LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 114 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Not sure how Maiocco gets $11M, maybe AJ Jenkins' dead money doesn't count after all.

Anyway, I have us at least $10.097M under the cap. Plus add in $5.105M, we should have $15.1M in cap room when Rogers is cut, or maybe a pay cut happens.

This would be enough to Tender Wilhoite, retain Dawson, Whitner, Boldin, Cox, Dobbs, Wright, and sign draft picks.

Oh, this 10M is WITH an expected increase to 130M. Got it. This is great news and we haven't even talked about restructuring Gore and others as well.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Not sure how Maiocco gets $11M, maybe AJ Jenkins' dead money doesn't count after all.

Anyway, I have us at least $10.097M under the cap. Plus add in $5.105M, we should have $15.1M in cap room when Rogers is cut, or maybe a pay cut happens.

This would be enough to Tender Wilhoite, retain Dawson, Whitner, Boldin, Cox, Dobbs, Wright, and sign draft picks.

Oh, this 10M is WITH an expected increase to 130M. Got it. This is great news and we haven't even talked about restructuring Gore and others as well.

Exactly. Gore should redo his deal, cut in half. Also possible extensions for Davis, Willis, and McDonald.
MM says his numbers are from a team source, so it may have been a quick email to get a reaction on the cap hit, and whomever his source is just sent a quick note back saying "11M", without having access to the math that you've put together.

Or, alternatively, somehow somebody knows more than you. I don't see that as likely.

Exactly. Gore should redo his deal, cut in half. Also possible extensions for Davis, Willis, and McDonald.

Great news for sure! And there is the possibility of losing Brown and/or Whitner. Our FO is epic.
Originally posted by sspiker:
MM says his numbers are from a team source, so it may have been a quick email to get a reaction on the cap hit, and whomever his source is just sent a quick note back saying "11M", without having access to the math that you've put together.

Or, alternatively, somehow somebody knows more than you. I don't see that as likely.

Impossible!

Great news for sure! And there is the possibility of losing Brown and/or Whitner. Our FO is epic.

Of course buddy. Possibility of losing both, or just one. We can keep both if Gore restructures. A lot will happen in next 19 days till FA opens.
Originally posted by sspiker:

I think Matt needs to start asking AB. He is definitely the most cap knowledgeable fan I know.
Yay!
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Feb 20, 2014 at 1:45 PM ]
Salary Cap keeps rising !!!!! projected more than $132M

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/25/source-cap-will-be-higher-than-132-million/
[ Edited by SixtyMins on Feb 25, 2014 at 11:28 AM ]
This is how I look at it. If the cap is between $132M-$135M, we will have between $12.537M and $15.537M to start with, not including anything we get from a Rogers cut or pay cut.

I look at it this way, we have several guys coming up that need contract extensions.

Boldin, Whitner, Brown, Dawson are all UFAs this year, Wilhoite is a EFA, with the chance as a RFA in 2015 if he isn't extended.

After 2014, we have Kap, Miller, Crabs, Iupati, Dorsey, Skuta, Culliver, Spillman all UFAs. I had us projected at $29M under for 2015, but that was with a $126.095M cap limit. Obviously that won't be the limit, it will be much higher. Probably in the $140M range, which would then give us an extra $13.905M in cap space. Enough to franchise Crabs if need be.

Rogers counts for just over $9M for 2015, he won't see that or anything close to that. But that should be offset by Aldon's 5th yr option. So at this point, if the cap is $140M in 2015, we have right now a projected $43.082M in cap room. Of course, we need to factor in probably $5M for 2014 rooks, Boldin, and whoever else is signed this offseason. Plus an extra $5M for 2015 picks, just to be safe. So at worst shave of $15M, that still leaves us at $28.082M under the cap. Now the players I listed as FAs after 2014, most should come back. Spillman is a ST ace. Skuta also, and a good backup LB'er. Dorsey has proven to be a good piece.

Miller and Cully should get extensions, possibly this offseason. Same for Kap. We could be looking at tag Crabs or Iupati. We could keep both, but then we may have issues in the future. Vernon, Willis, McDonald, and Boone all need new deals at some point, along with Staley. So while the future is bright, we still need to be cautious.

AB81!!! I like the name change! I guess it was time to move on from arnaz battle. .. Anyway, only two reasons I come to the forums these days are for MD's big board and your cap breakdowns! Keep it going braddah! Mahalo
Ab, what's the deal with the reports that we actually have 15 million next year?
This is how I look at it. If the cap is between $132M-$135M, we will have between $12.537M and $15.537M to start with, not including anything we get from a Rogers cut or pay cut.

I look at it this way, we have several guys coming up that need contract extensions.

Boldin, Whitner, Brown, Dawson are all UFAs this year, Wilhoite is a EFA, with the chance as a RFA in 2015 if he isn't extended.

After 2014, we have Kap, Miller, Crabs, Iupati, Dorsey, Skuta, Culliver, Spillman all UFAs. I had us projected at $29M under for 2015, but that was with a $126.095M cap limit. Obviously that won't be the limit, it will be much higher. Probably in the $140M range, which would then give us an extra $13.905M in cap space. Enough to franchise Crabs if need be.

Rogers counts for just over $9M for 2015, he won't see that or anything close to that. But that should be offset by Aldon's 5th yr option. So at this point, if the cap is $140M in 2015, we have right now a projected $43.082M in cap room. Of course, we need to factor in probably $5M for 2014 rooks, Boldin, and whoever else is signed this offseason. Plus an extra $5M for 2015 picks, just to be safe. So at worst shave of $15M, that still leaves us at $28.082M under the cap. Now the players I listed as FAs after 2014, most should come back. Spillman is a ST ace. Skuta also, and a good backup LB'er. Dorsey has proven to be a good piece.

Miller and Cully should get extensions, possibly this offseason. Same for Kap. We could be looking at tag Crabs or Iupati. We could keep both, but then we may have issues in the future. Vernon, Willis, McDonald, and Boone all need new deals at some point, along with Staley. So while the future is bright, we still need to be cautious.

Originally posted by bigwads:
Ab, what's the deal with the reports that we actually have 15 million next year?

Bewm
Cap to be set at $133M according to USA Today. That would put us, pre-Kilgore extension, $13.5M under the cap.
Aldon Smith's 2015 option year salary is set at $9.754M. If picked up between now and May.

That would put us at $31M under the 2015 cap of $140M.
Share 49ersWebzone