There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2014 49ers Salaries, As of 9/8/14, The 49ers are $4.011M under the '14 Cap

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
2013 page is updated. Some new info, Alex's deal no longer has his incentives and workout bonus, they must of did a quiet redo to help cap wise for both us and KC.

We are now under the cap by $1,642,425

Alex will save us $8.5m, and Akers $3m, with the current cap room we will have around $13,142,425 in cap room, without any redos or releases of say Goodwin, Haralson, Whitner, or redo of J.Smith.
Kind of surprising it's been all quiet on that front.

It is for sure. I am surprised we have heard nothing of Haralson or a redo and extension for Smith.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
2013 page is updated. Some new info, Alex's deal no longer has his incentives and workout bonus, they must of did a quiet redo to help cap wise for both us and KC.

We are now under the cap by $1,642,425

Alex will save us $8.5m, and Akers $3m, with the current cap room we will have around $13,142,425 in cap room, without any redos or releases of say Goodwin, Haralson, Whitner, or redo of J.Smith.
Kind of surprising it's been all quiet on that front.

It is for sure. I am surprised we have heard nothing of Haralson or a redo and extension for Smith.
I can see Haralson getting cut closer to free agency if he's healthy. If we don't have a big cap mess with Whitner, I'd be fine with letting him go too. If they are willing to let Goldson test the free market and potentially leave, I'm ok with letting a SS who's a liability in coverage leave as well. As for Goodwin, letting him go wouldn't not be a good move. The OL was a strength last season so why break that up?
Originally posted by sacguy08:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
2013 page is updated. Some new info, Alex's deal no longer has his incentives and workout bonus, they must of did a quiet redo to help cap wise for both us and KC.

We are now under the cap by $1,642,425

Alex will save us $8.5m, and Akers $3m, with the current cap room we will have around $13,142,425 in cap room, without any redos or releases of say Goodwin, Haralson, Whitner, or redo of J.Smith.
Kind of surprising it's been all quiet on that front.

It is for sure. I am surprised we have heard nothing of Haralson or a redo and extension for Smith.
I can see Haralson getting cut closer to free agency if he's healthy. If we don't have a big cap mess with Whitner, I'd be fine with letting him go too. If they are willing to let Goldson test the free market and potentially leave, I'm ok with letting a SS who's a liability in coverage leave as well. As for Goodwin, letting him go wouldn't not be a good move. The OL was a strength last season so why break that up?

My ideal offseason signing wise is below.

Extend Justin Smith and Jonathan Goodwin (I agree with your OL points, plus it keeps the stability for a few more seasons).
Cut ties with Akers, Haralson, Alex(Traded already basically to KC).

We could have between $13 and $16M to work with just between the cuts, add in an extra $5M for extensions we did, we could easily replace Goldson if need be, or keep him around. I feel Delanie Walker will be priority #2 behind Goldson. We could easily manage getting draftees signed, keep Goldson, Walker and sign a DT who can play DE for the 16M, then use the restructured money on draft class.
AB, what are the cap implications of cutting Whitner? Why is this not talked about more? We might lose one of the best all-around safeties in the game because he wants $8M a year, but we keep the worst coverage safety in the NFL? Isn't his cap number $5M?
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
AB, what are the cap implications of cutting Whitner? Why is this not talked about more? We might lose one of the best all-around safeties in the game because he wants $8M a year, but we keep the worst coverage safety in the NFL? Isn't his cap number $5M?

$4.1M saved with cutting Whitner.
What happens with Manningham's cap situation with the injury? With a torn ACL and PCL he's probably out all of next year right?
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
2013 page is updated. Some new info, Alex's deal no longer has his incentives and workout bonus, they must of did a quiet redo to help cap wise for both us and KC.

We are now under the cap by $1,642,425

Alex will save us $8.5m, and Akers $3m, with the current cap room we will have around $13,142,425 in cap room, without any redos or releases of say Goodwin, Haralson, Whitner, or redo of J.Smith.
Kind of surprising it's been all quiet on that front.

It is for sure. I am surprised we have heard nothing of Haralson or a redo and extension for Smith.

