Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
AB,

Out of curiosity, how would next years cap be affected if we cut J. Jennings, A. Franklin, A. Smith, and V. Davis? Thanks in advance.

right now, we have about 30M before those cuts.

Jonas- $3M Savings
Alex- $1.23M Savings
Franklin- $2M Savings
V.Davis- $1.44M After JUne 1st, cap hit before june 1st

and for another guy, TBC, it would be $1.25M Savings

A total cap number of 38.92 million if we dumped those guy's isn't bad. Thanks.

Another question:

Is the 30 mil that we have already counting the 7 mil carry over from that bogus Strickland incentive deal, or is it 37 mil once he doesn't reach the incentives?

no, it includes Strickland's 7M Phony Clause, but i guess we may have more than 7M.

Thanks for the quick response! Alot of people don't agree with me but I think that cutting the 4 players I listed, and even TBC as you stated would free up enough money to make some necessary moves.

With 40 million (30 million after rookie pool allocation) I think we could bring in a veteran QB as the starter (move Hill and O' Sullivan down the depth chart), the get a stud NT (maybe make a run at Haynesworth), OT, a true FB, and CB. Then we could use Bajema, and Walker as TE. I love the potential that Vernon brings to the table, but I just don't know if he'll ever pan out to be worth what we are paying him. Maybe if we had a coordinator that could get the ball in his hands instead of constantly using him to block he would be alright, but I don't know.

hey, no prob man, not everyone here agree's with me, but i dont sweat about it, so dont worry man, i like your posts, your very insightful, and i maynot always agree, but there is one thing we agree on, our love for the 49ers, and thats all that matters.

Anyway, i agree with the cutting of those guys, maybe not as much on Vernon, but still, i wouldnt be upset if we cut them all, including TBC.

Thanks again. No doubt about the love for the team. It's almost like an obsession.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

[ Edited by P-52ENFORCER on Nov 27, 2008 at 04:12:07 ]
well at least it's not that bad.
Updated, included 2009 Off-Season Rankings for FA and Draft.
Updated, included 2009 Off-Season Rankings for FA and Draft.

Thanks J...

why does strickland make 7 mill?? especially considering the fact hes a 4th string cb...cut him!
Originally posted by JToBummivan:
why does strickland make 7 mill?? especially considering the fact hes a 4th string cb...cut him!

It was all based on incentives..He doesn't make that much, unless he blocks something like 15 punts.
Originally posted by KBarlow32:
Originally posted by JToBummivan:

It was all based on incentives..He doesn't make that much, unless he blocks something like 15 punts.

he isnt making 7 mil!!! its just a loop hope that the 49ers is using to get salary cap credit for next year!!! i dont even think he is making $500k
i know its highly unlikely, but what an addition brian dawkins would be to any defense especially ours, great leader and seems to always make plays and cause turnovers. he sure loves philly though and i cant see them lettin him go or him playin in any other uniform
First. Great info. Thanks.

Second. I smell a big offseason this year. Especially since Coach Singletary has now made it clear he's looking to upgrade at QB.
  • jefferoniandchee
  • Info N/A
oh man, Jordan Gross as a FA, mmmm...........nice work AB, great stuff

• oldninerfan
  • Info N/A
Interesting comparison of Jordan Gross and another tackle before they were drafted..
http://car.scout.com/2/106210.html
Originally posted by oldninerfan:
Interesting comparison of Jordan Gross and another tackle before they were drafted..

I would say the Panthers made the right choice.
  • tagliabue
  • Info N/A
How much would likely be taken up from draft picks?
Originally posted by Niner4Life:

I would say the Panthers made the right choice.

so frustrating.

I guess it was pretty much luck, They said Harris was suppose to be better. Oh well.
Share 49ersWebzone