LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

OTA Days

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by btthepunk:
When he says manhandled by Buckner and Thomas, does he mean lining up in thy gap between them? I don't think any guard could handle both of them.

No, the report indicated he was being beaten by both, individually.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
When he says manhandled by Buckner and Thomas, does he mean lining up in thy gap between them? I don't think any guard could handle both of them.

That sounds sexual.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

That sounds sexual.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I read that Joshua Garnett was getting handled by Buckner and Thomas. Two ways to take that: improvement and consistency from Thomas or Garnett just doesn't have it, and that position on the O-line will be liability.

was it drills or 7 on 7? and if from Grant take with the biggest grain of salt.

It was one on one and two on two. My guess is that Garnett needs a lot of work and reps to get back into it. Remember he missed a whole season.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I read that Joshua Garnett was getting handled by Buckner and Thomas. Two ways to take that: improvement and consistency from Thomas or Garnett just doesn't have it, and that position on the O-line will be liability.

It was one on one and two on two. My guess is that Garnett needs a lot of work and reps to get back into it. Remember he missed a whole season.

Lol, anything from the cone head about OTA's is suspect.
Originally posted by mojave45:

Personally we should love it hell get to face those dudes a lot to improve asap.

I don't read to much into it either...rust is definitely a thing and Garnett of anyone should have a lot of it, but beyond even that the guy by all accounts completely reshaped his body over the offseason. He likely has different leverage entirely, his whole game has to change and that doesn't come overnight.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Personally we should love it hell get to face those dudes a lot to improve asap.

We should love it Crabs. Garnett going against Buckner, Thomas, etc in practice is good stuff. Someone is going to win or lose that every time, and going against quality opposition on both sides of the ball sharpens them all. The cone head just posts the most negative take on it that he can for clicks.

No surprise really, garnett always hurt and has proven nothing yet, the weakest on the line
We won't know about Jimmy G's deep accuracy until he has a line to play behind. He had some terrible footwork last year and every pass starts from your feet. I hope Shanahan gave him a lot of specific things to work on. I really don't like that coaches are not allowed to work with players in the offseason anymore. If that was the rule in the 70s and 80s Joe Montana would never have happened. Joe and Walsh completely re-made him as a QB in the off-season.

Last year D-Bag Grant said Witherspoon couldn't play and was slow because he was bad in OTA's. I can't read his crap and don't anymore. He thinks he knows something about football. He's a click geek and a nerd. He is the first to tell everyone when he is right about something even though he was only in the vicinity of right but not actually right. When he's wrong which is often especially with this current regime he won't cop to it. At least Killion admitted she was wrong about Reuby Tuesday. Much respect to that although she's still a self righteous idiot imo.

I wonder if Pettis is going to end up being the main slot guy by the end of next year? Taylor was a sweet pick up later in the draft and will provide awesome depth at the slot and kick return positions but James and Pettis might just be better and more versatile. Slot guys are small and can get dinged easy so depth is important there. Like everyone else I'm very concerned about the pass rush. This year will tell the tale because we can do something teams since the 90s couldn't do.......score TDs consistently. Pass rush should get a lot of chances because the run D should be stout and the the D as a whole should be playing with a lead with improved secondary play.

Kyle must not be concerned at all with the interior of the OL with the only addition being Cooper. I don't see what he likes with our current crop of Gs but his offensive knowledge compared to mine is like comparing Joe Montana to Gio Carmazzi. I think he is hoping Joe Williams can bounce back. I hope he takes a leap forward because at times we will need to run between the tackles and although I love the addition of McKinnon I've watched him for 4 years and as dynamic as he can be between the tackles not always great. We can always grab a 2 yard grinder if Kyle feels he needs it. Under Kyle I'm very optimistic about the O especially now that the savior is here.
Originally posted by Scoots:
We won't know about Jimmy G's deep accuracy until he has a line to play behind. He had some terrible footwork last year and every pass starts from your feet. I hope Shanahan gave him a lot of specific things to work on. I really don't like that coaches are not allowed to work with players in the offseason anymore. If that was the rule in the 70s and 80s Joe Montana would never have happened. Joe and Walsh completely re-made him as a QB in the off-season.

Really? Did you specifically watch his footwork or are you quoting something you read? I have never seen anything about his footwork being horrible. In fact I've seen the opposite. I'm not trying to say you are wrong I'm asking what your point of reference is from?
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:

Last year D-Bag Grant said Witherspoon couldn't play and was slow because he was bad in OTA's. I can't read his crap and don't anymore. He thinks he knows something about football. He's a click geek and a nerd. He is the first to tell everyone when he is right about something even though he was only in the vicinity of right but not actually right. When he's wrong which is often especially with this current regime he won't cop to it. At least Killion admitted she was wrong about Reuby Tuesday. Much respect to that although she's still a self righteous idiot imo.

I wonder if Pettis is going to end up being the main slot guy by the end of next year? Taylor was a sweet pick up later in the draft and will provide awesome depth at the slot and kick return positions but James and Pettis might just be better and more versatile. Slot guys are small and can get dinged easy so depth is important there. Like everyone else I'm very concerned about the pass rush. This year will tell the tale because we can do something teams since the 90s couldn't do.......score TDs consistently. Pass rush should get a lot of chances because the run D should be stout and the the D as a whole should be playing with a lead with improved secondary play.

Kyle must not be concerned at all with the interior of the OL with the only addition being Cooper. I don't see what he likes with our current crop of Gs but his offensive knowledge compared to mine is like comparing Joe Montana to Gio Carmazzi. I think he is hoping Joe Williams can bounce back. I hope he takes a leap forward because at times we will need to run between the tackles and although I love the addition of McKinnon I've watched him for 4 years and as dynamic as he can be between the tackles not always great. We can always grab a 2 yard grinder if Kyle feels he needs it. Under Kyle I'm very optimistic about the O especially now that the savior is here.

I agree with you about most of grants so called player evaluations but since you don't read him any more i'll let you know he did apologize and admit he was wrong about ruben and the 49ers belief in him on yesterday.
excited to see reuben back at it again
Originally posted by IHATELOWELLCOHN:
Originally posted by Scoots:

Really? Did you specifically watch his footwork or are you quoting something you read? I have never seen anything about his footwork being horrible. In fact I've seen the opposite. I'm not trying to say you are wrong I'm asking what your point of reference is from?

I've watched it. A lot of his throws last year were all arm. The line making him run for his life is going to have a direct effect on his footwork and on his lack of deep passing connections. He also isn't very sharp on his drops. He probably relies a little too much on his exceptional arm and quick release. What I hope is that what looks like bad habits just end up being situational.
Share 49ersWebzone