LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 419 users in the forums

AB83Rules...question...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My guess is that gets renegotiated LONG before it expires and Willis gets ALOT more money.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
My guess is that gets renegotiated LONG before it expires and Willis gets ALOT more money.

if the past is any reflection on the future, example; Gore, we will get Willis signed long term ina yr or 2.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by Need4Speed:
Do you have a thread discussing long term implications of players Jonas Jennings specifically. I know that his base is this year does that change or does he have any kickers to increase his pay through 2011?

i dont beleive he has any escalators, his base salary goes up each yr, ill get back to you wiyth exact numbers.

He has about a 5.8M cap number in 2008.

I'm not trying to get the answer today just wanted to remind you after you've been asked alot of other questions. I thought you addressed this somewhere maybe your website (is it still down?)
Do you have a thread discussing long term implications of players Jonas Jennings specifically. I know that his base is this year does that change or does he have any kickers to increase his pay through 2011?

i dont beleive he has any escalators, his base salary goes up each yr, ill get back to you wiyth exact numbers.

I'm not trying to get the answer today just wanted to remind you after you've been asked alot of other questions. I thought you addressed this somewhere maybe your website (is it still down?)

ok, here's the deal with Jonas, he isnt cuttable untill after june 1st.

After june 1st we saved 3.45M this yr and 1M next yr, while taking on 2M in dead money in 08 and 5M in 09.

After june 1st we saved 3.45M this yr and 1M next yr, while taking on 2M in dead money in 08 and 5M in 09.

So, AB, is it your guess that if we draft an OT he's pretty much history?
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

So, AB, is it your guess that if we draft an OT he's pretty much history?

Yeah, im betting on a OT in the early rounds(1-3).
Are you still disillusioned by Nolan or are you back on his bandwagon? Just curious as to how you feel after our many conversations last year.
Originally posted by geturembedder:
Are you still disillusioned by Nolan or are you back on his bandwagon? Just curious as to how you feel after our many conversations last year.

i dont know, part of me wats to like Nolan, he and McCloughan have put together what looks like a good team, but the other part says Screw Nolan, he cant get the best out of his players, so idk. If i had to choose right now, id say im still skeptical, and im worried that this 3-4 wont work, and that Martz wont turn the teams offense around.

So yeah, im not hating on him now, but im not 100% sold on nolan.

i dont know, part of me wats to like Nolan, he and McCloughan have put together what looks like a good team, but the other part says Screw Nolan, he cant get the best out of his players, so idk. If i had to choose right now, id say im still skeptical, and im worried that this 3-4 wont work, and that Martz wont turn the teams offense around.

That's cool. I'm of the opinion that it's gonna take Martz more than a year to really get the offense going, and if he doesn't dramatically alter his schemes for our players then he may even have a disastrous start. Regardless of how I feel about Nolan as a coach I think expectations are already unfairly high on Nolan.
everybody talks about how much a. smith makes, i was wondering exactly how much that is

That's cool. I'm of the opinion that it's gonna take Martz more than a year to really get the offense going, and if he doesn't dramatically alter his schemes for our players then he may even have a disastrous start. Regardless of how I feel about Nolan as a coach I think expectations are already unfairly high on Nolan.

I agree, the expectations are too high for this team and nolan, i do think it willl take atleast 2 yrs for Martz to fully turn this Offense around.

And of course, i am for one glad we arent fighting and bickering over Nolan, I was clearly blinded, maybe it was his goatee, or his suit, hmmmm,...... oh well, lol.
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:
everybody talks about how much a. smith makes, i was wondering exactly how much that is

right now after reading more info and getting more info, he makes around 11M this yr, yes you guys read it right, 11 MILLION, and that goes down dramatically, to around 4M in 09. and then around 6M in 2010.

right now after reading more info and getting more info, he makes around 11M this yr, yes you guys read it right, 11 MILLION, and that goes down dramatically, to around 4M in 09. and then around 6M in 2010.

much appreciated

much appreciated

no problem, and let me be 1 of the 1st to welcome you to the board.
Glad we have someone like AB83 on the zone. You're awesome.
Share 49ersWebzone