There are 239 users in the forums

WR Dante "Do something...anything" Pettis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Big time reach much better players were on the board. Smdh

Love the player. My only thought was i dont see it as a huge need.

HOWEVER, i dont see him as a replacement for Taylor. I see him as hopefully heir apparent to Garcon. He needs to work on his route precision a bit, but i think he can be real good with a year or two of solid development.

Good size, as well. Really attacks the football in the air.

Just a little rough on the edges with his routes.
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 27, 2018 at 5:55 PM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran

Not a fan of the pick personally but....

Reach?

Got a pic of Lynch's draft board because you draft based on your own boards value not Kiper, McShays or Mayocks.
Garcon insurance. Taylor is going nowhere for a few years at least.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
We got our AJ Jenkins

LOL. Pretty much.

First of all, we didn't need to trade up to get him.

Terrible pick, this guy is too small and skinny. We needed a proper big-bodied WR to help with our red zone issues and there are plenty of better WRs than him such as Marcell Ateman, EQ, etc, etc.
This kid is a freaken BALLER. Go to the draft section of the forum to the Dante Pettis thread if you've never seen him play.

And no, he's not a slot WR. He can play there, but he's an outside WR through and through.
We gave up the 10th pick in the 3rdand received a 5th
[ Edited by Hangman_52 on Apr 27, 2018 at 6:21 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by evil:

Not a fan of the pick personally but....

Reach?

Got a pic of Lynch's draft board because you draft based on your own boards value not Kiper, McShays or Mayocks.

Internet told me he was a day 3 pick, 14th ranked wr in the draft.
Garcon insurance and future replacement.
Originally posted by Heroism:
This kid is a freaken BALLER. Go to the draft section of the forum to the Dante Pettis thread if you've never seen him play.

And no, he's not a slot WR. He can play there, but he's an outside WR through and through.

You were all over him WAY early on. Props.

Yea, i dont know WTF Mayock is smoking. Most people heard his analysis and take is as gospel.

For them to move up so aggressively to get him, they obviously see him as Heir apparent to Garcon.
I dont know enough about him to cast judgment. People are saying he is an outside receiver, but he looks small and only put up 11 reps. Is he strong enough to play outside?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Garcon insurance and future replacement.

There's an article out there about KS and WR's. Basically says he has specific roles for guys. A Burner, a fighter and a guy who can move the chains. I'll look for it but based on these requirements it's easy to see Garcon as the fighter and Goodwin the burner. I'm not sure Pettis is the guy who's going to beat CB's up for the ball.

This
His father is former MLB outfielder and current Astros 3rd base coach Gary Pettis. His brother Kyler Pettis is an actor on Days of Our Lives.
Share 49ersWebzone