LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

49ers claim CB C.J. Goodwin from waivers

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:
Niners getting all these big slow corners I'm worried they gonna get beat deep a lot.

Goodwin was a track star. He's big but he damn sure isn't slow.

Moore ran a 4.2 at 6'2" too...top 4 pSPARQ and Moseley as well (top 3). For long CB's they are fast a/f.

The only slow CB we have is McFadden, an UDFA. And he's unlikely to stick unless his technique is premier.
[ Edited by NCommand on May 15, 2018 at 2:28 PM ]
"C.J. Goodwin is a wide receiver who has been on the Falcons' roster throughout the offseason, but you could be forgiven for forgetting about him. There was approximately a 0% chance that the 26-year-old was going to crack the receiver depth chart in 2016, considering the players in front of him."

SBNation

Goodwin was waived by the Giants on Monday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

"Goodwin was claimed by the Giants less than two weeks ago, but it appears he failed to impress enough to stick around long. If he goes unclaimed, he'll be a free agent and can sign with any team"

CBS Sports
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:
Niners getting all these big slow corners I'm worried they gonna get beat deep a lot.

Moore ran a 4.2 at 6'2" too...top 4 pSPARQ and Moseley as well (top 3). For long CB's they are fast a/f.

The only slow CB we have is McFadden, an UDFA. And he's unlikely to stick unless his technique is premier.

can

Thanks guys I'm less worried now.
[ Edited by susweel on May 15, 2018 at 2:34 PM ]

LOL. I'm sure.

LOL. I'm sure.

Sarcasm meter is broken for sure
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
"C.J. Goodwin is a wide receiver who has been on the Falcons' roster throughout the offseason, but you could be forgiven for forgetting about him. There was approximately a 0% chance that the 26-year-old was going to crack the receiver depth chart in 2016, considering the players in front of him."

SBNation

Goodwin was waived by the Giants on Monday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

"Goodwin was claimed by the Giants less than two weeks ago, but it appears he failed to impress enough to stick around long. If he goes unclaimed, he'll be a free agent and can sign with any team"

CBS Sports

WR?
  • thl408
Speed isn't the main concern for big CBs, change of direction is.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
WR?

He primarily played special teams when he was in Atlanta.
Seems like he's a 'I know you, so I'll give you a chance in camp' signing from Kyle.
Slow? Dude has been clocked at 4.3, 4.4 I love it! And he's a mean dude. Gonna be some surprise cuts this season.

And I was gettingworried that they would not have enough CB's. Landmine side stepped
And with a below average pass rush. Jimmy better put up 30 points a game.

I heard Jimmy G is gonna actually play corner on first and second down and then click down and play the elephant on pass rushing third downs.....
Originally posted by Niners816:

I heard Jimmy G is gonna actually play corner on first and second down and then click down and play the elephant on pass rushing third downs.....

Sweet. If he excels at G, he'll have literally addressed all our teams needs! $ well spent!
Looks to me like we won't be playing much man coverage with our outside CBs.

I can image the CBS will not be covering many slant routes.

So you think our defence will be worse than last year? No logic.
Share 49ersWebzone