LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

Steven Dunbar WR UDFA

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
Colman Shelton is intriguing. Would be huge if we could score some quality interior line depth from him or Knott

Seriously.

Posted this in the 53-man prediction thread, but Shelton definitely has a shot. Some strong off-season work I think could easily get him a spot on this team. He was able to handle Stanford NT Harrison Phillips by himself for the most part. Phillips put up 42 reps on the bench at the combine and went in the 3rd to Buffalo.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Posted this in the 53-man prediction thread, but Shelton definitely has a shot. Some strong off-season work I think could easily get him a spot on this team. He was able to handle Stanford NT Harrison Phillips by himself for the most part. Phillips put up 42 reps on the bench at the combine and went in the 3rd to Buffalo.

He is also coming out of a pro style offense that runs a lot of outside zone. What the 49ers would be asking him to do isn't entirely different from what he did in college.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Pettis and Dunbar. They're going to be so sad when Dunbar stands next to Bourne, and they're the same size.

[ Edited by Heroism on May 4, 2018 at 3:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Pettis and Dunbar. They're going to be so sad when Dunbar stands next to Bourne, and they're the same size.

Originally posted by NCommand:

God Shanny... I love you. Hate to say it but I'm gonna go on a limb, Dunbar will be a red shirt special or someone will be traded.
You guys think we can sneak Dunbar on the practice squad? Or should we Joe Williams him this year
why do they keep saying he is 6-3?.......
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Play speed looks like 4.8

What's his official 40?
Originally posted by xcfan:

What's his official 40?

I believe he ran a 4.76 at his pro day, which translates to ~4.9 at the combine.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
I believe he ran a 4.76 at his pro day, which translates to ~4.9 at the combine.

I dunno how much i buy the idea that scouts just add time to every 40 at a pro day. I mean... apparently scouts were impressed with Tarvarius Moore running a 4.32 at his pro day. I don't think there would be as much hype if they all felt he actually ran 4.5.

What's his official 40?

I think Rod Smith and Ed mcaffrey ran around those times no? Also hero I think he would have ran a 4.84-4.86 at combine. Usually you add .8-.9 if not 1 the most.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

What's his official 40?

I think Rod Smith and Ed mcaffrey ran around those times no? Also hero I think he would have ran a 4.84-4.86 at combine. Usually you add .8-.9 if not 1 the most.

Plus just looked it up and there's an article from 2014 saying that in the last 12 years , pro days are only .03 faster on average for players that ran combine and pro day.

4.54 average for combine. 4.51 average for pro day.

Also kinda interesting is players jump 2 inches higher in the vertical in their pro days than in the combine and it's not like there can be human error involved with that one. Maybe since there's some comfort to competing in your home field, it allows them to put up better numbers.

http://rotoviz.com/2014/01/why-are-pro-day-40-times-faster-than-combine-40-times/
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on May 5, 2018 at 2:00 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Too bad he so slow - he's got ideal size.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

What's his official 40?

Plus just looked it up and there's an article from 2014 saying that in the last 12 years , pro days are only .03 faster on average for players that ran combine and pro day.

4.54 average for combine. 4.51 average for pro day.

Also kinda interesting is players jump 2 inches higher in the vertical in their pro days than in the combine and it's not like there can be human error involved with that one. Maybe since there's some comfort to competing in your home field, it allows them to put up better numbers.

http://rotoviz.com/2014/01/why-are-pro-day-40-times-faster-than-combine-40-times/

That's too low imo lol. Just varies I guess. Example Joe Haden improved his by more than 1.3+

Anyways they can vary
Share 49ersWebzone