LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Didn't Manningham take a cut from his $2.8M
Originally posted by ninergold:
Didn't Manningham take a cut from his $2.8M

Yes, from down to 1.8M, his extra $1M is from prorated signing bonus.
When's the update AB, after Cowboy's extension and the boon in capspace it freed?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
When's the update AB, after Cowboy's extension and the boon in capspace it freed?

around $6.5M, a little over $5M when Reid signs his rookie deal.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

around $6.5M, a little over $5M when Reid signs his rookie deal.

Very good news. Hopefully more cap space will get Iupati extended.
They need the space with Iupati, Kap and Crabs all coming up. AB, do you think Crabs injury will potentially lessen his market appeal so he might be more affordable?
They need the space with Iupati, Kap and Crabs all coming up. AB, do you think Crabs injury will potentially lessen his market appeal so he might be more affordable?

Depends on how he recovers from the injury.

Depends on his recovery, it wouldn't be wise for him to sign an extension, and he may not be the same again, these injuries change you, especially a WR or RB, where your cutting, and different angles.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Depends on his recovery, it wouldn't be wise for him to sign an extension, and he may not be the same again, these injuries change you, especially a WR or RB, where your cutting, and different angles.

I do think that he remains a playmaker because it is in his DNA. He is inherently a physical player and aggressive player when it comes to blocking and snatching the ball out of the air in tight spaces. He won't lose his instincts and with Boldin on this team he might learn a bit more about catching with defenders on you. I think he can still be a 1000 yd rcvr
Originally posted by SFrush:

Depends on how he recovers from the injury.

And how Kaepernick performs without him. I don't think he's the Justin Smith of our offence. As a side note, I like what Harbaugh and company are doing seeing if Vernon Davis can play WR. I think they want to get both Vance, Vernon and Celek on the field at the same time as much as possible.

Think Iupati gets extended with this extra space?
We may get aldon smith and kaep extended also so we got a lot of work to do next year. s**t. We should also keep t brown, hell he didn't allow a td in the regular season and only 1 to Julio jones with great coverage and jones grabbing his facemask. We will for sure cut Rogers so that salary will go directly to one of these players we need to extend
This will be big years for Jenkins and Dahl. They are both up close to $2M a year next year and will have to be more than ST and back ups to justify that money.
Hey AB, so with the addition of Wright, if we do decide to cut Rogers, we would just take a cap hit of $2,866,797 the next 2 years?
( Prorated bonuses and the 1.25 million salary he had guaranteed )?
Originally posted by mtminer:
Hey AB, so with the addition of Wright, if we do decide to cut Rogers, we would just take a cap hit of $2,866,797 the next 2 years?
( Prorated bonuses and the 1.25 million salary he had guaranteed )?

We would of course prorate over 2 seasons as you and most know. The 1.25m guarantee is for 2013, it isnt prorated. I think the savings is like 4.5M. I read my numbers wrong on a Tweet I did earlier. I think it was stupid to keep Rogers around if they end up cutting for a june 1 cut.

But anyway, back to the question. The 2.866.797M dead money would be for 2013, and his dead money would be I believe if math is right, $2,989,062 for 2014. We would save around $5,105,469 for 2014.

I posted in the Whitner thread about Rogers, and the cap. I wouldn't worry, we will carryover whatever is left, around $4.5M right now to the current $5.8M available under top 51 rule for 2014. I see us cutting ties with Rogers. May be this year, or 2014 offseason.

If so, we would have the current 5.8M for 2014, the carryover of $4.5M and $5.1M for rogers cap relief, which would give us over 15M to start free agency out with.

Also, Brooks contract could de-escalate if he doesn't achieve certain sack totals, team wins, NFC Title game, and defensive percentage played. So that could be another 1M savings.

Gore will need to be addressed, I hope a redo, add 2 yrs on, he can still play, let him mentor Lattimore. Save like 3M from the $6.45M he is due in 2014.

We could easily have $20M to play with when March 12th 2014 comes around.
Share 49ersWebzone