There are 265 users in the forums

Alex Smith's potential...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
calm down every1 the potential is still there

look at teh game he moved the ball only wronf thing i see with him is when the pocket collapses he breaks down mentally

im chalking off this game (for everybody) to nerves and lack of preperation

i still think alex will have a very good year and we will still be a 10 win team

everybody gave up on the game at same time just like the atlanta game
Alex is a different kind of bust. Jamarcus and Ryan Leaf lack the mental capacity to be NFL qbs.

Alex like David Carr and Tim Couch lacked the actual talent to play in the NFL.
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
Smith sucks, how it has taken 6 years for most people to realize this is just mind boggling

never under estimate the power of denial. The desire for him to be a Franchise guy was too great, and very blinding.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Somebody write this date down. It is the FIRST time that zoners are not overwhelmingly not making excuses for Smith. I'm not trying to be a smartass, this is absolutely true. I'm not surprised over Smith's performance. I AM surprised over the webzone response!

I am. I was truly hoping he would at least look average against the SeaHawlks. Alex total blew this game for us. They may say that his is a team sport; but, today, Alex lost this one...

but, but, but, he's developing, and he's a captain.....
Originally posted by fly15:
Somebody write this date down. It is the FIRST time that zoners are not overwhelmingly not making excuses for Smith. I'm not trying to be a smartass, this is absolutely true. I'm not surprised over Smith's performance. I AM surprised over the webzone response!

I am. I was truly hoping he would at least look average against the SeaHawlks. Alex total blew this game for us. They may say that his is a team sport; but, today, Alex lost this one...

your boy crabtree didn't exactly play so well either

I see your mom let you back on the interent
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

Let my mother out of this, she passed.
It will be the last time!!!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

and by the way, it wasnt my mom, it was your boyfriend AS
McNabb was there for the taking!!!! But our coaching staff stuck with the bum...
Somewhere between Tim Couch and Jamarcus Russel. I can't believe there were actually posters on this site that were talking about a top 10 season and how is better than Philip Rivers and Aaron Rogers. There was actually a god damn post about him winning MVP. On any other competent franchise he would have been cut a long time ago.

ARE YOU GUYS NUTS? ALEX WILL NEVER BE WHT WE THINK HE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE COLIN COWHRED ON HIS SHOW ON ESPN RADIO SAYS POTENTIAL IS OVERRATED SHOW MY RESULTS , ARE WE GONNA KEEP RUNNING WITH THIS GUY ON POTENTIAL OR RESULTS THERE ARE MILLONS WITH POTENTIAL I WANT WINNERS SAID OUR COACH , HE BETTER TAKE ANOTHER LOOK, BECAUSE THE ONE HE DDRESSED THAT TOO, SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY ONE SO FAR.

YOU THINK WERE GOING TO BEAT THE SAINTS WITH POTENTIAL? AND DINKIN AND DUNKIN? PLEASE
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HOF-RICE10:
ARE YOU GUYS NUTS? ALEX WILL NEVER BE WHT WE THINK HE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE COLIN COWHRED ON HIS SHOW ON ESPN RADIO SAYS POTENTIAL IS OVERRATED SHOW MY RESULTS , ARE WE GONNA KEEP RUNNING WITH THIS GUY ON POTENTIAL OR RESULTS THERE ARE MILLONS WITH POTENTIAL I WANT WINNERS SAID OUR COACH , HE BETTER TAKE ANOTHER LOOK, BECAUSE THE ONE HE DDRESSED THAT TOO, SEEMS LIKE THE ONLY ONE SO FAR.

YOU THINK WERE GOING TO BEAT THE SAINTS WITH POTENTIAL? AND DINKIN AND DUNKIN? PLEASE

but he's the new captain....
  • ZRF80
There's nothing new here to see folks. I still see people making Alexcuses, trying to pin the game on offensive playcalling, dropped passes, and the defense not showing up. Well, all those things may have played a part in our team's monumental collapse, but the catalyst behind all this was Smith's play. If Smith throws a good pass to Morgan on the opening drive combined with the easy pitch to Norris........we go up 14-0 and the whole ballgame changes. He allowed Seattle to hang in there, and when push came to shove.........he completely botched. The guy choked completely in the second half.....Seattle smelled blood and took advantage of our misfortunes.

In retrosepct, however, this is nothing new for Alex Smith. Same old 49ers. Down at halftime, trying to crawl back in the second half....except Smith couldnt pull it off this time. Seattle came with the pressure, and Smith needed to translate those small 5 yard outs into 10-15 yard tosses. He couldnt do it. He overthrew his receivers, threw costly picks, and couldnt make the proper reads.

90% of this is pinned on Smith. If this trend continues, we're better off giving Carr the nod. He's not the answer, but I doubt he could play any worse than Smith did today.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
There's nothing new here to see folks. I still see people making Alexcuses, trying to pin the game on offensive playcalling, dropped passes, and the defense not showing up. Well, all those things may have played a part in our team's monumental collapse, but the catalyst behind all this was Smith's play. If Smith throws a good pass to Morgan on the opening drive combined with the easy pitch to Norris........we go up 14-0 and the whole ballgame changes. He allowed Seattle to hang in there, and when push came to shove.........he completely botched. The guy choked completely in the second half.....Seattle smelled blood and took advantage of our misfortunes.

In retrosepct, however, this is nothing new for Alex Smith. Same old 49ers. Down at halftime, trying to crawl back in the second half....except Smith couldnt pull it off this time. Seattle came with the pressure, and Smith needed to translate those small 5 yard outs into 10-15 yard tosses. He couldnt do it. He overthrew his receivers, threw costly picks, and couldnt make the proper reads.

90% of this is pinned on Smith. If this trend continues, we're better off giving Carr the nod. He's not the answer, but I doubt he could play any worse than Smith did today.

" If Smith throws a good pass to Morgan on the opening drive combined with the easy pitch to Norris........we go up 14-0 and the whole ballgame changes. "

this.
and what about those stupid smiles he had....when he was making all those s**tty throws...he and sing were the only ones having fun while watching their team go down ..
Share 49ersWebzone