• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FaTaL:
I think Blair will be the sleeper Leo this year

Keep it quiet

Keep it quiet

No worries...we kept it quiet last year too.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I think coaches are confident of the squad we have. I think we will see an improve Solomon this year.
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
our biggest need after a franchise qb is 1A. Pass rusher 1B. O-line to protect franchise qb..

We've been missing it for years, year they didn't even try to address it.
Major disappointment.
Actually should be zero excuse from them.

Hell, even lynch said it during interviews.. keep Jimmy up and knock opposing qb down is the two most important aspects.. yet, he doesn't follow thru?

How can anyone justify not having a pass rush for years, and lynch/KYLE not addressing it again this year?

I would switch 1A and 1B, because I think protecting the franchise QB is more important. Apparently Lynch thinks Jimmy G's quick release makes that unnecessary, since the only offensive lineman he drafted has trouble with edge rushers.

The rebuild was going to take some time, and they weren't going to fix it all in one offseason. Maybe Attaochu is the savior, I dunno. But I would have thought the priority would be protecting the health of the quarterback that you just signed to a huge contract. I guess that shows how dumb I am.
Originally posted by dj43:
Coverage sacks work too.

If you can't get the edge guy you want, smother the receivers and all of a sudden your current guys look a lot better.

Unless your opponent has a decent quarterback, in which case it just results in an incomplete pass.

It's been said that a good secondary makes a good pass rush unnecessary, and vice versa. But it isn't really true in either case. A smart team with a good quarterback can exploit that weakness.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Keep it quiet

No worries...we kept it quiet last year too.

Big end is naturally more of AAs game. Rather leave Thomas as base elephant.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
Originally posted by socal1632:
Marsh and wait a sec I'm going to sneeze...A, A, Aaaattauchu. Wow we are going to scare the living shoot out of teams with those 2. Was so sure that we would grab several good pass rush prospects, without injuries, then this.

Your right..im sure teams would of been scared of one of the ROOKIES we could of drafted.. All unproven. I can only imagine the fear of the opposition if we would of drafted Landry... Your right.....................

Football is an (extremely) emotional sport...Marsh will cry himself to numerous sacks. Just you wait and see.............
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by eman:
THS... not to worried. They haven't did anything to prove us wrong yet. Colbert was a what..... A 7th round pick. I trust their guys.

hmm ... so is Colbert playing DE in your madden game then?
They resigned Marsh and signed Attauchu, who I think has probably more potential than anybody in the draft not named Chubb.. So again I trust the FO.
this ^^^

I get some of the excitement for attauchu. I like him as well.

Marsh? Umm....no.

Looking back at how all the zone's favorite pass rushers dropped once the draft started, it appears Lynch/Adams and the crew, felt that Sneeze was a better pick than any of the others after Chubb. I would even go so far as to say they knew that when they signed him.

As to Marsh, the jury is still out. I read a couple of reviews that said his skill set was not well used in NE. He did seem to be getting more run and going better in the final games last season so perhaps he also was considered a better fit than any of the others.

Chris Kiffen is on the coaching staff now, I wouldn't be surprised if ShanaLynch (or Chris himself) talked to Monte and had Monte take a look at theire defensive personnel and gave an opinon about them and the available edge rushers in the draft.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by eman:
THS... not to worried. They haven't did anything to prove us wrong yet. Colbert was a what..... A 7th round pick. I trust their guys.

hmm ... so is Colbert playing DE in your madden game then?
They resigned Marsh and signed Attauchu, who I think has probably more potential than anybody in the draft not named Chubb.. So again I trust the FO.
this ^^^

I get some of the excitement for attauchu. I like him as well.

Marsh? Umm....no.

Looking back at how all the zone's favorite pass rushers dropped once the draft started, it appears Lynch/Adams and the crew, felt that Sneeze was a better pick than any of the others after Chubb. I would even go so far as to say they knew that when they signed him.

As to Marsh, the jury is still out. I read a couple of reviews that said his skill set was not well used in NE. He did seem to be getting more run and going better in the final games last season so perhaps he also was considered a better fit than any of the others.

Chris Kiffen is on the coaching staff now, I wouldn't be surprised if ShanaLynch (or Chris himself) talked to Monte and had Monte take a look at theire defensive personnel and gave an opinon about them and the available edge rushers in the draft.

Very good POV there...feeling much optimism for the Dline with him around these days

Originally posted by LVJay:
Very good POV there...feeling much optimism for the Dline with him around these days

How did we win the last five games of the year in 2017 with such a lousy backfield and hardly any pass rush? Obviously it would be better if we had a world class pair of DEs that could "scare" the QB but since we don't have those two we will do what we did last year, slow down the other teams offense and score more with our offense. In the end it is the team with the highest number of points scored that wins, not the highest number of sacks. Our scruffy defense did just enough last year to allow us to win the last five games. Hopefully Marsh, Attachou, and Harold, and the rest of the defense will do as good a job as they did last year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by LVJay:

How did we win the last five games of the year in 2017 with such a lousy backfield and hardly any pass rush? Obviously it would be better if we had a world class pair of DEs that could "scare" the QB but since we don't have those two we will do what we did last year, slow down the other teams offense and score more with our offense. In the end it is the team with the highest number of points scored that wins, not the highest number of sacks. Our scruffy defense did just enough last year to allow us to win the last five games. Hopefully Marsh, Attachou, and Harold, and the rest of the defense will do as good a job as they did last year.

Exactly! And that scruffy defense about to get a lot more scruffy
Calling it now!!

Marsh will be top 10 in the league in sacks this year. Breakout season for him this year.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
That's a lot of sacks, break out the tissue
Share 49ersWebzone