There are 165 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Very cool pie charts from spotrac on where each team's positional money is going....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/09/13/nfl-salary-position-breakdown-opening-day-roster/2808773/

i think the pats could've retained welker if they wanted to. Dumb move IMO.

dead space by the raiders.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Very cool pie charts from spotrac on where each team's positional money is going....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/09/13/nfl-salary-position-breakdown-opening-day-roster/2808773/

I dont like to use Spotrac as a source, they ripped me off in past. But good stuff nonetheless.

Oakland has $50M in dead money, and $6M next year, but have $66M in cap room for 2014, so they will be players. Maybe Brown bolts for money, but stays in bay area, with Oakland, they could use CB help. Face it, Brown will be getting overpaid, and we cant afford to keep him anymore.
Kap future salary tracker, performance based...

Week 1. 15 million
Week 2. 8 million
Originally posted by jreff22:

Week 1. 15 million
Week 2. 8 million

Pretty much Justin. I understand everyone thinks Kap will take the money and run so to speak. But I can't justify paying Kap 120M based off of 1 1/2 years of playing. Aldon I can justify 12-14M, because he had 2 awesome years to begin, and has started off great, 2.5 sacks I believe, I dont know how many sacks he got last night, I saw one, not sure if he got anymore. Aldon played all 16 games his rookie year, I think all in 2012. So that's 32 games played, plus 2 Playoffs in 2011, and 3 in 2012 playoffs. Plus 2 more games this year.

Unless Kap wins MVP, breaks passing records, pass TD record, rush record, or rush TDs, then SB MVP he won't get paid 120M.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Pretty much Justin. I understand everyone thinks Kap will take the money and run so to speak. But I can't justify paying Kap 120M based off of 1 1/2 years of playing. Aldon I can justify 12-14M, because he had 2 awesome years to begin, and has started off great, 2.5 sacks I believe, I dont know how many sacks he got last night, I saw one, not sure if he got anymore. Aldon played all 16 games his rookie year, I think all in 2012. So that's 32 games played, plus 2 Playoffs in 2011, and 3 in 2012 playoffs. Plus 2 more games this year.

Unless Kap wins MVP, breaks passing records, pass TD record, rush record, or rush TDs, then SB MVP he won't get paid 120M.

Of the above, Kap needs to win SB MVP and be decent / good during regular season & playoffs. Winning the SB is what its all about. If he does that, and performs well, he's getting huge money.

Now if we come up short in our SB bid, then he'd need to win MVP during the regular season to sniff that 120M. Passing or rushing records won't get him the 120M. And he's not getting any meaningful passing record this year anyways. Its about wins in big games which he does have some playoff wins. But, he's already lost 1 SB and 2 big games in Seattle. He wins the SB this year and all that is forgotten. He doesn't, then the whispers start and we're looking at less money.
Originally posted by azninersfan:

Of the above, Kap needs to win SB MVP and be decent / good during regular season & playoffs. Winning the SB is what its all about. If he does that, and performs well, he's getting huge money.

Now if we come up short in our SB bid, then he'd need to win MVP during the regular season to sniff that 120M. Passing or rushing records won't get him the 120M. And he's not getting any meaningful passing record this year anyways. Its about wins in big games which he does have some playoff wins. But, he's already lost 1 SB and 2 big games in Seattle. He wins the SB this year and all that is forgotten. He doesn't, then the whispers start and we're looking at less money.

Agreed. I cant justify giving Kap that much unless he does so much to deserve it. Only 26 or so games played doesnt equal 120M.

Week 1. 15 million
Week 2. 8 million

week 3. 7 million
Colin Kaepernick Contract Value for Extension

List of players who have their base salaries guaranteed

Week 1. 15 million
Week 2. 8 million

week 3. 7 million

Week 4. 9 million
Aldon Smith Contract Value for Extension

Week 1. 15 million
Week 2. 8 million

week 3. 7 million

Week 4. 9 million

Week 5. 9 million
The thot of kap asking for $90 mil right now for an extension next yr is looking like a dim light going out. IF kap continues his slide, that $90 mil will be a figment of his imagination....a thing that could have been. Right now he looks like a kid good for maybe $5mil/yr, based on performance, meaning he would owe the team money if implemented this yr.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I dont like to use Spotrac as a source, they ripped me off in past. But good stuff nonetheless.

Oakland has $50M in dead money, and $6M next year, but have $66M in cap room for 2014, so they will be players. Maybe Brown bolts for money, but stays in bay area, with Oakland, they could use CB help. Face it, Brown will be getting overpaid, and we cant afford to keep him anymore.

we cannot keep everyone. RIP corey lemonier
My Crabtree contract value for extension.

http://ninercaphell.com/2013/10/13/michael-crabtree-contract-value-for-extension/
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
The thot of kap asking for $90 mil right now for an extension next yr is looking like a dim light going out. IF kap continues his slide, that $90 mil will be a figment of his imagination....a thing that could have been. Right now he looks like a kid good for maybe $5mil/yr, based on performance, meaning he would owe the team money if implemented this yr.

Agreed Doc. He isnt a 90M QB right now. Needs to prove himself more. He is the future. But he should sign a 4yr deal, like Rodgers did in 2008 or 09 I think.
Share 49ersWebzone