LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

49ers UDFA Signings Thread(Full List in OP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Like this one.
Originally posted by bors:
So we're ol herc mufasa end up going ?

Vikings.

Damn him and hey got Hill? Good signings
  • jcs
  • Veteran

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1007344&draftyear=2018&genpos=RB

Overview
Wilson's frame is on the low-end for early down running backs and he lacks the commitment and physicality needed as an outside runner. Wilson does have a decent feel for lane development on the play-side and back-side as a zone runner and his vision helps him find yardage that some others might miss. His size and lack of explosiveness as a runner could make practice squad his ceiling.

Strengths
Impressive touchdown production over last two seasons
Saw yards per touch go up in each of the last three seasons
Vision is solid
Deciphers blocking in front of him and makes appropriate reads
Rhythm running back
Shows ability to catch a "hot streak" as a runner
Presses the hole to set up his late cuts
Sees side doors develop for escapes outside
Hugs rush track tightly when incoming traffic comes into picture
Good feel for backside cuts
Has enough pass-catching ability to be a threat

Weaknesses
Narrow base with average wiggle to elude
Legs are spindly and lacking support to balance through contact
Below average burst downhill and around the corner
Challenged by defenders before he makes clean escapes
Gathers feet and decelerates into contact
Missing size and demeanor to create yardage through power
Ball security has been atrocious in all four seasons
Fumbles once in every 33 carries and has 17 (11 lost) for his career
Missed seven games over three years due to three injuries
Originally posted by obx49:
Other than Jimmy G give me a playmaker on offense we can all be excited about and look forward to seeing?

Garcon, McKinnon, Goodwin, hopefully Pettis, Kittle.....etc.

Because this offense has improved by leaps and bounds this offseason. They went from Kilgore to Richburg who is a great scheme fit, at center. They went from Brown who can't block the outside zone to McGlinchey who is a dominant run blocker. They get Garcon back, they added a guy with outstanding quickness and ability to stretch the field vertically in Pettis. They signed McKinnon who can be a threat as both a runner and receiver.

Overall I expect this to be a much more potent offense, especially with Jimmy having a full offseason in the offense and a full offseason to develop chemistry with the receivers.
These dotards can't even sign UDFA Meeks and Hercules?

Are they TANKING?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Overview
Wilson's frame is on the low-end for early down running backs and he lacks the commitment and physicality needed as an outside runner. Wilson does have a decent feel for lane development on the play-side and back-side as a zone runner and his vision helps him find yardage that some others might miss. His size and lack of explosiveness as a runner could make practice squad his ceiling.

Strengths
Impressive touchdown production over last two seasons
Saw yards per touch go up in each of the last three seasons
Vision is solid
Deciphers blocking in front of him and makes appropriate reads
Rhythm running back
Shows ability to catch a "hot streak" as a runner
Presses the hole to set up his late cuts
Sees side doors develop for escapes outside
Hugs rush track tightly when incoming traffic comes into picture
Good feel for backside cuts
Has enough pass-catching ability to be a threat

Weaknesses
Narrow base with average wiggle to elude
Legs are spindly and lacking support to balance through contact
Below average burst downhill and around the corner
Challenged by defenders before he makes clean escapes
Gathers feet and decelerates into contact
Missing size and demeanor to create yardage through power
Ball security has been atrocious in all four seasons
Fumbles once in every 33 carries and has 17 (11 lost) for his career
Missed seven games over three years due to three injuries

Sounds like he can be a good fit in a ZBS as long as he can stop putting the football on the ground.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Other than Jimmy G give me a playmaker on offense we can all be excited about and look forward to seeing?

Can't tell if serious.

You're right I'm not serious. I'm looking forward to seeing a middle of the road running back and an aging slot receiver as our #1 WR.

Garcon, McKinnon, Goodwin, hopefully Pettis, Kittle.....etc.

Because this offense has improved by leaps and bounds this offseason. They went from Kilgore to Richburg who is a great scheme fit, at center. They went from Brown who can't block the outside zone to McGlinchey who is a dominant run blocker. They get Garcon back, they added a guy with outstanding quickness and ability to stretch the field vertically in Pettis. They signed McKinnon who can be a threat as both a runner and receiver.

Overall I expect this to be a much more potent offense, especially with Jimmy having a full offseason in the offense and a full offseason to develop chemistry with the receivers.

Besides Jimmy, my favorite offensive playmaker on our team is Shanahan. He knows his offense better than anyone here.
Originally posted by MK_Ultra:
These dotards can't even sign UDFA Meeks and Hercules?

Are they TANKING?

meeks is very overrated in this forum. Its just the obvious stanford connection...

Sounds like he can be a good fit in a ZBS as long as he can stop putting the football on the ground.

Yeah, RB is one position I'll never question a Shanahan on.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Besides Jimmy, my favorite offensive playmaker on our team is Shanahan. He knows his offense better than anyone here.

This too. Jimmy will have plenty of quality targets to throw too and Shanahan will be able to open up his playbook in the run game now that he has pieces that match and especially the OL that can block for it.
Hey Phoenix: http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/115704-49ers-2018-undrafted-free-agent-tracker/

3 more...nice TE!
  • dj43
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NCommand:
What do you buy a guy who already has everything?

a DB, duh.

With Sherman not being assured of being healthy to start TC, another DB is not a surprise.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

This too. Jimmy will have plenty of quality targets to throw too and Shanahan will be able to open up his playbook in the run game now that he has pieces that match and especially the OL that can block for it.

Jimmy has this

• A year older Kittle, Taylor, Bourne, Breida
  • An offensive line that fits perfectly for this scheme now. Don't have to worry about Brown being able to run or Kilgore getting f**ked up in the middle.
  • Garcon coming back.
  • Mckinnon, who could thrive in this scheme and is a great pass catcher and pass blocker as well.

And most of all, Jimmy getting a better grasp of the playbook along with Kyles playcalling.

This offense has the potential to be our defenses best friend. The offense staying on the field is the key to a fresh and dominant defense.
Share 49ersWebzone