There are 194 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ers1:
good stuff ab83rules, but just a question, where is Darrell Jackson in all of this. he wasnt mentioned in the salary cap, whereas people such as ashley lelie was.

got any answers for this one ab83?
good stuff ab83rules, but just a question, where is Darrell Jackson in all of this. he wasnt mentioned in the salary cap, whereas people such as ashley lelie was.

sorry i overlooked this one bro.

The answer is simple, since he was traded for, we were not responsible for any of his remaining bonus(guaranteed) money. Thus by cuting him, we saved everything we had been scheduled to give him in salary.
Originally posted by nekst:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
#30 Donald Strickland(CB)-2008 $7,800,000

Isn't that about $7 million dollars too much? That's a guess on my part...

That comes from the incentive clause in his contract. If Strickland meets some unachievable incentive, he makes $7.8M. Otherwise that $7M carries over as a credit or something to next year.
Wow, that's a lot of money in 09 to beef up the offensive/defensive line.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

sorry i overlooked this one bro.

The answer is simple, since he was traded for, we were not responsible for any of his remaining bonus(guaranteed) money. Thus by cuting him, we saved everything we had been scheduled to give him in salary.

glad we have you man, nice on this stuff, and even nicer for not having to pay any dead money on jackson
  • gootbaby
  • Info N/A
The Niners suck They dont know how to run a franchise. They blow money on bad players.
Dont overlook Micheal Lewis, No way he plays for 5 mil!
AB what would be the cap hit if the niners throw Jennings in the garbage where he belongs?
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by nekst:
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
#30 Donald Strickland(CB)-2008 $7,800,000

Isn't that about $7 million dollars too much? That's a guess on my part...

That comes from the incentive clause in his contract. If Strickland meets some unachievable incentive, he makes $7.8M. Otherwise that $7M carries over as a credit or something to next year.

also, if he reaches that clause, he has earned his 7.8 million.
AB,

Out of curiosity, how would next years cap be affected if we cut J. Jennings, A. Franklin, A. Smith, and V. Davis? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
AB,

Out of curiosity, how would next years cap be affected if we cut J. Jennings, A. Franklin, A. Smith, and V. Davis? Thanks in advance.

right now, we have about 30M before those cuts.

Jonas- $3M Savings
Alex- $1.23M Savings
Franklin- $2M Savings
V.Davis- $1.44M After JUne 1st, cap hit before june 1st

and for another guy, TBC, it would be $1.25M Savings
AB,

Jonas- $3M Savings
Alex- $1.23M Savings
Franklin- $2M Savings

A total cap number of 38.92 million if we dumped those guy's isn't bad. Thanks.

Another question:

Is the 30 mil that we have already counting the 7 mil carry over from that bogus Strickland incentive deal, or is it 37 mil once he doesn't reach the incentives?
AB,

Jonas- $3M Savings
Alex- $1.23M Savings
Franklin- $2M Savings

Another question:

Is the 30 mil that we have already counting the 7 mil carry over from that bogus Strickland incentive deal, or is it 37 mil once he doesn't reach the incentives?

no, it includes Strickland's 7M Phony Clause, but i guess we may have more than 7M.
AB,

Jonas- $3M Savings
Alex- $1.23M Savings
Franklin- $2M Savings

Another question:

no, it includes Strickland's 7M Phony Clause, but i guess we may have more than 7M.

Thanks for the quick response! Alot of people don't agree with me but I think that cutting the 4 players I listed, and even TBC as you stated would free up enough money to make some necessary moves.

With 40 million (30 million after rookie pool allocation) I think we could bring in a veteran QB as the starter (move Hill and O' Sullivan down the depth chart), the get a stud NT (maybe make a run at Haynesworth), OT, a true FB, and CB. Then we could use Bajema, and Walker as TE. I love the potential that Vernon brings to the table, but I just don't know if he'll ever pan out to be worth what we are paying him. Maybe if we had a coordinator that could get the ball in his hands instead of constantly using him to block he would be alright, but I don't know.

[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Nov 26, 2008 at 16:05:04 ]
AB,

Jonas- $3M Savings
Alex- $1.23M Savings
Franklin- $2M Savings

Another question:

Thanks for the quick response! Alot of people don't agree with me but I think that cutting the 4 players I listed, and even TBC as you stated would free up enough money to make some necessary moves.

With 40 million (30 million after rookie pool allocation) I think we could bring in a veteran QB as the starter (move Hill and O' Sullivan down the depth chart), the get a stud NT (maybe make a run at Haynesworth), OT, a true FB, and CB. Then we could use Bajema, and Walker as TE. I love the potential that Vernon brings to the table, but I just don't know if he'll ever pan out to be worth what we are paying him. Maybe if we had a coordinator that could get the ball in his hands instead of constantly using him to block he would be alright, but I don't know.

hey, no prob man, not everyone here agree's with me, but i dont sweat about it, so dont worry man, i like your posts, your very insightful, and i maynot always agree, but there is one thing we agree on, our love for the 49ers, and thats all that matters.

Anyway, i agree with the cutting of those guys, maybe not as much on Vernon, but still, i wouldnt be upset if we cut them all, including TBC.
Share 49ersWebzone