There are 247 users in the forums

Alex Smith's potential...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
Alex Smith had reached his full and ultimate potential - it is time to let him go and try other options.
sad for us, but true, nontheless... that's just my opinion.

please, football gods, let us all be wrong about alex, pleeeeease, let us all be wrong
IM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT THIS ALEX SMITH GUY!!!!!! HE HAS ONE HORRIBLE GAME AFTER ANOTHER, HE CANT HIT WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS, HE REALLY SUCKS. AND SCREW DAVID CARR TOO, HES IN THE SUCK BOAT WITH ALEX. LETS PUT IN TROY SMITH, THAT GUY MAY NOT BE THE CONVENTIONAL QB BUT HE IS A PROVEN WINNER.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
the season is pretty shot as far as it being meaningful.

QB will be changed for sure for next year. We will play Smith all year to squeak into the playoffs hopefully.

if we make it to the playoffs somehow

smith will be back

Yup. This is what I just posted in the vet's forum. If we squeak into the playoffs we may be stuck with mediocrity for a long time with Smith at the helm.

LB
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
this is so surreal. Up until ~10 days ago, I was one of 5 or so "haters" in the zone. Now I am a member of the VAST majority that sees Smith for what he is, and from my perspective, for what he has been all along. I have never seen the tide turn on any topic in the zone so quickly and so decisively.

On a related note, I had stayed silent all along on Sing, but I had concerns on him from the get go as well. Oscar once said it best about Sing as a potential head coach, while Nolan was still our coach: "If I want a motivational speaker, I'll hire a consultant."
Originally posted by Shaj:
this is so surreal. Up until ~10 days ago, I was one of 5 or so "haters" in the zone. Now I am a member of the VAST majority that sees Smith for what he is, and from my perspective, for what he has been all along. I have never seen the tide turn on any topic in the zone so quickly and so decisively.

On a related note, I had stayed silent all along on Sing, but I had concerns on him from the get go as well. Oscar once said it best about Sing as a potential head coach, while Nolan was still our coach: "If I want a motivational speaker, I'll hire a consultant."

I was on board Shaj. Remember ACP?? I don't see that anywhere now after Sunday.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cooper49er:
IM SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT THIS ALEX SMITH GUY!!!!!! HE HAS ONE HORRIBLE GAME AFTER ANOTHER, HE CANT HIT WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS, HE REALLY SUCKS. AND SCREW DAVID CARR TOO, HES IN THE SUCK BOAT WITH ALEX. LETS PUT IN TROY SMITH, THAT GUY MAY NOT BE THE CONVENTIONAL QB BUT HE IS A PROVEN WINNER.

I agree with you, except that Troy is a proven winner????? he's been cut like 37 times...
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by cooper49er:

I agree with you, except that Troy is a proven winner????? he's been cut like 37 times...

If Alex Smith wasn't a 1st round pick, he would have been cut exactly 1 time and never heard of again.
After watching the game for the 3rd time, I believe the main problem with his performance on the 2nd half was that he regressed to his old mechanical problems.]

I was hoping someone could tell me if m right or wrong, but he started locking up his knee again and sometimes he wouldn't even set his feet. Look at the throw deep to Ted Ginn again.

Ron Jaworski said on KNBR that Alex has corrected his mechanical flaws. Now it's a matter nit to regress when things start to go south.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
After watching the game for the 3rd time, I believe the main problem with his performance on the 2nd half was that he regressed to his old mechanical problems.]

I was hoping someone could tell me if m right or wrong, but he started locking up his knee again and sometimes he wouldn't even set his feet. Look at the throw deep to Ted Ginn again.

Ron Jaworski said on KNBR that Alex has corrected his mechanical flaws. Now it's a matter nit to regress when things start to go south.

do u also like to get kicked in the balls repeatedly?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

I never did figure out what ACP stands for.

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

I never did figure out what ACP stands for.

I think it was Ass Clown Patrol
Originally posted by znk916:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

do u also like to get kicked in the balls repeatedly?

I know, I need to get a f**king life.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think we need two huge threads knocking and praising Smith.

Share 49ersWebzone