There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 49ers Salaries, As of 9/8/14, The 49ers are $4.011M under the '14 Cap

Originally posted by stimpy:
Originally posted by cory4903:
Finally, I just cant see the team cutting Gore, even if it makes the most football/business sense to do so. Thoughts?

I'm not suggesting Gore gets cut. Let next year play out and see how much gas he has left in the tank as he has another year on his contract. I was responding to AB81Rules who suggested his contract gets redone/extended this offseason and I don't think that makes any sense to do, especially since he has another year to go. Worst thing a team can do is be sentimental and hang onto aging stars; this is a young man's game and especially so at the RB position.

I don't think it's sentimental when Gore is still very very productive, and Lattimore is coming off a serious knee injury. And Hunter isn't the same as he was pre-Achilles injury. James is nothing more than a Sproles wannabe.

I wouldn't draft a back in high rounds at all. You can find backs in late rounds that work out for you. Lattimore had 1st round potential, fell due to the ACL injury. I dont see how it's bad to give Gore a 1yr extension. He helps the team by lowering his base salary, and gets an upfront signing bonus, something he has earned IMO. I would hate for Gore to be let go, and sign somewhere else, and lead a team to a super bowl. Gore is a 49ers to the bone. He is in my top 10 all time 49ers. Steal for a 3rd rounder, who many said was a bust when drafted.

Plus we have more pressing needs than adding an early round back. CB(Rogers makes too much, and Brown wants too much), SS(Even if Whitner stays), WR(Boldin re-signs, still need depth and youth, and Mario likely gone), C(Goodwin is a goner), QB(2nd QB), and OT/OG Depth(Snyder is a good swing OL, but we need some youth, not saying for the rook to be on 46 man roster, would keep Snyder for another year).
Originally posted by stimpy:
As dependable as Gore has been, he'll be 31 next year and he's had a long productive career. Outside of a few rare exceptions, running back production tend to fall off a cliff past 30, especially for well used RBs, so I think it's time to draft a stud replacement vs. thinking about extending him beyond 2014.

They would extend someone like Gore to give him more stability and guaranteed money while at the same time helping out the immediate cap situation. Not because you actually expect him to play out the contract. His cap number would be reduced next year in exchange for guaranteed money. Plus the guy is no normal 30 year old back, he could play at a high level for another two seasons, easily.

Same thing for Davis and Willis, who are both already under contract for two and three more years after this season and don't really need an extension to keep them around, it would be a cap move mostly.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by stimpy:
As dependable as Gore has been, he'll be 31 next year and he's had a long productive career. Outside of a few rare exceptions, running back production tend to fall off a cliff past 30, especially for well used RBs, so I think it's time to draft a stud replacement vs. thinking about extending him beyond 2014.

They would extend someone like Gore to give him more stability and guaranteed money while at the same time helping out the immediate cap situation. Not because you actually expect him to play out the contract. His cap number would be reduced next year in exchange for guaranteed money. Plus the guy is no normal 30 year old back, he could play at a high level for another two seasons, easily.

Same thing for Davis and Willis, who are both already under contract for two and three more years after this season and don't really need an extension to keep them around, it would be a cap move mostly.

This ^^^ As for VD and Willis, I just want to see them extended. Vernon and Boldin have been our passing offense, and Gore our run attack. Need to keep them for a few more years.
I would work to extend Crabs and forget the two guards unless they take a team friendly deal.

We need to extend our playmakers Crabs, Kaep, and Aldon
Crabs is all about the money.
No players who were selected to the pro bowl have pro bowl incentives.

Also have the 2014 page updated: Under by $8,756,308 with a $128M cap.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
No players who were selected to the pro bowl have pro bowl incentives.

Also have the 2014 page updated: Under by $8,756,308 with a $128M cap.

Not bad considering that's before we make people takes cuts or release them. Does that 8.7 number include the two million roll over we get from this year?
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
No players who were selected to the pro bowl have pro bowl incentives.

Also have the 2014 page updated: Under by $8,756,308 with a $128M cap.

Not bad considering that's before we make people takes cuts or release them. Does that 8.7 number include the two million roll over we get from this year?

Nope. We should have around $2M rollover, so most likely $10.7M to start, then restructures, and such will happen.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
No players who were selected to the pro bowl have pro bowl incentives.

Also have the 2014 page updated: Under by $8,756,308 with a $128M cap.

Not bad considering that's before we make people takes cuts or release them. Does that 8.7 number include the two million roll over we get from this year?

Nope. We should have around $2M rollover, so most likely $10.7M to start, then restructures, and such will happen.

always good work AB Im hoping Rogers is gone to free up cap
Crabtree > Iupati
After Carlos, the next two guys that stick out are Dahl and Baldwin.
Originally posted by ninergold:
After Carlos, the next two guys that stick out are Dahl and Baldwin.

Agreed. Dahl saves like $1.5M, and Baldwin $1.3M
What's the situation with Patrick Willis... not that we should or would, but out of curiousity, how much could the 49ers save by cutting him? And also Andy Lee?
[ Edited by dhp318 on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:17 PM ]
Please is this stats an annual thing or a monthly statisitcs of their salaries.
  • IEAD
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 779
Originally posted by dhp318:
What's the situation with Patrick Willis... not that we should or would, but out of curiousity, how much could the 49ers save by cutting him? And also Andy Lee?

Boo this man!!!