LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Also, I haven't updated NCH today with new numbers, just need to copy and paste that now.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Also, I haven't updated NCH today with new numbers, just need to copy and paste that now.

AB based off early projections, any idea what kind of cap situation we are going into next offseason currently?
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

AB based off early projections, any idea what kind of cap situation we are going into next offseason currently?

Right now $5.8M, plus we can carryover $4.5M or more depending on cuts, plus redo of Gore and Rogers or cut Rogers. Doubt we cut Gore. So we can easily have $20M to extend guys like Crabs, Iupati, Aldon, Kap, Cully, Dawson, McCoy,Boldin, Mario or Kyle Williams or both. I doubt all of the extensions for guys under contract. Aldon is here through 2015 with the option. Plus 2015 offseason, we have other FAs, Kilgore, Bruce MIller, Jennings, etc... So we could wait till then to extend Aldon. But extend Iupati and Kap first, then keep the FAs to be in 2014 offseason.

We will be fine, all this talk of problems with the cap wont happen, the FO has it set up fine.
Thanks, AB. At some point, I would hope some of the younger guys start making the 53 and replace some of the more expensive back ups. We have some pretty pricey back up vets in our secondary now.
Right now $5.8M, plus we can carryover $4.5M or more depending on cuts, plus redo of Gore and Rogers or cut Rogers. Doubt we cut Gore. So we can easily have $20M to extend guys like Crabs, Iupati, Aldon, Kap, Cully, Dawson, McCoy,Boldin, Mario or Kyle Williams or both. I doubt all of the extensions for guys under contract. Aldon is here through 2015 with the option. Plus 2015 offseason, we have other FAs, Kilgore, Bruce MIller, Jennings, etc... So we could wait till then to extend Aldon. But extend Iupati and Kap first, then keep the FAs to be in 2014 offseason.

We will be fine, all this talk of problems with the cap wont happen, the FO has it set up fine.

Thank you AB, you are a genius of their craft.
AB, I posted this in the, 'I Love Iupati', thread but don't know if you saw it - seeking your honest opinion/thoughts:

I'm curious what AB honestly thinks the 49ers can do? The way we're set up now, can we definitely keep more of our key core players - will we have enough space to sign long-term Iupati, Kap, Crabtree, Aldon Smith, and Crabtree? Some beat writers don't think so (especially Maiocco)...they think Crabtree is probably gone. If I had to pick three of these four, I'd say extend Iupati, Kap, and A. Smith. However, if we could somehow figure out how to keep Crabtree (assuming he fully recovers from his injury)...he was really starting to become a top-of-the-line WR but more than that, he really fits into what we do (blocks well), is clutch when we need a big third down converted, and has really built up chemistry with Kap.

(You may have just answered this a few posts ago, I see...)
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Jul 21, 2013 at 10:47 PM ]
Originally posted by LottDMontanaO:
AB, I posted this in the, 'I Love Iupati', thread but don't know if you saw it - seeking your honest opinion/thoughts:

I'm curious what AB honestly thinks the 49ers can do? The way we're set up now, can we definitely keep more of our key core players - will we have enough space to sign long-term Iupati, Kap, Crabtree, Aldon Smith, and Crabtree? Some beat writers don't think so (especially Maiocco)...they think Crabtree is probably gone. If I had to pick three of these four, I'd say extend Iupati, Kap, and A. Smith. However, if we could somehow figure out how to keep Crabtree (assuming he fully recovers from his injury)...he was really starting to become a top-of-the-line WR but more than that, he really fits into what we do (blocks well), is clutch when we need a big third down converted, and has really built up chemistry with Kap.

I think we can keep all 4, might have to ask Brooks to take pay cut, and cut ties with Rogers, and let Brown go, but in process acquire CBs thru the draft, and a new SS. But yeah it's possible.

No disrespect to Maiocco, but he doesn't know the cap like I do. Structure is key.

I think we can keep all 4, might have to ask Brooks to take pay cut, and cut ties with Rogers, and let Brown go, but in process acquire CBs thru the draft, and a new SS. But yeah it's possible.

No disrespect to Maiocco, but he doesn't know the cap like I do. Structure is key.