That one puzzles me as well so we can lower his cap hit for this upcoming season like you've pointed out numerous times AB.

AB I have a question about Tarell Brown. Assuming the cap rises only another 2-3 mil for 2014. What are our odds of squeezing out a long term deal for Tarell Brown?
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM ]
Originally posted by Arminini:
What happens with Manningham's cap situation with the injury? With a torn ACL and PCL he's probably out all of next year right?

If they want to cut him, and save money they need to wait for the injury to be medically cleared. Or do a injury settlement. He should be ready for TC according to Harbaugh.

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
2013 page is updated. Some new info, Alex's deal no longer has his incentives and workout bonus, they must of did a quiet redo to help cap wise for both us and KC.

We are now under the cap by $1,642,425

Alex will save us $8.5m, and Akers $3m, with the current cap room we will have around $13,142,425 in cap room, without any redos or releases of say Goodwin, Haralson, Whitner, or redo of J.Smith.
Kind of surprising it's been all quiet on that front.

It is for sure. I am surprised we have heard nothing of Haralson or a redo and extension for Smith.

That one puzzles me as well so we can lower his cap hit for this upcoming season like you've pointed out numerous times AB.

AB I have a question about Tarell Brown. Assuming the cap rises only another 2-3 mil for 2014. What are our odds of squeezing out a long term deal for Tarell Brown?

A brown extension may be tough. Depends on his value he views himself at.
2013 page is updated, has new cap room updated, now around $3.919M under. When Alex is traded our cap room will go up by $8.5 million. Around $11.414 million under.

For 2014 since his salary will be gone, we have $35 million if the cap is $124 million, I expect around $126 million in 2014. We have some free agents to retain, Justin Smith, and Tarell Brown are the top 2. Then Manningham if he returns healthy, I don't see him cut, he is quality, and give the guy a shot to recover before writing him off.
AB, I like your new updated NinerCapHell look but what happened to the list of free agents after each year? Was browsing around and can't find them. It was really easy to read on the old version; all you had to do is click the year and a window would pop up with a list.

Anyways, I don't know about you but I am thinking we are moving towards a youth movement. Just looking at the roster the only guys over 30 are Sopoaga, Rogers, Smith, Goodwin and Jennings. Everybody else is a free agent and will be gone. After this season I really only see Justin and possibly Jennings around. I think we are saving money for the 10-11 draft class... Kap, Aldon, Iupati, Davis, Miller, possibly Hunter. Doubt we can keep all of them still but those guys are the future. Side note even the guys that are around 30 after next year like Haralson and Gore could be gone. I almost think we are leaning more towards building and reloading for a 5+ year playoff run then we are of say a 1 year SB run. If we would have tagged Goldson and got say Revis that would say we are all in. To me we are still in for the super bowl but we are more so going along the lines of 5 chances instead of 1 or 2.

Edit: About Brown he is really a solid CB; would be 29 by the start of the 2014 season if we chose to re-sign him after his contract is up this year. I have no idea what he will want but if it's reasonable I would give him up to say a 3, maybe 4 year deal. With Rogers and him possibly gone I am sure we will be drafting CBs this year and next. Cox is only signed through this year as well. Could mean we could lose all 3 after this year.

And if we get into next year's free agents Whitner and Goodwin are probably gone. Justin Smith is #1 (tag him at worst)... Brown I'd like back on a reasonable 3-4 year deal like I said, Cox for 1 mil or so... Tukuafu I am not worried about. Manningham I don't know if he could stay healthy and is worth a deal more than a few years. I'd rather put the money towards the 14 guys. Then we could cut Rogers and we should have a reasonable amount to sign guys like Iupati, Davis, Kap, Miller... maybe Hunter. One will probably get tagged.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Mar 9, 2013 at 7:10 AM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
2013 page is updated, has new cap room updated, now around $3.919M under. When Alex is traded our cap room will go up by $8.5 million. Around $11.414 million under.

