There are 246 users in the forums

1st Team All Pro - LB Fred Warner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
To tall and athletic for Mike IMO, I see him as a better athlete than Eli and his replacement at 1/2 down SAM
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Second highest in Wonderlic for linebackers.

The highest among the top LB's this year according to Bob McGinn.

6. FRED WARNER, Brigham Young (6-3 ½, 235, 4.65, 2-3): Started 42 of 49 games over four seasons, basically remaining injury-free. "Great size and excellent measurables," one scout said. "He's right on the cusp of the top group. He needs to be more physical." Posted 32 on the 50-question Wonderlic intelligence test, best among the top 12 LBs. "Good kid," said a second scout. "That (toughness) is the question on him. He's more that rangy, run-and-chase, back-side player. He's not that attack and shed, power, hit you in the mouth type guy." Had 264 tackles (32 for loss) and 6 ½ sacks. "I don't know what to do with that guy," a third scout said. "Played in space a lot … like a safety. He is not a good tackler but he can move. Looks good physically." From San Marcos, Calif.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Apr 27, 2018 at 6:58 PM ]
Cant get excited for a fines defense.

BTW, is he poly? He doesn't have a poly name, but kind of looks like it.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:

Saleh knows his LBers love it
At least I got this pick right! Easy scheme fit, like it.

I think much like with the talk regarding Roquan and shedding blocks, same could be said with Warner. He will hold up just fine at the Mike, and imo can play any of the spots, and a 3 down LB. Solid.

His tackling scares me, that would be the issue moving forward and why he's still available in the 3rd.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Second highest in Wonderlic for linebackers.

The highest among the top LB's this year according to Bob McGinn.

6. FRED WARNER, Brigham Young (6-3 ½, 235, 4.65, 2-3): Started 42 of 49 games over four seasons, basically remaining injury-free. "Great size and excellent measurables," one scout said. "He's right on the cusp of the top group. He needs to be more physical." Posted 32 on the 50-question Wonderlic intelligence test, best among the top 12 LBs. "Good kid," said a second scout. "That (toughness) is the question on him. He's more that rangy, run-and-chase, back-side player. He's not that attack and shed, power, hit you in the mouth type guy." Had 264 tackles (32 for loss) and 6 ½ sacks. "I don't know what to do with that guy," a third scout said. "Played in space a lot … like a safety. He is not a good tackler but he can move. Looks good physically." From San Marcos, Calif.

He can learn how to tackle better if he put the time into it. Like guys learning to block.
ugh, i had him going in the 7th round on my board

reach!!!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
So Mike or Will?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
ugh, i had him going in the 7th round on my board

reach!!!

Never heard of him until he got picked. Shoulda been UDFA. Total reach.
Share 49ersWebzone