There are 167 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Quick question Jason.

Let's say we win the Super Bowl and a few of the old vets retire. Gore, Boldin, and J Smith...what kind of savings do we get? Obviously we would have 3 giant holes to fill but we would have some financial flexibility I imagine.

Gore is off the books, so no savings. If Justin retired, it would free up $4.25M, while Boldin would free up $3.273M, there would be some dead money, but that would be the overall savings for each player.
Even if the player retires?

Why is that our problem?
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Quick question Jason.

Let's say we win the Super Bowl and a few of the old vets retire. Gore, Boldin, and J Smith...what kind of savings do we get? Obviously we would have 3 giant holes to fill but we would have some financial flexibility I imagine.

Gore is off the books, so no savings. If Justin retired, it would free up $4.25M, while Boldin would free up $3.273M, there would be some dead money, but that would be the overall savings for each player.
Even if the player retires?

Why is that our problem?

Because he was paid the bonus already, we won't get a credit. NE is fighting with Aaron Hernandez, who kept the bonus money given to him.

when Glenn Coffee retired we had a dead money hit. Unless the player does something illegal, you won't see the money again, and still, NE is having a hard time with their fight with Hernandez.
All Cap pages are updated. We have less than $300,000 in cap room after the signings of Carlos Hyde, and Dontae Johnson.

I did a little mock roster, and I had us at about $5M under to start 2014, but without Kap extended, so I think it's safe to say someone will be restructuring. I doubt the 49ers expected Stevie Johnson to be available on Day 2 of the draft for Trade. I can see an extension for Johnson, which lowers his 2014 and 2015 base salaries down a bit, give him some guaranteed money. Right now I project around $20M in cap room for 2015 when cuts are done. Probably goes down a good amount with a Kap extension. But Aldon will likely either be released(If he fails to stay clean) or be extended, and lower his $9.754M cap figure to gain cap room.

I only see a few FAs as must keep in 2015.

Kap, Cully(If he stays clean also), Dorsey, Skuta.

Iupati and Crabs are expendable, and likely aren't retained, unless they take way less than what those positions have been getting in Free Agency.

A few guys I would like to see kept would be Spillman, Ventrone, Osgood, and extend Boone and Vernon, as they have 2 yrs left on their deals.
Time to update the cap... http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/128443/navorro-bowman-restructures-deal
$2.853M under the cap right now.
Thanks AB!
MM reporting we are 1.733 under prior to Martin signing. But we get the 6 mil relief from Carlos Rogers 6/1 right AB?
6 and some change.
Originally posted by E-49er:
MM reporting we are 1.733 under prior to Martin signing. But we get the 6 mil relief from Carlos Rogers 6/1 right AB?

Yep, $6.6M, will be $6.1M due to top 51 rule, a player making $570K will replace him.
AB, will Roger's relief give them some flexibility for restructures? It almost seems given that Iupati and Crabs will move on.

Bump this up Playa today we get payed $6.6 coming our way
Another update coming soon...
Originally posted by Jakemall:

If your referring to Kap's new deal he shouldn't effect 14 cap. He got an extention. AB correct me if I'm wrong.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
AB81Rules, Looking at 2015 and beyond cap space how would the 49ers structure a contract for Crabtree to retain him?
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

If your referring to Kap's new deal he shouldn't effect 14 cap. He got an extention. AB correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah updated it the other day. I have them at $5.1M, NFLPA has them at $5.7M, not sure where I'm off by $600K. But it's close enough,, might be an additional credit applied to the team.
Share 49ersWebzone