For 2014 since his salary will be gone, we have $35 million if the cap is $124 million, I expect around $126 million in 2014. We have some free agents to retain, Justin Smith, and Tarell Brown are the top 2. Then Manningham if he returns healthy, I don't see him cut, he is quality, and give the guy a shot to recover before writing him off.

wow
Originally posted by Gore_21:
AB, I like your new updated NinerCapHell look but what happened to the list of free agents after each year? Was browsing around and can't find them. It was really easy to read on the old version; all you had to do is click the year and a window would pop up with a list.

Anyways, I don't know about you but I am thinking we are moving towards a youth movement. Just looking at the roster the only guys over 30 are Sopoaga, Rogers, Smith, Goodwin and Jennings. Everybody else is a free agent and will be gone. After this season I really only see Justin and possibly Jennings around. I think we are saving money for the 10-11 draft class... Kap, Aldon, Iupati, Davis, Miller, possibly Hunter. Doubt we can keep all of them still but those guys are the future. Side note even the guys that are around 30 after next year like Haralson and Gore could be gone. I almost think we are leaning more towards building and reloading for a 5+ year playoff run then we are of say a 1 year SB run. If we would have tagged Goldson and got say Revis that would say we are all in. To me we are still in for the super bowl but we are more so going along the lines of 5 chances instead of 1 or 2.

Edit: About Brown he is really a solid CB; would be 29 by the start of the 2014 season if we chose to re-sign him after his contract is up this year. I have no idea what he will want but if it's reasonable I would give him up to say a 3, maybe 4 year deal. With Rogers and him possibly gone I am sure we will be drafting CBs this year and next. Cox is only signed through this year as well. Could mean we could lose all 3 after this year.

And if we get into next year's free agents Whitner and Goodwin are probably gone. Justin Smith is #1 (tag him at worst)... Brown I'd like back on a reasonable 3-4 year deal like I said, Cox for 1 mil or so... Tukuafu I am not worried about. Manningham I don't know if he could stay healthy and is worth a deal more than a few years. I'd rather put the money towards the 14 guys. Then we could cut Rogers and we should have a reasonable amount to sign guys like Iupati, Davis, Kap, Miller... maybe Hunter. One will probably get tagged.

I've been meaning to add free agents section.

I think it will be tough to keep everyone also. We need to build through the draft and keep our own, try and keep the OL together. Joe Staley will have high 2015-2017 salaries, might ask him to restructure his deal to free up cap room.

Guys like Justin, Jennings and Gore might stick around a few years past there deals. Those 3 are guys I would keep, even Gore can be a good RB in a RB by Committee.

Aldon, Kap, Miller, Hunter, and Cully from 2011 are priorities. Probably Kap first since Aldon has a 5th year option for 2015

Davis, Iupati and Crabs are key for the 2014 free agents, along with Kap, Hunter, Miller and Cully. Maybe Kilgore depended on how he develops.

At some point we will need to do an extension with Willis and Vernon, lower base salaries, and sign through say 2019. Also the TV deal should impact 2015 or 2016 starting then. We could see a $128M cap IMO in 2014, which would give us $39M for 2014 to spend before 2013 signings. Plus Carlos will probably be cut.

Edit: About Brown, I hope something this season, he had a $2m escalator, so extend him and lower base salary, same with Justin, if not franchise him to be safe.

2015 tag would be for Kap obviously. Probably 17M then.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Mar 9, 2013 at 12:46 PM ]
how does boldin effect our cap?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
how does boldin effect our cap?

We were at around $5.1 million under according to reports, which means we got a $1M incentive credit from Alex Smith's contract and the $1.643M cap credit from uncapped year, so right now I have us at $8.1M under with the Alex Smith, Anquan Boldin and Ian Williams extension all taken into account.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
how does boldin effect our cap?

We were at around $5.1 million under according to reports, which means we got a $1M incentive credit from Alex Smith's contract and the $1.643M cap credit from uncapped year, so right now I have us at $8.1M under with the Alex Smith, Anquan Boldin and Ian Williams extension all taken into account.

AB, $8.1M under STILL after taking on Boldin's deal? I thought he had a $6 or $7M cap figure this year? How does that work?