There are 197 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by baltien:
http://www.ninercaphell.com/2014-salaries/

That's his site; doubt AB gets his info from himself. I think he uses a number of sources and databases for salaries. Not sure he would share them with us though

Anyways, is that 7.584 before Dorsey? Definitely going to have to do some cutting, extending or restructuring if we get 1-3 more guys yet. If it's before Dorsey probably takes us down to 4.5 to 5... if we add 1-3 (Nnamdi/Woodson or Reed, maybe ST, K?) more that would take us to zero and a few mil over. Like you said still need 5-6 for rookies. Should be an interesting offseason. Could see some June 1st cuts... hoping for some restructures or extensions instead.

lol, I have sources, plus research is always good. The 7.584 is after Dorsey. I would imagine Skuta is no more than 1M a yr, similar to Costanzo's deal with Chicago last year.

The best ideas I see is extend Justin, lower base, save around 4m, and get Goodwin to take a pay cut, and extension, maybe 2 more years, to transition over to the Center of the future.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

That's his site; doubt AB gets his info from himself. I think he uses a number of sources and databases for salaries. Not sure he would share them with us though

Anyways, is that 7.584 before Dorsey? Definitely going to have to do some cutting, extending or restructuring if we get 1-3 more guys yet. If it's before Dorsey probably takes us down to 4.5 to 5... if we add 1-3 (Nnamdi/Woodson or Reed, maybe ST, K?) more that would take us to zero and a few mil over. Like you said still need 5-6 for rookies. Should be an interesting offseason. Could see some June 1st cuts... hoping for some restructures or extensions instead.

lol, I have sources, plus research is always good. The 7.584 is after Dorsey. I would imagine Skuta is no more than 1M a yr, similar to Costanzo's deal with Chicago last year.

The best ideas I see is extend Justin, lower base, save around 4m, and get Goodwin to take a pay cut, and extension, maybe 2 more years, to transition over to the Center of the future.

AB, just from a speculative standpoint, what terms are we going to be looking at when we extend Kap?

Prior to the postseason, I was hoping he would get something similar to what Fitzpatrick received not too long ago...6 year extension $59M with $24M guaranteed in 2011.

Plenty of QB's around the league are in line for extensions like Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Rogers, Ryan, etc.

Are we really looking at $100M extensions/$15-$20M annually for all the aforementioned quarterbacks, Kap included? Are there specific contract restrictions for extensions for players coming out of their rookie deals?
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

AB, just from a speculative standpoint, what terms are we going to be looking at when we extend Kap?

Prior to the postseason, I was hoping he would get something similar to what Fitzpatrick received not too long ago...6 year extension $59M with $24M guaranteed in 2011.

Plenty of QB's around the league are in line for extensions like Romo, Cutler, Stafford, Rogers, Ryan, etc.

Are we really looking at $100M extensions/$15-$20M annually for all the aforementioned quarterbacks, Kap included? Are there specific contract restrictions for extensions for players coming out of their rookie deals?

If he's maximizing his value, he'll get Flacco money. If he choses to be a team guy like Willis and Davis, he'll get Eli Manning money.
How much $ will 49ers save by cutting Carlos Rogers?

I think we are looking in the $15M a yr range for Kap. Which wouldn't be bad. If we are lucky we could get him signed for 13M a yr, with incentives to $15M a year.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
How much $ will 49ers save by cutting Carlos Rogers?

A little over $1.1m with a pre june 1 designation, $4m with a june 1 designation, problem is he has a April 1 guarantee coming up, so if on roster his $5.5m base is guaranteed for 2013, so only way to save money after that is a trade.
A little over $1.1m with a pre june 1 designation, $4m with a june 1 designation, problem is he has a April 1 guarantee coming up, so if on roster his $5.5m base is guaranteed for 2013, so only way to save money after that is a trade.

I wish for your sake some would just browse through the last 5-10 pages. You shouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I wish for your sake some would just browse through the last 5-10 pages. You shouldn't have to answer the same questions over and over.

No biggie, don't mind it at all.

Also I should have a better idea cap room wise tomorrow, I expect around $6 million under.
Originally posted by SFrush:

No biggie, don't mind it at all.

Also I should have a better idea cap room wise tomorrow, I expect around $6 million under.

I don't know much about tha cap know we dump Smith 7.5mill with trade N cut around 3mill cutting akers but we took on boldin 6mill N now dorsey 5+mill plus tha few little signing how do we have around 6mill ???
If my 2013 cap numbers for Dahl and Skuta are close enough, we are $6.4 million under the cap.

Dahl would be at $1,066,666
Skuta would be at $915,000
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Mar 17, 2013 at 3:40 PM ]

If my 2013 cap numbers for Dahl and Skuta are close enough, we are $6.4 million under the cap.

Dahl would be at $1,066,666
Skuta would be at $915,000

Nice.

I think we are looking in the $15M a yr range for Kap. Which wouldn't be bad. If we are lucky we could get him signed for 13M a yr, with incentives to $15M a year.

After Flacco's contract plus yearly inflation, I think 15mil for Kap would be a bargin.
[ Edited by GorefullBore on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:17 PM ]
Doesn't Crabtree have a player option in 2014? If so, he would need to get paid before 2014 and not after.

Also how will the new CBA work with players being able to negoiate after 3 years? Does it mean both Aldon and Kaep will get extended after this season?
Originally posted by cashmahne:
Doesn't Crabtree have a player option in 2014? If so, he would need to get paid before 2014 and not after.

Also how will the new CBA work with players being able to negoiate after 3 years? Does it mean both Aldon and Kaep will get extended after this season?

Hope so. It's our best hope of getting a decent deal on their 2nd contracts.
Originally posted by cashmahne:

Crabtree has the possibility to void 2013, but it wont happen, too many workout percentages go into it.

Yes, after the 3rd year teams and draft picks may negotiate new contracts. 1st rounders have a 5th year option that must be picked up or declined by end of year 3 of the contract.
Share 49ersWebzone