updated, added new info, and cap notes.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by niners9:
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Originally posted by niners9:

brian jennings is way overpaid

Fixed.
no, it was right the first time

Brotha's gotta pay for his meds. Ain't cheap!

Smartes man on the team. Troy Aikman was stating Long Snappers have long careers and make good money for the limited number of snaps of abuse their bodies take.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
updated, added new info, and cap notes.

jennings still makes to much, lol
Updated.
Updated.

Thanks, J.

Originally posted by kidash:
Updated.

Thanks, J.

You got it,
updated.
  • lyer
  • Veteran
thanks for the insightful thread and all the explanations through out.
I dont think we should have any dead money for Glen Coffee. He retired. Anything left should b void.
A few things stand out at this point:

Spencer will get cut, traded, or take a pay cut after this season. Who pays their #3 CB $3.2 million?

Navarro Bowman is way underpaid given his performance so far this season (only $625k).

Haralson isn't worth $2.3 million. We should look to draft a back-up OLB in the mid-rounds (assuming Aldon Smith finishes the season as an everydown player).

Bruce Miller for $390k is an amazing deal considering we are paying Moran Norris $1.9 million. Time to part ways with Norris.

Originally posted by blm7754:
A few things stand out at this point:

Spencer will get cut, traded, or take a pay cut after this season. Who pays their #3 CB $3.2 million?

Navarro Bowman is way underpaid given his performance so far this season (only $625k).

Haralson isn't worth $2.3 million. We should look to draft a back-up OLB in the mid-rounds (assuming Aldon Smith finishes the season as an everydown player).

Bruce Miller for $390k is an amazing deal considering we are paying Moran Norris $1.9 million. Time to part ways with Norris.

agree with with all you said. Bowman is on his rookie deal still, thru 2013, i would expect an extension near mid 2012 season.

Haralson, Spencer and Norris wil be gone after 2011. Ive found out that we have used our 3 $1M credits, one is on Norris, the other 2 i am not sure at this moment.

Another guy who may need to pay cut is Brown. Miller is a steal, on his rookie deal coming into the year as a rookie. 7th rd pick, making chump change.

And for 2012, right now if the cap stays at 120M we have 33M to play with, if 130M its 43M to play with.

Now we can save money by cutting Haralson, Spencer, and Brown.

Spencer we save like 3M, Haralson around 2M, and Brown i think little, maybe 800K.

Note: I can't seem to get the list to update, i cant paste the way I need it to. I have the listing in excel sheet.

If anyone wants a look at it, let me know and Ill upload it to my site.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Dead Money

ACTIVE 44 Moran Norris FB $1,927,500
ACTIVE 62 Chilo Rachal RG $1,091,000
ok bump, finally able to edit it.

Roughly $16M under right now, and we might be able to carry it over to 2012.
lol, Do we really owe Brock 250 bucks?
Originally posted by 1swift:
lol, Do we really owe Brock 250 bucks?

technically on the cap yes, but literally no, he was paid that last offseason when signed as a UDFA, that was his bonus, either 500 or 750 dollars, odd yes.
Share 49ersWebzone