LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninergold:
How does the cap work around Manningham, if he is unable to even play for most of the season? I would assume he doesn't affect the cap if he is on the PUP for the beginning of the year?

He just misses one game check for active on 46 man roster on game days. Other than that, no change, no difference.
what is the likelyhood to resign goldson and get mike wallace

mike wallace=sick ass receiving core.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Couple notes:

Gore doesn't have incentives for yardage but for game day actives. If active for 13 games in 2012 he gets $600k to make his salary $6M, in 2013 and 2014 it is $750k, making his salaries $6.45M

Brooks can waive his de-escalators by having the 49ers win 12 games, make NFC Championship game and play 93% of defensive snaps, which he has. If not, he will lose $2.5M in base in 2013 by not reaching 12 sacks for 2012.

Does he need to hit all of those, or one of those? Do postseason games count in the 12? If so, we hit all of those morks by winning next SAT.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Couple notes:

Gore doesn't have incentives for yardage but for game day actives. If active for 13 games in 2012 he gets $600k to make his salary $6M, in 2013 and 2014 it is $750k, making his salaries $6.45M

Brooks can waive his de-escalators by having the 49ers win 12 games, make NFC Championship game and play 93% of defensive snaps, which he has. If not, he will lose $2.5M in base in 2013 by not reaching 12 sacks for 2012.

Does he need to hit all of those, or one of those? Do postseason games count in the 12? If so, we hit all of those morks by winning next SAT.

All need to be met, and it is 12 regular season games.
I
[ Edited by eonblue on Jan 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM ]
Originally posted by eonblue:
I

I agree.
Did Justin Smith lower his cap hit for 2013? I am seeing 9,833,333 for his cap hit in 2013.
Jay Hurley ‏@AB83Rules
When Donte Whitner was selected to the pro bowl he hit an escalator for 2013, an extra $100,000, up to $3.85M for 2013 base salary.

Originally posted by bigwads:
Did Justin Smith lower his cap hit for 2013? I am seeing 9,833,333 for his cap hit in 2013.

Where do you see that? He did what Willis did, only in 09 by pushing the remaining prorated bonuses into one season for extra cap room for the future.
Guys on NBC Sports saying Alex will ask for release before Free Agency, and Moss will play at least one more year, either in SF or another spot.
Bump.

Brooks had his salary decreased from $4.3M to $2.7M, due to low sack totals.

Brown had a $2M increase to $2.925M, likely based on Playing Time, stats, and such.

Whitner had a $100K increase for pro bowl selection to $3.85M

Bump.

Brown had a $2M increase to $2.925M, likely based on Playing Time, stats, and such.

Paraag is amazing. Great job as well AB.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Bump.

Paraag is amazing. Great job as well AB.

Agreed, Paraag does a hell of a job. And I try my best to get news out first, I did this, and the Redoes of McDonald, Vernon and Rogers.

Off topic: I'm thinking we may see some extensions this offseason, Justin Smith, Donte Whitner, Mario Manningham and Tarell Brown all should be apart of this team for the future. Plus we could save some cash too.

Thing with restructures, is they dont lose the money, they get it in a signing bonus prorated over length of contract.
With Davis and Iupati due at the end of 2014 as well as Kaep and a few others, in addtion to the acceleration of PW, Bowman, Staley's contracts....how will we be able to sign Goldson this year and retain a few other guys??? It seems like we're gunna be in some tough spots.....and who knows what will happen with Crabtree
Originally posted by suckafree17:
With Davis and Iupati due at the end of 2014 as well as Kaep and a few others, in addtion to the acceleration of PW, Bowman, Staley's contracts....how will we be able to sign Goldson this year and retain a few other guys??? It seems like we're gunna be in some tough spots.....and who knows what will happen with Crabtree

It helps that they will clear Alex Smith's contract off the payroll, plus the structure is key, the way they structured Bowman and Brooks' deals wee pure genius. If they can do the same, then Goldson will be retained.

We may have to decide on Iupati or Davis, Crabtree may be a tough one, he may not want an extension until time is right for him. Kap and Aldon wont until end of 2013 per CBA rules.
Originally posted by suckafree17:

It helps that they will clear Alex Smith's contract off the payroll, plus the structure is key, the way they structured Bowman and Brooks' deals wee pure genius. If they can do the same, then Goldson will be retained.

We may have to decide on Iupati or Davis, Crabtree may be a tough one, he may not want an extension until time is right for him. Kap and Aldon wont until end of 2013 per CBA rules.

Do top ten Tackles make around 10-12 mil?
Share 49ersWebzone