There are 165 users in the forums

Jullian Taylor DT Temple

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Heroism:
So we're looking at this guy at 3T and he comes in at 280 pounds but we can't slide Thomas inside more at 3T at 276 b/c he's too small?

Taylor weighed in at 295 at Temple's pro day.

Oh really? This site has him at 280. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jullian-taylor?id=32462018-0002-5610-78ae-18c8c93a9476

Thanks. No way he sits behind Buckner and Day. Like you said, he'll probably back up at BE if he beats out Blair and makes the 53. Seems like a solid pickup.

Yeah, exact numbers were the following:

Height: 6' 4 1/2"
Weight: 294
40: 4.94
Bench Reps: 29
3-cone: 7.32 (would've been 3rd best among DT at combine)
Shuttle: 4.77
Broad Jump: 9' 6" (would've been 2nd best DT number at combine behind only first rounder Taven Bryan)
Vertical: 31 1/2"

Although the Temple article reports 4.83 forty, 31 reps, and a 33-inch vertical. In any case, those are very, very good athletic measurables.

How about groom as a 1T? Eventually take Mitchells spot. Then DJ Jones and Taylor duke it out? Think we're good at 3T but versatility is always good.
I don't expect to see him play a game until 2019. With that said, maybe he's being groomed considering Earl Mitchell's deal will be up that year.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I don't expect to see him play a game until 2019. With that said, maybe he's being groomed considering Earl Mitchell's deal will be up that year.

Yeah thats why I was thinking gain weight and strength for 1T role.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Imagine just letting him pump iron for a year and learn / study...what if he becomes our Julius Peppers (I mentioned that cause his length)
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Heroism:
So we're looking at this guy at 3T and he comes in at 280 pounds but we can't slide Thomas inside more at 3T at 276 b/c he's too small?

Taylor weighed in at 295 at Temple's pro day.

Oh really? This site has him at 280. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jullian-taylor?id=32462018-0002-5610-78ae-18c8c93a9476

Thanks. No way he sits behind Buckner and Day. Like you said, he'll probably back up at BE if he beats out Blair and makes the 53. Seems like a solid pickup.

Yeah, exact numbers were the following:

Height: 6' 4 1/2"
Weight: 294
40: 4.94
Bench Reps: 29
3-cone: 7.32 (would've been 3rd best among DT at combine)
Shuttle: 4.77
Broad Jump: 9' 6" (would've been 2nd best DT number at combine behind only first rounder Taven Bryan)
Vertical: 31 1/2"

Although the Temple article reports 4.83 forty, 31 reps, and a 33-inch vertical. In any case, those are very, very good athletic measurables.

Wow!
Originally posted by LVJay:

Imagine just letting him pump iron for a year and learn / study...what if he becomes our Julius Peppers (I mentioned that cause his length)

He ain't a pure edge like Julius.. But man, can't have enough DL beasts. Low key excited for our guys. Lot of ceilings to reach there. Buck, thomas,AA,day,jones,taylor,blair..

That's not including possibility of Jerry, marsh and pita.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on May 10, 2018 at 2:59 AM ]
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
He ain't a pure edge like Julius.. But man, can't have enough DL beasts. Low key excited for our guys. Lot of ceilings to reach there. Buck, thomas,AA,day,jones,taylor,blair..

That's not including possibility of Jerry, marsh and pita.

that kinda sounds like food / dessert
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Look at him had too thick his hands and body.

I think, he is beast a guy.
I heard an interview recently and he sounds like a very bright kid just starting to come into his own. He didn't play football until his Sr. year and battled some injuries but started to put it together.

He's learning 4T here which he claims is a perfect fit and translates from his identical scheme from college.

His competition should be Blair and Armstead.

I heard an interview recently and he sounds like a very bright kid just starting to come into his own. He didn't play football until his Sr. year and battled some injuries but started to put it together.

He's learning 4T here which he claims is a perfect fit and translates from his identical scheme from college.

if that's the case then it's the practice squad for him this year.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Sr. year in highschool.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

i bet he beats out aa
Originally posted by cciowa:

i bet he beats out aa

I wonder. We might cut AA because he does not fit our defense zones.
Originally posted by cciowa:

i bet he beats out aa

No way.

AA will look great in camp. He'll be "unblockable", a "force". He will make McG and Staley look bad on a few plays.

Then he'll light it up in preseason and get 6 almost-sacks.

Then he'll light it up in weeks 1-7, getting another 5.5 almost-sacks.

Then he'll get hurt and be placed on season-ending IR. We won't be able to cut him because we picked up his option and he won't pass a physical by the due date.

Then we'll have this conversation again next year.

Share 49ersWebzone