LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

***Attending a SF 49er Game Tip Thread***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dustys47:
Originally posted by British9er:
if you are staying in the city and are going to the game don't rule out catching the gameday special bus to and from the game - it drops you right at the stadium and it gets allowed out the "back-way" such that it avoids most of the traffic.

Where are the pickups for this bus? I'm from Nebraska and will be going to the Saturday night game against the Bengals. Any advice you have about public transportation to and from the game would be great.

Yea me too. I didn't know there were any other Huskers in the zone. I went to SF for the first time in the spring (great city) I hope to go to a niners game this fall. The bus idea sounds like a good one. Go Big Red. (and gold)
If you come from the North Bay like me and you're not a tail-gater a great way to get to the Stick is to park in one of the alley's (free on Sundays) near Tommy's joint at Van Ness & Geary and get a round trip Muni-Ticket for the Candlestick express bus for about $12.00. Grab your ticket, then go into Tommy's for Corned Beef sandwich and a beer or a bloody or both.

The Muni bus stop is just across Geary from Tommy's Joint. Tons of Niner fans do this while they watch the AM games and get "primed".

The muni busses are lined up out in front of the park next to the "Jesus statue" after the game for a non-stop trip back to Van Ness.

It's the best.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
If you come from the North Bay like me and you're not a tail-gater a great way to get to the Stick is to park in one of the alley's (free on Sundays) near Tommy's joint at Van Ness & Geary and get a round trip Muni-Ticket for the Candlestick express bus for about $12.00. Grab your ticket, then go into Tommy's for Corned Beef sandwich and a beer or a bloody or both.

The Muni bus stop is just across Geary from Tommy's Joint. Tons of Niner fans do this while they watch the AM games and get "primed".

The muni busses are lined up out in front of the park next to the "Jesus statue" after the game for a non-stop trip back to Van Ness.

It's the best.

That's a great tip! And Tommy's rules!
Originally posted by billybonka:
I plan on attending my first ever Niners game sometime this year at the Stick. What time do you guys usually get there to tailgate?

If you have a parking pass, anywhere from 10 to 11 am is good. If not, get there before 9: 30 am and hope that the parking attendant will let you in the main paved lot...

Going to the Saints game for Monday Night Football in September. We're in town for a weeklong trip, so we'll have a rental car and will be driving to the game. For an MNF game, what time do they open the gates? Afterwards (with evening traffic) how long do you think it will take to exit if I stay the entire game? Thanks!
go only when we paly gay ass teams like the Rams and Lions...other wise, save your money
Blue shorts.
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:
go only when we paly gay ass teams like the Rams and Lions...other wise, save your money

What makes you say that?
Share 49ersWebzone