LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Jerick 'Jet' McKinnon is a Chief.

Shop 49ers game tickets
We overpaid. Right up until he lights it up as a receiver out of the backfield in shanny's system. I don't think he gets more than 6-8 carries a game, but he might average twice that in touches.
Originally posted by deepniner:
Originally posted by miked1978:
The price seems high but lets wait until we see the real contract value. I have my doubts the guarantees are high.

I agree. It cant be that price. It must be incentive laden. That price per year would be ridiculous for him. Just absolutely bonkers!

You got to pay high when the player had options like he did.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by post_primitive:
We overpaid. Right up until he lights it up as a receiver out of the backfield in shanny's system. I don't think he gets more than 6-8 carries a game, but he might average twice that in touches.

uh hes the starting RB.
He's going to easily have 1200+ yards from scrimmage..going to be fun to watch this offense roll..
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by deepniner:
Originally posted by miked1978:
The price seems high but lets wait until we see the real contract value. I have my doubts the guarantees are high.

I agree. It cant be that price. It must be incentive laden. That price per year would be ridiculous for him. Just absolutely bonkers!

You got to pay high when the player had options like he did.

EH idk about that.
Love love love this. He's going to be such a huge weapon for us. Really unique skill set at RB....shanahan will turn him into a dynamic weapon.

Could care less we overpaid. Clearly had multiple suitors. Get your guy if shanahan wanted him
Only took 1 page for people to start complaining we paid too much!
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erfaninAZ:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Really good speed and hands but questionable vision and pass protection. I don't like what they paid for him. Would have much rather drafted a RB in the 2nd or 3rd rd....

This we paid to high.

PFF had him rated as one of only 2 RB's over 75 in pass protection and pass catching on 3rd down. i.e. dude can block according to them.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Meh, not a fan.
He will catch a lot of balls but IMO he's a poor man's Dion Lewis. Hopefully Shanny can bring out the best in him.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by DickNasty:
Smfh

Career ypc 4.0 under that the last 2 years. Dude is an avg nfl rb

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
Meh, not a fan.
He will catch a lot of balls but IMO he's a poor man's Dion Lewis. Hopefully Shanny can bring out the best in him.

I think you mean Dion Lewis is a poor mans McKinnon.
Great signing! Amazing 1-2 punch with Breida. I expect a 1000 total scrimmage yd season from both backs. Just like Saints last year.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by post_primitive:

uh hes the starting RB.

For now. Shanny likes 2 RBs. It's an awesome RB draft. We aren't done.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Massive overpay on first view. But remember the devil is in the details of these contracts. No use judging until we know the details.
[ Edited by okdkid on Mar 14, 2018 at 6:16 AM ]
Younger version of Dion Lewis, worse in pass pro, but much faster after the catch and in space. He is an ok to solid runner in the trenches with room to grow but already a very,very dangerous weapon in the screen game. Seems to fit very well with what we are trying to build. I am still a little concerned about how we will run between the tackles but great blocking and coaching could go a long way towards his issues with seeing the best gap. If we are platooning him the Williams and Breida I also have concerns about short yardage as none of them are particularly bruising runners. We could lean on Juice or sign a vet to play the Lagarette Blount role ala Philly last year and stash Mostert on IR or something. Maybe a Frank Gore retirement tour? Would love to see him get 4th all time wearing the proper jersey and he still has the power and vision to get you that 2 yards and a could of dust.
Share 49ersWebzone