There are 158 users in the forums

DJ Reed CB, Kansas St, 4th Round 2018 Draft

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Right now I have 10 making it, the following.

CB Richard Sherman, CB Ahkello Witherspoon, CB K'Waun Williams, FS Adrian Colbert, SS Jaquiski Tartt, CB/FS Tarvarius Moore, CB/FS D.J. Reed, FS/CB Jimmie Ward, SS/CB Marcell Harris, and CB Tarvarus McFadden, a lot of versatility there, with 4 being able to play S and CB as our main backups.

+1. I have the same 10 in the secondary making it.
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Here's to hoping we can move Ward during the pre season to a team in need, or if someone would take him right now, I would move him. Sure we don't need the 8.5 million from Wards salary, but being able to possibly save it (by trading him, regardless of the return) and rolling it over to next year so we have 8.5 million more to spend in FA. Also by moving Ward in a salary dump, would open a spot for one more of these young kids to make the squad. Ward does have some value to opposing teams, so we just need to find a team capable of eating his salary. The Browns make sense to me, because they have TONS of cap space, and a weak secondary. Perhaps trade Ward for a 2019 7th round pick?
I would do it for the reasons I mentioned above, and the Browns might do it to take a flier on Ward, and see if he could become a long term piece there if he plays well for them this season.

The team kept 5 corners and 5 safeties last year. I doubt roster spots will be an issue.

CB Richard Sherman, CB Ahkello Witherspoon, CB K'Waun Williams, FS Adrian Colbert, SS Jaquiski Tartt, CB/FS Tarvarius Moore, CB/FS D.J. Reed, FS/CB Jimmie Ward, SS/CB Marcell Harris, and CB Tarvarus McFadden, a lot of versatility there, with 4 being able to play S and CB as our main backups.

That sounds about right. I don't think anyone else is in danger of not clearing waivers and landing on the practice squad.

Yup...only outside chances are Chancellor James and Emmanuel Moseley.
Originally posted by NCommand:

Yup...only outside chances are Chancellor James and Emmanuel Moseley.

Yeah James has to beat out Harris or McFadden doesn't show much and gets cut.
I feel like this kid will be a much cheaper version of Jimmie Ward. That is a good thing to. A solid nickel back who can also play FS. Really like this kid.
I love this guy's swag. It shows in his play and his tackling. I don't know how good he can be, but if he's good enough to make the team, his attitude will be a spark to the defense.
Watching and studying this kid heavy. Really like him. Loves to play football. Tough kid with a swagger. I think he will be a cheaper and tougher version of Jimmie Ward and for a 5th Rd pick that's pretty dam good. This kid will have a future and role as a 49er.
This kid appears to be having a real strong camp at corner AND Free Safety. He's looking like a tougher version of Jimmie Ward. Good football player. Should be a really good depth guy

I think Harris will be on IR this year. McFadden to the PS. Powell and Mabin are in the mix to make it. One of them at least. Powell seems to be having a good camp thus far. Moore is showing how raw he is learning corner and will basically redshirt as a rookie.
[ Edited by StubbyNBY on Aug 1, 2018 at 7:22 AM ]
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

I think Harris will be on IR this year. McFadden to the PS. Powell and Mabin are in the mix to make it. One of them at least. Powell seems to be having a good camp thus far. Moore is showing how raw he is learning corner and will basically redshirt as a rookie.

Yeah, I could easily see Powell or McFadden make it or even Harris over James.

RCB: Ahkello Witherspoon; Jimmie Ward
SCB: K'Waun Williams; Emmanuel Moseley
LCB: Richard Sherman; Tarvarious Moore
FS: Adrian Colbert; D.J. Reed
SS: Jaquiski Tartt; Chanceller James
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 1, 2018 at 7:32 AM ]

Best kick returner on the team. Hope he suited up in game days this year.
This kid is having a heck of a camp. He's def a keeper!
Read he had a really good practice today and I keep hearing his name. Has even got some reps at FS and has looked good there. He could be a tougher, more durable version of Jimmie Ward.
Been saying since we drafted him he will be our best CB by years end. #draftcockycornerbacks
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Been saying since we drafted him he will be our best CB by years end. #draftcockycornerbacks

Share 49ersWebzone