There are 195 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by suckafree17:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
With Davis and Iupati due at the end of 2014 as well as Kaep and a few others, in addtion to the acceleration of PW, Bowman, Staley's contracts....how will we be able to sign Goldson this year and retain a few other guys??? It seems like we're gunna be in some tough spots.....and who knows what will happen with Crabtree

It helps that they will clear Alex Smith's contract off the payroll, plus the structure is key, the way they structured Bowman and Brooks' deals wee pure genius. If they can do the same, then Goldson will be retained.

We may have to decide on Iupati or Davis, Crabtree may be a tough one, he may not want an extension until time is right for him. Kap and Aldon wont until end of 2013 per CBA rules.

Do top ten Tackles make around 10-12 mil?

Oh yeah, usually in the 10-13M a yr range for a Top flight LT, and some RTs that could play LT but the team already has a premier LT.
With Davis and Iupati due at the end of 2014 as well as Kaep and a few others, in addtion to the acceleration of PW, Bowman, Staley's contracts....how will we be able to sign Goldson this year and retain a few other guys??? It seems like we're gunna be in some tough spots.....and who knows what will happen with Crabtree

It helps that they will clear Alex Smith's contract off the payroll, plus the structure is key, the way they structured Bowman and Brooks' deals wee pure genius. If they can do the same, then Goldson will be retained.

We may have to decide on Iupati or Davis, Crabtree may be a tough one, he may not want an extension until time is right for him. Kap and Aldon wont until end of 2013 per CBA rules.

Oh yeah, usually in the 10-13M a yr range for a Top flight LT, and some RTs that could play LT but the team already has a premier LT.
Alex Boone can be our swing T and already plays on the right side so the transition wouldn't be that bad. Do we adress the oline with an additional G that could play RG if Kilgore goes to C and Slowey doesn't work out??
when can teams offer trade for Smith?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
when can teams offer trade for Smith?

March 12th is open of free agency. March 14th is the day where we will either cut or trade him and save full $9.75M salary.

Alex Boone can be our swing T and already plays on the right side so the transition wouldn't be that bad. Do we adress the oline with an additional G that could play RG if Kilgore goes to C and Slowey doesn't work out??

I see them targeting a Tackle/Guard swing guy like a Boone. I imagine Goodwin will stay, as no report on whether they may cut him, even though he is owed $3.7m in base, and $650k in playing time incentives. Davis, Staley, Kilgore, Looney, Boone, Iupati, Goodwin would be the top 7, of course there is the fact of no backup Tackle again. We were lucky with no injuries, but can we be lucky every year, doubt it. I imagine Looney/Kilgore push Goodwin(If not cut), and the best man suits up, if Goodwin i cut, Looney and Kilgore battle for Center spot, we draft a Tackle or sign one to be 7th OL and 3rd Tackle.

It's too bad on Slowey, he didn't work out. Now in Oakland on a 1yr deal after playing in UFL I believe.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
We traded Taylor Mays, why do we owe him $754,000?
Originally posted by kray28:

Because we must have picked up some of the tab to get him off the team. What the broncos did for tim tebow i believe the took some of the money hit on their books. Part of the deal when you trade a player sometimes you get stuck with some of the money but you get a pick when you would have just cut him and not gotten anything and still had to pay the guaranted money owed anyways.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by kray28:

Because we must have picked up some of the tab to get him off the team. What the broncos did for tim tebow i believe the took some of the money hit on their books. Part of the deal when you trade a player sometimes you get stuck with some of the money but you get a pick when you would have just cut him and not gotten anything and still had to pay the guaranted money owed anyways.

Yep, dead money, and was 2012 dead money. Only 400k in dead money for 2013. We aren't bad in cap wise. We cant cut baggage and get far under the cap. We will also be fine long term. We aren't NYJ, Carolina, Pittsburgh, Dallas, New Orleans who give out big deals to players who dont deserve it.
News is of a $123M or more cap, which would put us at $657k over the cap now.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Bump.

Brooks had his salary decreased from $4.3M to $2.7M, due to low sack totals.

Brown had a $2M increase to $2.925M, likely based on Playing Time, stats, and such.

Whitner had a $100K increase for pro bowl selection to $3.85M

Paraag is amazing. Great job as well AB.

How do these escalators/descalators figure into the cap? Did Brooks 4.3m count against the cap this year, and the difference goes to next year? And vice-versa?

Also, would cutting Rogers this year be pointless, since he has so much money owed to him?

Originally posted by mtminer:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Bump.

Brooks had his salary decreased from $4.3M to $2.7M, due to low sack totals.

Brown had a $2M increase to $2.925M, likely based on Playing Time, stats, and such.

Whitner had a $100K increase for pro bowl selection to $3.85M

Paraag is amazing. Great job as well AB.

How do these escalators/descalators figure into the cap? Did Brooks 4.3m count against the cap this year, and the difference goes to next year? And vice-versa?

Also, would cutting Rogers this year be pointless, since he has so much money owed to him?

Already figured in. With a $123m cap, we are only $657k over the cap.

Not the best idea. But could happen, only 1.1m saved.
Does anyone know why the webzone just made a post that after the AS trade we only need to make 2 more moves to get under the cap? Didn't we just get 6 million under the cap with the AS trade?
Originally posted by bigwads:
Does anyone know why the webzone just made a post that after the AS trade we only need to make 2 more moves to get under the cap? Didn't we just get 6 million under the cap with the AS trade?

Trade wont be official until March 12th, but all teams need to be in compliance with the cap before new league year begins. We need to do something before March 12th to get under then we will be ready.
Hey AB, how much spending money do we have? Would we have enough to make a trade for a high profile Corner?

What about signing one? Im just wondering because I'm meeting Brian Murphy tomorrow in my Journalism class, so I wanna make sure my facts are straight before I talk with him. Thanks.
Trade wont be official until March 12th, but all teams need to be in compliance with the cap before new league year begins. We need to do something before March 12th to get under then we will be ready.

aahhhh....thanks AB.
Share 49ersWebzone