Thanks, AB. Your work is much appreciated and respected. I know you get a lot of these types of questions...it's because you put the time in to really understand this cap stuff and where the Niners are in relation. Regarding Maiocco, he does a good job covering the team but is a little bit of a "Debbie Downer" at times (no disrespect). I'll never forget when Harbaugh was narrowing down his decision on where to coach before he chose the 49ers...Maiocco said our chances were not the best and he put Michigan, Miami, and even returning to Stanford as options ahead of choosing the 49ers. This year, Maiocco's constant theme has been him saying there will be a clear drop off for our D with Goldson gone - I'm looking forward to the D proving him wrong as Goldson was good but definitely replaceable (especially at the salary he got...he can hit, but he also missed a lot of tackles, took bad angles, took bonehead penalties, and was really exposed in coverage down the stretch and in the playoffs when our pass rush wasn't at its best - wasn't all Whitner's fault back there).
Thanks, AB. Your work is much appreciated and respected. I know you get a lot of these types of questions...it's because you put the time in to really understand this cap stuff and where the Niners are in relation. Regarding Maiocco, he does a good job covering the team but is a little bit of a "Debbie Downer" at times (no disrespect). I'll never forget when Harbaugh was narrowing down his decision on where to coach before he chose the 49ers...Maiocco said our chances were not the best and he put Michigan, Miami, and even returning to Stanford as options ahead of choosing the 49ers. This year, Maiocco's constant theme has been him saying there will be a clear drop off for our D with Goldson gone - I'm looking forward to the D proving him wrong as Goldson was good but definitely replaceable (especially at the salary he got...he can hit, but he also missed a lot of tackles, took bad angles, took bonehead penalties, and was really exposed in coverage down the stretch and in the playoffs when our pass rush wasn't at its best - wasn't all Whitner's fault back there).

Maiocco also said it was impossible to retain Willis and extend Bowman. I said otherwise. I am fighting for respect outside the Niner Faithful. I get no respect on others medias. I have tried to get a write up, but no one will go for it. I tried podcast, no luck. I mean the guy at OTC gets a podcast with PFF, and I cant, he had a 2hr on a brief outlook, I could do that on just the 49ers, and opinions, answer questions from the 49ers fans.

Even MadDogg got a piece at SacBee,com for draft analysis, but they probably would say no also. I can't even get Maiocco or Barrows to follow me. And I am Facebook friends with Maiocco. It sucks. I try and try to bring the best and most accurate info out there, and basically am treated like a fraud.

Maiocco also said it was impossible to retain Willis and extend Bowman. I said otherwise. I am fighting for respect outside the Niner Faithful. I get no respect on others medias. I have tried to get a write up, but no one will go for it. I tried podcast, no luck. I mean the guy at OTC gets a podcast with PFF, and I cant, he had a 2hr on a brief outlook, I could do that on just the 49ers, and opinions, answer questions from the 49ers fans.

Even MadDogg got a piece at SacBee,com for draft analysis, but they probably would say no also. I can't even get Maiocco or Barrows to follow me. And I am Facebook friends with Maiocco. It sucks. I try and try to bring the best and most accurate info out there, and basically am treated like a fraud.

Just keep working hard, eventually something positive will happen. Your hard work is much appreciated around here, that's for sure.

For some reason, this post makes me warm inside.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
question

all the random dudes in camp listed at $405,000 that won't be on the team

how much do they actually get just for being in camp?
Originally posted by SoCold:
question

all the random dudes in camp listed at $405,000 that won't be on the team

how much do they actually get just for being in camp?

That is an unknown, the team pays for room and board for all players, so they do get money, plus food is free I believe. Some already got signing bonuses, but others didnt.

Well, you're the only source that I, and many others, rely on for accurate cap reporting, which is an essential aspect of understanding an NFL team's present situation and prospects for the future. Any interest in actually working for a front office? I mean, there are now classes taught in universities about the salary cap - it's a highly specialized skill that you possess.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Well, you're the only source that I, and many others, rely on for accurate cap reporting, which is an essential aspect of understanding an NFL team's present situation and prospects for the future. Any interest in actually working for a front office? I mean, there are now classes taught in universities about the salary cap - it's a highly specialized skill that you possess.

I would love that, but I kinda want to do it for a website that will allow me to still use info to publish, I dont wanna give up NCH or PigskinProspects.com. I enjoy giving the info out for free.

I am helping a site, based n fantasy football like game, http://www.powerhousegm.com/ and provide cap figures for all 32 teams, and everyone on their team. You can join for free, but its also 99.00 for a full membership, we are working on new stuff. He(Chris) has about a dozen paid members. I do it for free for now, thats what I hope to do as a living, and go back to school for web design.
Share 49ersWebzone