There are 199 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So cutting Rogers doesn't increase the cap to like 15?
How about now? After reported signings?
Originally posted by irishluder:
How about now? After reported signings?

$5,364,710 under right now after the Bethea details. Unsure of Dawson details, I wanna guess around $2M for 2014.
thanks AB
Per Niner Nation: "Prior to this move, Jason Hurley had the 49ers with $5,364,710 in cap space. The Wright deal would leave the 49ers with $4,774,710 in cap space. This does not reflect the Phil Dawson 2-year contract, of which figures have not yet come out. I could have sworn I saw someone say it was worth $5 million, but I can't find that information anywhere. The salaries should show up in the NFLPA database soon.

Additionally, the number above does not reflect the Carlos Rogers release because of the June 1st designation. Rogers is a free agent now, but the 49ers don't get the cap space until this summer."

So, we should effectively have aound 8-9 mil in cap space, even though the Rogers $ wont show up until later. But as I understand it we can be "over" the cap temporarily as long as we are under after our cuts. And between cuts, restructuring and things like the Rogers deal, we would be well under by the time it mattered if we signed another couple mid range FAs.
Per Mat Maiocco
"The 49ers enter the day with $3.846 million in cap space. That figure includes kicker Phil Dawson's reported two-year, $6.134 million contract, which includes a $2 million signing bonus and a first-year cap figure of $2 million. Because the 49ers released cornerback Carlos Rogers with a post-June 1 designation, they will carry his entire $8.094 million cap figure until that time. Only then, will the team realize its $6.6 million cap savings on Rogers' contract."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-host-free-agents-edelman-thurmond-cap-space-dwindles
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Per Mat Maiocco
"The 49ers enter the day with $3.846 million in cap space. That figure includes kicker Phil Dawson's reported two-year, $6.134 million contract, which includes a $2 million signing bonus and a first-year cap figure of $2 million. Because the 49ers released cornerback Carlos Rogers with a post-June 1 designation, they will carry his entire $8.094 million cap figure until that time. Only then, will the team realize its $6.6 million cap savings on Rogers' contract."

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-host-free-agents-edelman-thurmond-cap-space-dwindles

Interesting. I have us at $3.764M under, not sure where I am off. But close anyway.

Sucks about Rogers money. Wish they would have just done pre june 1 cut, could use the money for some more FAs. But the 3.7M is enough to get a few guys signed. Plus we can get more by redoing Gore, and Gabbert deals.
Per Mat Maiocco

ugh we have to wait until June to use that cap space.

I'm not sure saving 1.5 mil was worth it.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Per Mat Maiocco

Why is that a big deal? Draft is in may, this means when june 1st hit will have 1.5 million more to sign those guys with and we will need money incase of injuries too.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Per Mat Maiocco

Why is that a big deal? Draft is in may, this means when june 1st hit will have 1.5 million more to sign those guys with and we will need money incase of injuries too.

also can't we b over the cap until a certain deadline or something? if so when is that? AB the $3.764M under figure you gave in your post above, does that include the 6.6M savings for Rogers or not?

Originally posted by matt49er:
Per Mat Maiocco

also can't we b over the cap until a certain deadline or something? if so when is that? AB the $3.764M under figure you gave in your post above, does that include the 6.6M savings for Rogers or not?

The $6.6M isn't included as technically rogers still counts as a Top 51 player, since we cant use the money till June 2nd.
ab, any unused cap this year and be rolled forward and used for signing one of our own free agents next year?

We lost some cap flexibility to sign a quality corner. I think that outweighs an extra 1.5 mil in June.
Originally posted by ninergold:
ab, any unused cap this year and be rolled forward and used for signing one of our own free agents next year?

Yep, correct. Any cap room leftover can be carried over to 2015.
Great job AB81 as usual!
Share 49ersWebzone