There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 49ers Salaries, As of 9/8/14, The 49ers are $5,025,814 under the '14 Cap

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
MAN!!!! & i thought after redoing Ray's contract cutting all these players like Spillman Snyder & so on we were above 10 Mill for the year, where did all that money go all of a sudden???? the small details of a salary cap are sure confusing.


Here is the answer AB gave in another thread:
"It's due to the entire roster counting, and NFI, PUP, and IR."

So the 10 mil before (without Boone) was just the top 51 guys and didn't include NFL, PUP and IR. So if you look below that adds up quickly:

Injured Reserve
Kendall Hunter $754,805
Fouimalo Fonoti $304,666
Chuck Jacobs $303,000

PUP
NaVorro Bowman $4,434,000
Garrett Celek $572,000
Kaleb Ramsey $432,050

Non-Football Injury
Brandon Thomas $546,504
Marcus Lattimore $495,146
Keith Reaser $461,200
Trey Millard $431,787
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
MAN!!!! & i thought after redoing Ray's contract cutting all these players like Spillman Snyder & so on we were above 10 Mill for the year, where did all that money go all of a sudden???? the small details of a salary cap are sure confusing.


Here is the answer AB gave in another thread:
"It's due to the entire roster counting, and NFI, PUP, and IR."

So the 10 mil before (without Boone) was just the top 51 guys and didn't include NFL, PUP and IR. So if you look below that adds up quickly:

Injured Reserve
Kendall Hunter $754,805
Fouimalo Fonoti $304,666
Chuck Jacobs $303,000


PUP
NaVorro Bowman $4,434,000
Garrett Celek $572,000
Kaleb Ramsey $432,050


Non-Football Injury
Brandon Thomas $546,504
Marcus Lattimore $495,146
Keith Reaser $461,200
Trey Millard $431,787

Ahh i see now well thanks for the clarification Gire 21

The should just get rid of these players to make some more cap room. Wonder if they are close to extending Crabs how much if any money is left. Seems like a tight squeeze to try fitting his salary and even trying to extend that goon Boone as well
Next year, Stevie's salary is going to have to take a hit. $6m for a back up receiver? It will interesting to see what happens with Frank, too.
Originally posted by ninergold:
Next year, Stevie's salary is going to have to take a hit. $6m for a back up receiver? It will interesting to see what happens with Frank, too.

Yeah he will likely have to restructure or get cut because I don't think we will pay him 6.025 and 6.125 the year after. He would have to pay really well and even then probably would mean no Crabtree to justify 6 mil. I think Crabtree is back so I hope Johnson restructures for those 2 years and takes 3-4 mil per to stay on a winning team. As for Frank I could see needing him back hopefully he takes a friendly deal for 1 year 2-3 mil. I could see him going to sign with someone else for 2-3 years at like 3-5 per.


Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Ahh i see now well thanks for the clarification Gire 21

The should just get rid of these players to make some more cap room. Wonder if they are close to extending Crabs how much if any money is left. Seems like a tight squeeze to try fitting his salary and even trying to extend that goon Boone as well

Yeah 300-500k is a lot to pay someone who wont play for half the year or the whole year. It's pretty much them banking that these guys will be worth keeping around and could compete for a job next year. Some times there are injuries settlements anyways so you are paying them half or whatever upfront anyways.
Wow. Dammit. I thought we had a lot of money to extend Crabtree. s**t
Originally posted by elguapo:
Wow. Dammit. I thought we had a lot of money to extend Crabtree. s**t

Yeah. What happened? Two days ago I read we have 9mm and that was before we had RayMac restructure.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Yeah he will likely have to restructure or get cut because I don't think we will pay him 6.025 and 6.125 the year after. He would have to pay really well and even then probably would mean no Crabtree to justify 6 mil. I think Crabtree is back so I hope Johnson restructures for those 2 years and takes 3-4 mil per to stay on a winning team. As for Frank I could see needing him back hopefully he takes a friendly deal for 1 year 2-3 mil. I could see him going to sign with someone else for 2-3 years at like 3-5 per.


I would love to have Gore back at 1-2 year deal. IMHO, if both can't come to terms, I think he hangs them up unless he can play on a contender. I don't see him trying to maximize his $ on a middling, almost-there playoff team. If this is Gore's swan song, hopefully, we can send him out in style because his definitely one of the underrated and underappreciated RBs , let alone NFL players in the league.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Wow. Dammit. I thought we had a lot of money to extend Crabtree. s**t

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Yeah. What happened? Two days ago I read we have 9mm and that was before we had RayMac restructure.

First post on this page explains it.
AB, now that you have Boone's numbers for the 2 years,do you have an idea where we are at with the team cap space?
[ Edited by NCommand on Sep 3, 2014 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by NCommand:
AB, now that you have Boone's numbers for the 2 years,do you have an idea where we are at with the team cap space?

$3.097M under right now.
Originally posted by NCommand:
AB, now that you have Boone's numbers for the 2 years,do you have an idea where we are at with the team cap space?

$3.097M under right now.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by NCommand:
AB, now that you have Boone's numbers for the 2 years,do you have an idea where we are at with the team cap space?

$3.097M under right now.

Thanks, my man!
So 2015 salaries are looking with 9mil+ over...any quick tidbits on how that might play out? Obviously WAY early on but just curious what some initial thoughts are.
Originally posted by Giants9ersfan:
So 2015 salaries are looking with 9mil+ over...any quick tidbits on how that might play out? Obviously WAY early on but just curious what some initial thoughts are.

Dahl saves like $1.7M with a cut.

Kap will restructure, and save between $9M and $11M, depending on if he hits the incentives.

Aldon won't play under a $9.754M number, so that must be reduced

McDonald has a high cap figure, he could be a June 1st cut.
According to Maiocco's latest article, we were $4.19M under the cap, but the NFLPA didn't have Kassim Osgood's terms in, which is 1yr $570K under the minimum salary benefit, so we should be $3.62M under the cap, so I am off a little on my number. Not sure where, but not bad I suppose.