LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Defensive End?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
OP you lost me even mentioning Tank Carradine and Aaron Lynch. One was always hurt and other was fat&lazy. Neither gave us anything last year.

I think some people are sleeping on Blair. He has some of that bend around that edge that people on this forum loved about overrated Harold Landry.
Our defense doesn't use a DE. Lol
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Our defense doesn't use a DE. Lol

LOL..."run defenders"
Originally posted by eman:
Originally posted by cjsmoove:
THS... not to worried. They haven't did anything to prove us wrong yet. Colbert was a what..... A 7th round pick. I trust their guys.

hmm ... so is Colbert playing DE in your madden game then?
They resigned Marsh and signed Attauchu, who I think has probably more potential than anybody in the draft not named Chubb.. So again I trust the FO.
Who needs those. Won't 8 wins a year be enough? Our new moniker is shootouts r us. This was, by the numbers a major league need and they draft 2 injured players. What the fffrrriiicccckkkk.
Well, If we stuffed our current dline into a big arsed De Lorean and went back to 1950, they would rock!!!!!!
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
Coverage sacks work too.

If you can't get the edge guy you want, smother the receivers and all of a sudden your current guys look a lot better.

so lets see... 4th quarter, 2 minute drive... we are up by 5 pts.. 3rd and 10... lets see if you prefer that coverage sack or wish to have that speed rusher than can pin his ears, attack the QB and put fear on the other QB and rattle their offensive tackle

i personally prefer the second option!

Everybody would, however, when you can't get a guy you feel is worth it, then improving the secondary is better than taking an ER that MAY work out or not.
  • dj43
THS... not to worried. They haven't did anything to prove us wrong yet. Colbert was a what..... A 7th round pick. I trust their guys.

They resigned Marsh and signed Attauchu, who I think has probably more potential than anybody in the draft not named Chubb.. So again I trust the FO.
this ^^^

this ^^^

I get some of the excitement for attauchu. I like him as well.

Marsh? Umm....no.
Marsh and wait a sec I'm going to sneeze...A, A, Aaaattauchu. Wow we are going to scare the living shoot out of teams with those 2. Was so sure that we would grab several good pass rush prospects, without injuries, then this.

• jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

this ^^^

Marsh? Umm....no.

Marsh as a rotational guy playing only 6 games last season had 2 strip sacks. Way too soon to pass judgement.
They didn't like the edge rushers in this draft. If they did they would have traded up for Landry, or picked Sweat/Obo in the later rounds.

They're definitely not ignoring the problem, they just didn't believe any of the options were better than what they had. Were they right? That remains to be seen.

I'm hoping we're not done, though. Crossing my fingers that either A) We bring back Dumervil or B) We do some sort of trade. Attaochu is the only addition we've made.
  • dj43
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

this ^^^

Marsh? Umm....no.

Looking back at how all the zone's favorite pass rushers dropped once the draft started, it appears Lynch/Adams and the crew, felt that Sneeze was a better pick than any of the others after Chubb. I would even go so far as to say they knew that when they signed him.

As to Marsh, the jury is still out. I read a couple of reviews that said his skill set was not well used in NE. He did seem to be getting more run and going better in the final games last season so perhaps he also was considered a better fit than any of the others.
[ Edited by dj43 on Apr 28, 2018 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by socal1632:
Marsh and wait a sec I'm going to sneeze...A, A, Aaaattauchu. Wow we are going to scare the living shoot out of teams with those 2. Was so sure that we would grab several good pass rush prospects, without injuries, then this.

Your right..im sure teams would of been scared of one of the ROOKIES we could of drafted.. All unproven. I can only imagine the fear of the opposition if we would of drafted Landry... Your right.....................
[ Edited by cjsmoove on Apr 28, 2018 at 7:11 PM ]
Pro: lynch and shanny love this roster

Con: lynch and shanny love this roster

Now that the roster is theirs, minus 9 players, can they cut bait with guys they are emotionally invested in? Choosing ACL Redshirt season guys allows them to pick players they like and not have to cut them.
Share 49ersWebzone