There are 150 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
If we were $4.542M under before the McCoy deal, and the speculation was that his deal would count $1.5M against the cap, we're about $3.042M under.

AB, how much $$ do we need to sign our Draftees?

We are now $3.417M under the cap after the McCoy trade. I added a piece at the bottom of the 2013 page with estimates on draft pool, courtesy of OverTheCap.com.

Thanks SB..updated my Team Needs post.
i wish the niners could pick up Harrison and Woodson

sweet bauce...
Right now without seeing or knowing anything about Davis' extension, I would think a smaller signing bonus then what Gosder Cherilus got. Maybe similar to Brooks and Bowman, $7.5m over 5 year, prorated to $1.5m a year. Then a 2nd yr option bonus. Plus guarantees in base salaries. Incentives for all pro, pro bowl, etc...

Also I wouldn't be surprised if someone or a few redid their deals, maybe Vernon, he has a $6M + base salary, or Justin finally is extended.

Also for draft picks, note that my estimates are from OTC, he is amazing at his rookie pool numbers. And don't look at the total needed, most of the picks wont count against the cap in offseason, not until season starts is when we need to create room.
Really hoping we can get a 2-3 year extension done with Justin Smith.
Originally posted by SFrush:

I hope so 2. I keep going through my mind about the extension for Anthony Davis, and if it includes any signing bonus, then someone redid their deal(s), namely Vernon Davis and his $6.072M base, or Justin getting an extension quietly. Without those, an extension with a signing bonus isn't possible. His bonus is likely $7.5 million, with base salary guarantees, plus some sorta option bonus.

I hope so 2. I keep going through my mind about the extension for Anthony Davis, and if it includes any signing bonus, then someone redid their deal(s), namely Vernon Davis and his $6.072M base, or Justin getting an extension quietly. Without those, an extension with a signing bonus isn't possible. His bonus is likely $7.5 million, with base salary guarantees, plus some sorta option bonus.
Yeah something is going on behind closed doors. We need to extend justin anyways and we need more cap room this season. Add in the fact we might sign woodson and we need to sign the rookie pool something is going on.
There's just not enough money left right now. Someone will get cut, guessing we'll have to wait til the draft to see who
Originally posted by jango4985:
There's just not enough money left right now. Someone will get cut, guessing we'll have to wait til the draft to see who

Or we redo some deals (namely Justin Smith or Vernon Davis)
Willis restructured.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-willis-agree-restructure-create-cap-space
Willis restructured.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-willis-agree-restructure-create-cap-space

pages updated, now $2.178M under by my numbers.

So with the 1st 4 picks accounted for, they will count $3,636,810 against the cap, we have $2.178M, but don't worry, those players would replace guys with $555k salaries. So we are fine. Thanks to Willis.

Edit: Forget Lemonier, his projected salary is lower than $555k, so we are totally fine, and in the blue, no need to release or redo a deal.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Apr 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM ]
So with the 1st 4 picks accounted for, they will count $3,636,810 against the cap, we have $2.178M, but don't worry, those players would replace guys with $555k salaries. So we are fine. Thanks to Willis.

Edit: Forget Lemonier, his projected salary is lower than $555k, so we are totally fine, and in the blue, no need to release or redo a deal.

Although I think we have added everything that we are going to add through free agency, hypothetically speaking...after the pending June cuts, could we sign another player still?
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Although I think we have added everything that we are going to add through free agency, hypothetically speaking...after the pending June cuts, could we sign another player still?

Depends on who is out there. Maybe a vet minimum deal, that comes with reduced cap figure thanks to cap credit for vets. Maybe Woodson if he is desperate enough.
Depends on who is out there. Maybe a vet minimum deal, that comes with reduced cap figure thanks to cap credit for vets. Maybe Woodson if he is desperate enough.

Gotcha...thanks AB!
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Gotcha...thanks AB!

The more I look at it, we should be good signing a low priced vet if one is needed or available. We should of a difference of around $1M.
Share 49ersWebzone