LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Alex Smith's potential...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
lets tank the season to get a REAL QB!!!!!

would rather get Luck from stanford

watch that guy every week pretty much

No more rookies, get a veteran QB.

Yep. Back in 2005 I wanted us to get Kerry Collins so he could be the QB while who ever we drafted would develop.

I don't know who I want now exactly, I will have to think on it as the season goes...but I agree with you....we need a Vet for at least a couple of years
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
the season is pretty shot as far as it being meaningful.

QB will be changed for sure for next year. We will play Smith all year to squeak into the playoffs hopefully.

if we make it to the playoffs somehow

smith will be back

We lose either way.

I dont think we can even make the playoffs.

our whole playbook is Smith in shotgun, and any other formation it is going to Gore

Predictable bc Smith cant do a simple 3 step drop after 5 years. I know our O-line played s**tty but god damn, how did he just become so inaccurate after the 1 st quarter?
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Quote:
remember back in the day, we used to argue over who was better? Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers? Yea, Rodgers won.

I got to be honest and admit that at the time I wanted Smith over Rodgers. Sounds crazy to say now. You HAVE to wonder how different things would have been with Aaron Rodgers. Huge turning point for this franchise.

Originally posted by jpherring:
Anyone notice how Alex doesn't seem to notice the play clock or game clock? I remember this happened in the pre-season, i think verus the Raiders. I can remember the commentator saying, " We will tick down to the 2 minute warning, and I don't think Alex Smith realizes it." It's a sure sign of somebody completely overwhelmed by their surroundings. Man. We picked this clown over Aaron Rodgers!!!!!!!

I noticed the same thing about Alex. He has no clue about the play clock. Right before the half i was yelling at the TV, saying that he needs to hurry up or the 2 minute warning would hit.

Smith just has no clue. Did he ever explain that crazy throw out of bounds with no one around? He ended up getting an intentional grounding penalty.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Where all the Alex Smith lovers now.

WTF do have to say now, is this what you wanted ?

So whats the excuses now, does he need the same OC for years in a row to finally get it.

Is this the man you all saying has turned the corner?

I told all you that this mother f**ker would never amount to s**t but nobody wanted to hear it.

Do you see now that he sucks or do still need another season.

yea, I think you and me have been the only constant smith haters. Don't worry, the supporters are around. They'll show up soon.

Yah me, you and Shaj and Bill have been preaching this for a while now.

Do you want a cookie?

We want a competent quarterback who can help this good football team win! We also want a front office that can take the blindfolds off and finally realize this. I really don't care if fans like you never see it, that's your choice to root for whoever you want, but the coaches shouldn't give this guy more time to "develop". Not at the cost of our team's success!

And which All-Pro do you have in mind to come in a fix the problem?

This has been a lingering problem for a very long time now and I've been saying the same thing. It's not like I supported the A. Smith bs and am suddenly changing my mind.

The "All-Pro" that I had in mind was wave right in front of us many times and our FO is stupid for not trading for him. His name; Donovan McNabb! I'm sure there will be another shake up somewhere in next years off-season where we can get a descent QB for cheap AND draft the next "All-Pro" who is currently on some college team.
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Where all the Alex Smith lovers now.

WTF do have to say now, is this what you wanted ?

So whats the excuses now, does he need the same OC for years in a row to finally get it.

Is this the man you all saying has turned the corner?

I told all you that this mother f**ker would never amount to s**t but nobody wanted to hear it.

Do you see now that he sucks or do still need another season.

yea, I think you and me have been the only constant smith haters. Don't worry, the supporters are around. They'll show up soon.

Yah me, you, Norcal9erfan, and Shaj and Bill have been preaching this for a while now.

Correction.

I may have everyone beat. Under another profile I have been bashing Alex Smith since March 2005

I wanted to take Ronnie Brown with that pick(Yes I wanted both Ronnie Brown and Frank Gore in that draft, but I would have used a 2nd on Gore)

And then I wanted Jay Cutler in the 2006 draft.
More recently I have called for drafting Mark Sanchez.
I have called for the release of Alex Smith in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.

I hate Alex more than you do!

I'm beginning to think he is going to be that QB who looks very good in some parts but will always choke when he has a chance to get that big play for the TD. Every f**ken game, he misses a freaking chance to put second thoughts in a defensive coordinators head.

Defense Coordinator: "LOL! Stop Gore and close off Vernon and they can't do s**t!"

HC: "Just be on the look out for a deep ball. They do have some skill at receiver."

[Looking at one another seriously]

Broadcaster: Alex Smith goes deep and misses a wide open receiver!

[HC and DC hysterically laugh as if they should have known to never worry about Alex Smith]

[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 13, 2010 at 13:39:35 ]
If Smith absolutely lays an egg in the next game (or especially against the Chiefs)...I'm done with him. I'm at my wits end. The only reason I'm not completely closing the door is because everyone sucked. But I'm close...
Alex Jamarcus Leaf Crew

holler
Have only just mustered up the courage to watch the game again...

It seems that Alex does not give enough time to let a play develop down field. There is a play on 1st and goal with 8:30 to go in the second quarter, Alex checks the play down to Delanie Walker who is stuffed at the 5 yard line meanwhile Josh Morgan strolls uncovered the whole time on a post into the endzone... Niners end up leaving with only a field goal to go 6-0 up.

I want Smith to succeed but these little dump-offs have become a habit of his...

Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
If Smith absolutely lays an egg in the next game (or especially against the Chiefs)...I'm done with him. I'm at my wits end. The only reason I'm not completely closing the door is because everyone sucked. But I'm close...
To me it seems to be a waste for our WR's to line up out wide. Alex NEVER throws a pass to the outside receiver unless he is cutting across the field or making a quick out. Everything seems to be in the slot or the short in/out patterns. I dont know if its the system, play calls or just the fact that he stinks. I laugh when I see any of our WR's split way out wide. The other teams DB should just ignore them since Alex will never even look that way. And this is our NFL QB? Joke if you ask me.
All of the avid Smith supporters are just waiting for him to play "a" good game, so they can boast about he has "potential"..
Originally posted by SJniner7:
All of the avid Smith supporters are just waiting for him to play "a" good game, so they can boast about he has "potential"..

he showed potential last year if it werent for that i wouldve asked him to leave as well however look at last game find 3 people who had a good game offense or defense

it just cant be done every1 had a bad game against seattle
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SJniner7:

that conversation will come up when we play the Rams. Smith saves his best performances for the most inept teams (the ones that all QBs rack up 100+ passer ratings against). Yay.

How many 4th quarter comebacks has he engineered?
300+ yard games?
Wins against teams with a winning record?
Where would Smith be drafted in a 2005 draft redo?

The answer to all of those questions is very depressing.
Share 49ersWebzone