There are 166 users in the forums

49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Trade for DEZ Bryant. Give Dallas our 1st rounder and a future 2nd for Dez Bryant. 49ers are literally One Gamebreaking WR away from multiple SB opportunities.

lol. c'mon man.

Naw, we should try to make that trade with Detroit for Megatron.
Earlier I tweeted out that the following players either saw an increase, or decrease in their 2014 base salaries. I was on mobile, so I wasn't able to update the website.

But here they are, Alex Boone has his base salary raised from $950,000 to $2 million.

Mike Iupati had his base salary raised from $1,600,500 to $2,770,500.

And lastly Ahmad Brooks saw his base salary drop from $5.15 million to $4.25 million.

I now have the 49ers at $7.296 million under the 2014 salary cap.
So AB.. Who can we afford to resign and extend this offseason? In your opinion.

Would love to have Boldin and Whitner back.

Also when do you think we will start to see some moves being made?
Originally posted by SportsFan:

My gut tells me we can or will do the following.

Re-Sign Boldin, Dawson, Osgood, Cox, Wilhoite
Redo/Extend Vernon, Willis, Gore
Extend Miller, Kap

Maybe re-sign Whitner, which is possible. Also Crabs or Aldon extension. Aldon isn't a FA till after 2015 if we picked up his 5th yr option.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Salary-cap-mailbag.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

A nice Salary Cap mailbag by former NFL Agent Joel Corry.

For a team that doesn't overpay, will Colin Kaepernick's next deal forever compromise the integrity of San Francisco's salary cap?-@DeSimone80

The 49ers won't fundamentally alter their approach to contracts and the salary cap because of Colin Kaepernick. They will still sign core players to lon- term deals mostly at a discounted rate and with favorable contract structure well in advance of the expiration of rookie contracts. Having a quarterback with a deal approaching the $20 million per year neighborhood and upwards to $55 million in guarantees could change how cap dollars are allocated and may cause the 49ers to lose some key players to free agency that otherwise could have been retained. That's a consequence of having a deep and talented roster. It may become more challenging for the 49ers to sign free agents to moderate one and two-year deals with escalators and incentives. More veteran players could be signed to one-year minimum salary benefit contracts. A player receives his league minimum base salary and a maximum of $65,000 as a signing bonus with these deals. The player's base salary counts on the cap at the minimum salary for players with two years of service ($570,000 for the 2014 season) instead of at his actual base salary. The 49ers have one player with a minimum salary benefit contract this season. There were four in 2012 and none in 2011.

It will be a surprise if Kaepernick's contract is structured like Joe Flacco's deal where his peak cap number is over $30 million. It's more likely the 49ers will use something similar to the Green Bay Packers' approach with Aaron Rodgers, where the cap numbers are more manageable and without big fluctuations. Kaepernick's contract will include large per game active roster bonuses, just like San Francisco's other lucrative deals, even though they aren't in most of the top quarterback contracts. Only Rodgers and Jay Culter have them. The primary benefit of the roster bonuses is that they provide some financial and cap relief with injuries. The per game amount is only payable if the player is on the 46-man active roster for that particular game. For example, All-Pro linebacker NaVorro Bowman has $750,000 roster bonuses ($46,875 per game) in most years of his deal. If he suffers a season-ending injury after playing eight games in 2015, he won't earn the remaining $375,000 of his 2015 roster bonus.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Extend Miller, Kap

Maybe re-sign Whitner, which is possible. Also Crabs or Aldon extension. Aldon isn't a FA till after 2015 if we picked up his 5th yr option.
AB....I've been on here everyday and this is my first post. But I wanted to thank you for your efforts with the salary cap updates, it's incredible work. The salary cap has always fascinated me and I've always been impressed with how SF FO manages the cap so wisely.

With that in mind, I find it incredibly tough to see them paying (W)Hitner >5 mil per year along with Boldin. Since you've got a grasp on the cap, is there any way in hell well can give Kap a long term extension in the range of a top paid Qb, along with Aldon AND Crabs. I've sort of already given up on extending Iupati because I can't imagine the FO giving a guard that kind of money. With around 7 million this year and a lot more next year is there any way we can keep at least 3 of the big 4 set to expire in 2014?

Extend Miller, Kap

I don't know how that's possible with only 7 million but i guess management got this.
Originally posted by PA49er:

Extend Miller, Kap

AB....I've been on here everyday and this is my first post. But I wanted to thank you for your efforts with the salary cap updates, it's incredible work. The salary cap has always fascinated me and I've always been impressed with how SF FO manages the cap so wisely.

With that in mind, I find it incredibly tough to see them paying (W)Hitner >5 mil per year along with Boldin. Since you've got a grasp on the cap, is there any way in hell well can give Kap a long term extension in the range of a top paid Qb, along with Aldon AND Crabs. I've sort of already given up on extending Iupati because I can't imagine the FO giving a guard that kind of money. With around 7 million this year and a lot more next year is there any way we can keep at least 3 of the big 4 set to expire in 2014?

Thanks PA49er. I believe we can keep 3 of the 4 big guys in 2015 offseason.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

Extend Miller, Kap

I don't know how that's possible with only 7 million but i guess management got this.

The thing is we will cut Rogers and gain $5.105M in cap room. Then we could gain around another $12M by redoing Vernon, Gore, and Willis. Plus we could ask Brooks, and McDonald to help out. It's all possible. I won't say guaranteed. But very possible.
f**k rogers. That fool has to go.

Another way to save money for this season is to plan around exercising the fifth year option for Aldon (approx 10 mil) and planning to franchise tag Kap for 2015 (approx 16 mil). I think that knowing the salaries of the two players likely to command the most money would be a good move as well. The fact that these options would put our two possible highest players within the top paid players at their position without paying them at the top of their position would both reward them and provide our salary cap with flexibility for both this current offseason and next offseason. In other words, instead of paying Kap $20 million a year and Aldon $17 million a year, we pay $11 million less and thus can use $11 million more for other free agents and extensions such as Crabs and Iupati.
Do Not renew Upati, Whitner and cut Gore & Rogers and Baldwin. Resign Quan and try to somehow keep Crabs,Kap & Aldon.
Do Not renew Upati, Whitner and cut Gore & Rogers and Baldwin. Resign Quan and try to somehow keep Crabs,Kap & Aldon.

The 49ers are not going to cut Frank Gore. Get that crazy notion out of your head. Asking him to restructure his contract, however, is very likely. Whether or not he will, is the real question.
Originally posted by Kes8514:

The 49ers are not going to cut Frank Gore. Get that crazy notion out of your head. Asking him to restructure his contract, however, is very likely. Whether or not he will, is the real question.

agreed 100%, Gore won't be cut. He will restructure though.
AB: With a player like Gore, what do you think they will ask him to take. Will they use SJax's contract as a basis for the restructure. I think that is $4 million bonus, $2 million base 1st year, 3 year contract.

Chris
Share 49ersWebzone