LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I have a feeling that a lot of our guys will restructure deals, and take less money to comeback just to field a better team so that we can beat Seattle and win us a Super Bowl. I could be wrong but I have a feeling that guys on this team want it more so than the money right now. I would even like us to bring Dixon back on a one year deal just because he is versatile and brings energy. On the same hand a guy like Dixon will have no better chance than now to get paid more than he's worth, so I bet he leaves, gets paid, gets cut and comes back to SF.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
AB, do you know what Seattle's cap situation is looking like for the next few years? Off the top of my head, I know that Sherman, Chancellor, and Wilson are due for an extension. Also, how can they keep Avril (he's gonna demand a huge contract) and Harvin's huge contract and also pay the other players?
Originally posted by obx49:
AB, do you know what Seattle's cap situation is looking like for the next few years? Off the top of my head, I know that Sherman, Chancellor, and Wilson are due for an extension. Also, how can they keep Avril (he's gonna demand a huge contract) and Harvin's huge contract and also pay the other players?

Avril could have been MVP also. That T for Denver was being destroyed by him. Avril signed a 2 year contract at the beginning of the season. Kam also signed an extension for 5 years.
Key FA's for them after the 2014 season is Sherman and Thomas. Wilson still has 2 more years on his 4 year contract.

I have friends who are Seahawks fans so they keep me updated on my enemy. lol
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

Avril could have been MVP also. That T for Denver was being destroyed by him. Avril signed a 2 year contract at the beginning of the season. Kam also signed an extension for 5 years.
Key FA's for them after the 2014 season is Sherman and Thomas. Wilson still has 2 more years on his 4 year contract.

I have friends who are Seahawks fans so they keep me updated on my enemy. lol

Sorry I meant Earl Thomas not Kam, but thanks for the info. Even though I hate them, I want to see them competitive. I love the rivalry!

Hopefully AB can confirm, but I've seen they're around $2 M under as it stands now with 45 guys under contract for 2014. I also believe they could save $20 M by cutting Sidney Rice, Chris Clemons, and Zach Miller.

Their key free agents are Michael Bennett, Golden Tate, Walter Thurmond, Breno Giacomini, Clinton McDonald, Tony McDaniel, Steven Hauschka, and Doug Baldwin.
GOOD UPDATE I THINK THIS SHOULD BE A NEW THREAD THO
[ Edited by lamontb on Feb 3, 2014 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
I have a feeling that a lot of our guys will restructure deals, and take less money to comeback just to field a better team so that we can beat Seattle and win us a Super Bowl. I could be wrong but I have a feeling that guys on this team want it more so than the money right now. I would even like us to bring Dixon back on a one year deal just because he is versatile and brings energy. On the same hand a guy like Dixon will have no better chance than now to get paid more than he's worth, so I bet he leaves, gets paid, gets cut and comes back to SF.

I also believe our guys will restructure, and get some extensions, like Willis, Vernon, and maybe McDonald.

Dixon would be nice to be back, but idk if it happens. LMJ would need to be traded for them to consider bringing Dixon back.

Right now they are a projected $2M under a $126.3M cap, according to OverTheCap.com. The cap may be as high as $128M when they set it in March.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

Hopefully AB can confirm, but I've seen they're around $2 M under as it stands now with 45 guys under contract for 2014. I also believe they could save $20 M by cutting Sidney Rice, Chris Clemons, and Zach Miller.

Their key free agents are Michael Bennett, Golden Tate, Walter Thurmond, Breno Giacomini, Clinton McDonald, Tony McDaniel, Steven Hauschka, and Doug Baldwin.

Yes, it's around $2M under. But they can save $7M on Rice, and like $5M on Miller. Not sure on Clemons. I'll check that out. OverTheCap.com has a really good information on dead money and cap savings.

I believe Baldwin is a RFA, so they will need to tender him high, or else someone will snag him up. The $1.389M is Original Round Tender, which for him is no compensation. Since he was a UDFA.

Bennett, Thurmond, and Tate should be their priorities IMO. Hauschka should be an easy signing. They are gonna be hurting for cap room in a few years. Wilson, Sherman, and Earl Thomas all need/want new deals. Wilson may break the bank. They may be lucky that he didn't win MVP, or else it would of skyrocketed, maybe more than Flacco. Even though Wilson, IMO, is a good QB, not elite yet.
Originally posted by ManBearPig99:
AB: With a player like Gore, what do you think they will ask him to take. Will they use SJax's contract as a basis for the restructure. I think that is $4 million bonus, $2 million base 1st year, 3 year contract.

Chris

I think he will restructure. Probably add 1-2 years onto his deal. Probably around a $3M signing bonus. Something in range where it wont hurt if he is cut due to age. Or voidable year.

isn't wilson not allowed to renegotiate contract until his third year? maybe im wrong
Originally posted by lucky_49:
isn't wilson not allowed to renegotiate contract until his third year? maybe im wrong

correct. Not until after 2014.
But can't Sherman and Thomas ask for new deals this off season?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
But can't Sherman and Thomas ask for new deals this off season?

Yes they can. Sherman was a 2011 pick, and Thomas was a 2010 pick, under the old CBA, so he could of been extended at anytime.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
LOL, AB is so damn good pretty soon folks from other teams are going to be asking him about their cap situation. Just remember we had him first, ya damn vultures.
Share 49ersWebzone