LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Off-season film study topic - post draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Off-season film study topic - post draft

Interested to know about Saleh's scheme and also the rookies. More importantly, I'm wondering if there really was a correlation between Jimmy G being inserted and the defense playing better overall when it happened. Or maybe Saleh adjusted over time? I did notice that the defense played much better down the stretch compared to the beginning of the season.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by jonnydel:
So, since many of the comments on my previous poll mentioned defensive stuff and now we have a draft and a bit of a shakeup, let's take another look at what y'all think would be some interesting film topics to discuss during the incredibly painful next 4 months til real football is played again.

FWIW, I do know how to spell, "more" it was a joke......

Also FWIW, in last years' film threads I covered nearly all of Jimmy's completions, so, there won't be a whole lot more nuggets of awesomeness to uncover, it'd be just showing what he did again.
Show us the bad plays by Jimmy...then proceed to get beatdown by the forum members, jk. I'm currently going through the defensive pass plays to learn more about Saleh. I'm already seeing some very defined tendencies, especially on 3rd downs, and when they decide to blitz.

How about DL play on base downs? Is Saleh using hybrid fronts like what was speculated during the 2017 offseason? How often do they slant and scrape to defend the run? If you want to breakdown a player, how about Spoon, or Kittle? How are they doing on plays where they aren't targeted? Richberg on run blocks? Arik Armstead and why he grades out well (PFF) but many of us think he's no good? What's the truth?

I voted 2018 FA class.

Y'all the forum goats.. But man, tough to over analyze Jimmy knowing probably less than 40% of playbook and revolving doors on defense, all being in year one..

I say do what y'all wanna do, and we'll love you for it no matter what

Analysis of Garcon, Goodwin, Kittle, Buck, Taylor, spoon would be awesome.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 10, 2018 at 2:51 AM ]
Thx for doing this. I want to know how Sherman will fit into this scheme(Saleh was with him up there in Seattle for a couple years) and How will the Drafted Dbs fit into it as well . I read on Matt's blog that the 49ers are switching both those guys roles. Cornerback to Safety and viceversa and they got Ward who can play All 3 spots And not Forget Colbert man what a beast although he did miss some tackles there at the End. Sorry got carried away.. Big thx

p.s. And what the F was going on when they dropped Earl Mitchel into zone coverage!!!LoL
Special team kick/return coverage. Good, bad, ugly.
Share 49ersWebzone