LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/11/2014-cap-is-projected-to-be-126-3-million/

Just a heads up. I saw if differed from your 2014 projected cap.
Quick question to the salary cap guru. Does the coach's salary count on the salary cap? Im thinking no, but not too sure about it. Thank you in advance.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Quick question to the salary cap guru. Does the coach's salary count on the salary cap? Im thinking no, but not too sure about it. Thank you in advance.

No coaches salaries don't count against the cap, it's only for players.

Originally posted by mtminer:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/12/11/2014-cap-is-projected-to-be-126-3-million/

Just a heads up. I saw if differed from your 2014 projected cap.

PFT has a report now saying could exceed $127.5M, but I was told by a source it could rise to $128M.
Hopefully we can keep most of this squad together.. when this season is over most of our Db's, wide recievers, with a few big names becoming free agents... Kaep's, Aldon Smith ,offensive line extensions will also be looming... what are ur thoughts??? NINERS office / GMs / owner needs to come up with some deals.... any updates ive missed
I think its very important to keep most of our main contributors .. Boldin .need some good deals . To keep us contenders and a winning team.
Originally posted by okieniner:
Hopefully we can keep most of this squad together.. when this season is over most of our Db's, wide recievers, with a few big names becoming free agents... Kaep's, Aldon Smith ,offensive line extensions will also be looming... what are ur thoughts??? NINERS office / GMs / owner needs to come up with some deals.... any updates ive missed

I think its very important to keep most of our main contributors .. Boldin .need some good deals . To keep us contenders and a winning team.

I view the offseason similar to this happening.

Re-sign Boldin
Re-sign Dawson
Re-sign Whitner
Re-Sign Wilhoite
Re-Sign Osgood
Re-Sign Wright

Extend/Redo Vernon
Extend/Redo Willis
Extend/Redo Gore

Extend Aldon
Extend Miller

Possibly extend Dorsey, Kap, and maybe Culliver. Hope on Crabs getting extended.

Let Brown walk
Let Goodwin walk
Let Dobbs walk
Let Dixon walk
Let McCoy walk

Cut Rogers

Potentially cut Dahl and Snyder later in camp.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

I view the offseason similar to this happening.

Re-sign Boldin
Re-sign Dawson
Re-sign Whitner
Re-Sign Wilhoite
Re-Sign Osgood
Re-Sign Wright

Extend/Redo Vernon
Extend/Redo Willis
Extend/Redo Gore

Extend Aldon
Extend Miller

Possibly extend Dorsey, Kap, and maybe Culliver. Hope on Crabs getting extended.

Let Brown walk
Let Goodwin walk
Let Dobbs walk
Let Dixon walk
Let McCoy walk

Cut Rogers

Potentially cut Dahl and Snyder later in camp.

Make Rodgers take a pay cut and not cut him.
As dependable as Gore has been, he'll be 31 next year and he's had a long productive career. Outside of a few rare exceptions, running back production tend to fall off a cliff past 30, especially for well used RBs, so I think it's time to draft a stud replacement vs. thinking about extending him beyond 2014.
Originally posted by stimpy:
As dependable as Gore has been, he'll be 31 next year and he's had a long productive career. Outside of a few rare exceptions, running back production tend to fall off a cliff past 30, especially for well used RBs, so I think it's time to draft a stud replacement vs. thinking about extending him beyond 2014.

Good idea....lets draft a RB.....its not like we have been taking one for 4 years straight assuming that Gore would eventually need to be replaced.

Wait....

Dixon, Hunter, James, Lattimore. OOOOOHHHH. THATS's why they took those guys.

Sorry....my wisea$$ setting is on full blast today.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

They already asked him to do that this past year. He said no.

Hard to get excited about any of those four as a feature back. But the main point of extending Gore at 32, 33 years old might be something to think real hard about before doing.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:

You can't "make" him do anything. If he doesn't want to do, then that's his prerogative. The downside is if they cut him, that's still going to leave a few million in dead money to count against the cap.

They already did.

Hard to get excited about any of those four as a feature back. But the main point of extending Gore at 32, 33 years old might be something to think real hard about before doing.

I disagree with your first part. I could see Kendall Hunter as a feature RB. Granted hes not as good as Gore but its not like its going to be easy to find someone who is. I think Hunter & LMJ would be a decent 1-2 punch. Kendall Hunter hasn't looked as good but I think that is in part to the type of plays Roman calls for Hunter. Hunter gets a lot of pitches and sweeps to the outside which typically end up either being very good or very bad.

And I think lattimore can be better than Hunter. The player im not excited about is LMJ. Think if he wasn't so well known for his college career niner fans would think differently of him.

Finally, I just cant see the team cutting Gore, even if it makes the most football/business sense to do so. Thoughts?
Originally posted by cory4903:
Finally, I just cant see the team cutting Gore, even if it makes the most football/business sense to do so. Thoughts?

I'm not suggesting Gore gets cut. Let next year play out and see how much gas he has left in the tank as he has another year on his contract. I was responding to AB81Rules who suggested his contract gets redone/extended this offseason and I don't think that makes any sense to do, especially since he has another year to go. Worst thing a team can do is be sentimental and hang onto aging stars; this is a young man's game and especially so at the RB position.
Share 49ersWebzone