LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Mike McGlinchey-OT-Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets
whyy!! we have lineman.. he many not even start this season.. brown, gilliam, and staley are our curret OTs...

we have a need for pass rush/cb/wr! someone who can play right away!
"I'm told the reason the Niners took Mike McGlinchey with the 9th pick in the #NFLDraft  is Trent Brown was terribly out of shape at mini camp and they have reservations about him off the shoulder surgery."

- Tony Pauline
Originally posted by LenCat:
best tackle in the draft for our franchise QB. I like it. Not sure why some are screaming for Lynch to be fired

People had their hearts set on someone flashier which I totally get, this team has a ton of needs, pass rusher, in the secondary, at LB but rolling with Trent Brown has basically become impossible and they can't run the outside zone with him, the run game going to the right last season was atrocious and I'm guessing Kyle wasn't very happy with that.

McGlinchey can start right away on Day 1, he's not a project, he's a very polished tackle who will be able to run the entire offense the way Shanahan wants it.
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Reports before the draft had the 9ers trading Trent Brown for a second round pick to the Broncos. I guess those were true. At least I hope they are now.

If we can do that I will be all aboard the McGlinchey pick(not like I have a choice lol)
Welcome Bud!
(I'm still shocked though)
McGlich says he only met with the niners at the combine lol hasn't spoken to them since then
Jed might have something to due with this
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Hangman_52:
Reports before the draft had the 9ers trading Trent Brown for a second round pick to the Broncos. I guess those were true. At least I hope they are now.

If we can do that I will be all aboard the McGlinchey pick(not like I have a choice lol)

yeah same here.. we have Brown, Staley and Gilliam at OT... not sure where Mike McGlinchey fits unless we trade Brown
  • Stud
We needed an OL. This was a no brainer. Good pick.
Clinch for Glinch.
I'm not nearly as confident in this front office as I was prior to this pick.

• titan
  • Veteran
Let's solidify the line. I think we can get another starting G in this draft.
We need top O linemen! if it wasn't for Jimmy G's release, he would of died. Lets not forget how much CJ got killed behind this s**t Oline.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
"I'm told the reason the Niners took Mike McGlinchey with the 9th pick in the #NFLDraft  is Trent Brown was terribly out of shape at mini camp and they have reservations about him off the shoulder surgery."

- Tony Pauline

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:

- Tony Pauline

Don't try to blame a Baalke pick for the Niners taking a Boy Scout because of Reuben Foster
Ill reserve judgment for the rest of the draft.

Im not mad at the pick, and kind of like it, however, i do feel that this FO has a tendency to telegraph their picks early on, and its hurting us a bit, as we are becoming predictable. Last year everyone knew Thomas was the pick. this year everyone knew it was the OT.
If we could call it on these forums, every FO in the NFL knew he was the pick.
i think Fitzpatrick would of hit the field before another OT.. our OT's are fine!!!
Share 49ersWebzone