearly lost a step.
I know it would be a small hit if any but does the cutting and resigning of Bubba and Johnson do anything to the cap like dead money?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
We did, but he is signed through 2018, but it actually voids after 2015. He won't see the big money in 2015, he has clearly lost a step.

Not sure I agree...Without Bowman back there our Run D has been one of the best in the league and part of that is R.Mac. He might not be the pass rusher he once was but he clearly has the trust of the Coaching staff with his assignments. You also can't loose him and possibly see J.Smith retire in the same year...talk about chaos.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Pure speculation here, but how do you think it impacts the cap if we were to let Crabs walk, maybe extend Stevie? More money obviously, but what do you think happens?
Lattimore's salary counted against the cap, didn't it?
what is Vernon scheduled to make next year?
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews

7 mil
Originally posted by Janitor:

7 mil

$7,019,920 to be exact, but only $4.95M in salary, which can be saved if cut.

7 mil

I can't recall the thread, but you posted a scenario back in September/October of restructures and extensions. Do you think it's realistic for the 49ers to retain both Perrish Cox and Chris Culliver?
Really good session between Kevin Lynch, and former sports agent Joel Corry, right here, http://www.stationcaster.com/player_skinned.php?s=851&c=4851&f=3668603

Some good points.

- He thinks Crabs will be in high demand, cause Dez, Demaryius could be franchised, Cobb may not leave GB, and Maclin may stay in Philly. But says he would only give Crabs in the $6-7M a yr range, doesn't believe he is a #1 WR.

- He thinks Cox is a 1yr deal guy, cause up until now, he hasn't really shown up big, especially since it's a contract year, which I'm beginning to see.

- Iupati probably looks for Andy Levitre money, which is around $8M a year.

- Kap likely restructures in offseason

- We have almost $149M in committed salaries, with the cap expected to reach around $145M at most.

- Gore is a 1yr $4.5M guy in FA in 2015.

- Culliver, if asks for $5M a yr on a 4-5 yr deal could be let go, and we would be wise to look at FA CBs.

- Good point on Aldon Smith, how since the 49ers set a precident with the Kaepernick contract, only $13M guaranteed, where as Matt Ryan, Cutler, and Romo have like $40M guaranteed at signing. So he thinks while Aldon is in the same class as Justin Houston, and Von Miller, the 49ers likely get Aldon to sign a deal with high game day roster bonuses, same as Kap has, which is $2M a yr starting in 2015.

- Brooks is a possible cap cut at a $9M salary, saves $4M.

7 mil

I can't recall the thread, but you posted a scenario back in September/October of restructures and extensions. Do you think it's realistic for the 49ers to retain both Perrish Cox and Chris Culliver?

Depends on what they ask for. I wouldn't pay Culliver big money. And Cox I'm leaning towards believing that a 1yr deal is better cap wise, since he has never been this lights out in his career, and especially that it is in a contract year.
Damn we are over the cap for next year?
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Damn we are over the cap for next year?

Ab what kind of cap space realistically at best do you see us being able to obtain after the season and who do you think will be cap casualties?

I think brooks is all but gone for starters.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Dec 7, 2014 at 7:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone