There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Attending a SF 49er Game Tip Thread***

Originally posted by MotorBoater9er:
Once you get into the stadium area.. you will see alot of interesting looking guys.. with those passes.. Pick up up from them for a modest fee...

or you can just show up early and pay 20 bucks
if you are staying in the city and are going to the game don't rule out catching the gameday special bus to and from the game - it drops you right at the stadium and it gets allowed out the "back-way" such that it avoids most of the traffic.
  • rideRdie9erfan
  • Info N/A
Hey what's up 9er fans. I'm setting up a Birthday party tailgate for Sundays drubbing (hopefully) of the Ravens. Does anyone have any suggestions for a specific time i should be there to reserve a few parking spots? Also, is there a suggested area to park at for tailgating? Your help is greatly appreciated.
Originally posted by rideRdie9erfan:
Hey what's up 9er fans. I'm setting up a Birthday party tailgate for Sundays drubbing (hopefully) of the Ravens. Does anyone have any suggestions for a specific time i should be there to reserve a few parking spots? Also, is there a suggested area to park at for tailgating? Your help is greatly appreciated.

we got there around 9:15 and there was plenty of spaces in big chunks. it does fill up quickly though.
During severe rainy weather, bring rain boots, cause the lot is litteraly a flood zone.
Originally posted by FrankGorleone:
During severe rainy weather, bring rain boots, cause the lot is litteraly a flood zone.

even when it's not rainy, make sure you don't wear nice shoes if you have to arrive late. I came late last year to a 1:00 game (got there at 12:45) and we had to park in the dirt. f**king sucked
Be like me and get up at 5:30 am and be at the gates at 7am!!!! thats the best tip i can give. But for all you eager peoples out there without a parking pass, they sell them at each gate super early in the am(if they dont have them at gate # 1 got to gate # 2 and so on and so forth)No later than like 9am. For us trying to get on 101 north to go home, it easiest to go in through gate # 1 and park on a end spot facing the gate for a quick exit.Usually i park in the first sets of rows. we stay for the whole game and just as the game ends we walk to our car jump out in traffic. Gates 1-3 will let you out to the right and you wont have to make that long commute just to get to the freeway by going left...trust me it saves tons of time. Then if your going to the Bay Bridge get on 101 north and take 280 north towards downtown.NO TRAFFIC. it will drop you off of the freeway right by AT&T park... pass the park and all of about 10 stop lights...turn left on Bryant St(I remember it because of Antionio Bryant) Follow it through 2 stop lights and get on to the bridge.....no traffic at all...even if the Giants have a 1:00 game...Hope you have fun and GO NINERS!!!!!
[ Edited by mikeyc2281 on Oct 10, 2007 at 3:43 PM ]
Don't go!!!!!!!1

I've noticed that lots of the seats have bird "doo-doo" on them so before going to your seats, especially if you are all the way at the top, get some paper towels (wet and dry) to wipe down the seats.

Unless you got seat cushions.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Don't go!!!!!!!1

I've noticed that lots of the seats have bird "doo-doo" on them so before going to your seats, especially if you are all the way at the top, get some paper towels (wet and dry) to wipe down the seats.

Unless you got seat cushions.

thats great...."Dont go" because there is bird droppings.... wow if thats why u havent been there then u probably shouldnt go at all
make sure you get a # of someone at the tailgate or else you may be running around looking crazy with a cooler ful of meat yellin. Webzone tailgate.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
make sure you get a # of someone at the tailgate or else you may be running around looking crazy with a cooler ful of meat yellin. Webzone tailgate.

LOL that is great. I can picture it and yes...that would indeed suck.
good thing there are some great niner fans out there cuz that is what happened!! cz i was able to hang out with some other great fans!!!
Originally posted by RedRazor:
Regardless of how hot it is out in the parking lot before the game, always bring some warm clothes into the stadium. Temp drops quickly at the stick.

You know what...I live in VA but I didn notice people wearing sweaters and it was still like September...Good tip!
Don't....if it's this bad on t.v. imagine how bad it will be at the game!?!?!?!?
  • dustys47
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by British9er:
if you are staying in the city and are going to the game don't rule out catching the gameday special bus to and from the game - it drops you right at the stadium and it gets allowed out the "back-way" such that it avoids most of the traffic.

Where are the pickups for this bus? I'm from Nebraska and will be going to the Saturday night game against the Bengals. Any advice you have about public transportation to and from the game would be great.