LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
how much cash can we save by cutting Gabbert?
Originally posted by jreff22:

None Justin, his rookie deal was fully guaranteed. One of the downfalls to a top 18 pick under the new CBA, deals are guaranteed now.
if dorsey is gone for the year, is his salary available for them to pursue some NG help? or if williams comes back and dial can play the spot, could an extension be in the works someone?
Originally posted by ninergold:
if dorsey is gone for the year, is his salary available for them to pursue some NG help? or if williams comes back and dial can play the spot, could an extension be in the works someone?

No, he would earn his base salary while on IR.
I thought I read somewhere that Jacobs, Hunter, and another guy will count $1.25MM against the cap while on IR. Maybe it was a tweet....
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

None Justin, his rookie deal was fully guaranteed. One of the downfalls to a top 18 pick under the new CBA, deals are guaranteed now.

Can he renegotiate it?
[ Edited by 74offsuit on Aug 30, 2014 at 4:00 PM ]

Can he renegotiate it?

He can, not sure if we have leverage to get a pay cut. But who knows.
I guess in light of the Aldon news, the silver lining maybe he will cheaper to sign long-term and have an incentive based contract. That is if Baalke and Harbaugh want him back.
Ray McDonald restructured AB?

Originally posted by SFrush:
Ray McDonald restructured AB?

Yeah apparently so according to Tom Peliserio.

I figure he reduces his base salary from $3.5M to $855K, saves around $1,763,334
Yeah apparently so according to Tom Peliserio.

I figure he reduces his base salary from $3.5M to $855K, saves around $1,763,334

Wonder, whom this money is making room for? Crab, Iupati, Boone or just happenstance.
Originally posted by 74offsuit:
I guess in light of the Aldon news, the silver lining maybe he will cheaper to sign long-term and have an incentive based contract. That is if Baalke and Harbaugh want him back.
They definitely want him back. You seen Baalke ice bucket challenge? You heard Harbaugh praising him all off season? We've seen them pick up his option as well. We will sign him next off season most likely
Right now, with the current roster set, we are only $1.985M under the cap. But that will increase a bit with McDonald's redo. He either did a redo with a $2.645M bonus prorated over 3 yrs(savings are $1,763,334) or over 5 years(savings of $2.116M), the 5yr would require extra voidable years to maximize cap savings.

But we will lose $1.017M for our Practice Squad, 10 players will make $107,100 each at minimum. Some teams do overpay for PS players, like NE Bit I doubt we will.

Here's an article I did for NinersNation.com, http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/8/29/6084515/aldon-smith-suspension-navorro-bowman-injury-49ers-salary-cap , shows possible cap relief we can get for players with roster bonuses, and also Boone's holdout, and Aldon's suspension.
Right now, with the current roster set, we are only $1.985M under the cap. But that will increase a bit with McDonald's redo. He either did a redo with a $2.645M bonus prorated over 3 yrs(savings are $1,763,334) or over 5 years(savings of $2.116M), the 5yr would require extra voidable years to maximize cap savings.

But we will lose $1.017M for our Practice Squad, 10 players will make $107,100 each at minimum. Some teams do overpay for PS players, like NE Bit I doubt we will.

Here's an article I did for NinersNation.com, http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/8/29/6084515/aldon-smith-suspension-navorro-bowman-injury-49ers-salary-cap , shows possible cap relief we can get for players with roster bonuses, and also Boone's holdout, and Aldon's suspension.

MAN!!!! & i thought after redoing Ray's contract cutting all these players like Spillman Snyder & so on we were above 10 Mill for the year, where did all that money go all of a sudden???? the small details of a salary cap are sure confusing.

Share 49ersWebzone