LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 397 users in the forums

Jerick 'Jet' McKinnon is a Chief.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Yeah, Rueben Foster really a high character guy

Doesn't shirk putting the work in, just an idiot when he gets out the building.

Adam Peters was talking to MM the other day and they look for high football character guys, dudes who leave it all on the field and love the game, good locker room guys. Foster has all that.

Dude is just a dumbass off the field when he doesn't have football to consume his time.
  • jcs
  • Veteran

The culture KS and Lynch talk about includes off the field.
Man, imagine if teams had a bidding war on Hyde. Not just teams but let's say the Patriots get into and win a bidding war on Hyde. THEN, I would be like, WTF did we just do? Did we let go of a real player who is about to blow up? It's the Patriots, they don't eff around when it comes to acquiring players who they feel can really produce.

Vikings just did that with Jet. And we got him
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by pd24:
Work ethic. A trait they look for in the FAs they sign and pay. Sets an example of how you get paid on the 49ers

Yep. Kyle talked about how damaging signing the "wrong" FA can be. They (Lynch and Kyle) are big on culture - the general attitude of the team. Love it.

This. No doubt they have changed & set the culture of the team as they continue to build up this franchise!

Agree
Originally posted by Joecool:
Man, imagine if teams had a bidding war on Hyde. Not just teams but let's say the Patriots get into and win a bidding war on Hyde. THEN, I would be like, WTF did we just do? Did we let go of a real player who is about to blow up? It's the Patriots, they don't eff around when it comes to acquiring players who they feel can really produce.

Excellent analogy!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Adam Peters was talking to MM the other day and they look for high football character guys, dudes who leave it all on the field and love the game, good locker room guys. Foster has all that.

Dude is just a dumbass off the field when he doesn't have football to consume his time.
Hmmm... maybe he should buy a house the shape of a football, a car the shape of a football, a tv the shape of a football, maybe that will keep him out of trouble.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Excellent analogy!

Agree. I think the Vikings really lost a polished RB that can do it all. Now they have to draft a guy and polish the rookie guy all over again. I'm sure they can do it, but it might take a year or two. Whereas we have one that's plug and play into Kyle's system and can win now.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by pd24:
Work ethic. A trait they look for in the FAs they sign and pay. Sets an example of how you get paid on the 49ers

Yep. Kyle talked about how damaging signing the "wrong" FA can be. They (Lynch and Kyle) are big on culture - the general attitude of the team. Love it.

This. No doubt they have changed & set the culture of the team as they continue to build up this franchise!

Ruben wasn't a FA and they haven't signed him to a large contract. This has to do with FAsthat they pay a large amount of money to.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hmmm... maybe he should buy a house the shape of a football, a car the shape of a football, a tv the shape of a football, maybe that will keep him out of trouble.

Reuben just needs to keep his @$$ in pickup games during the off-season to pass the time.
Agree. I think the Vikings really lost a polished RB that can do it all. Now they have to draft a guy and polish the rookie guy all over again. I'm sure they can do it, but it might take a year or two. Whereas we have one that's plug and play into Kyle's system and can win now.

Umm what? Losing Mckinnon did nothing to them. They have Cook, who broke AP's rookie rushing debut record and averaged almost 5 YPC. They also have Latavius as well.

The Vikings have Cook who was killing it for them before he got injured. He's a premier franchise level back. If he's healthy they will be just fine.
The times I watched McKinnon play it showed to me that he was in a tough situation because of the guys playing ahead of him. A Hall of Famer and a #1 draft pick will do that to anyone. He's the "JET" and tough to bring down, could you ask for anything more?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The times I watched McKinnon play it showed to me that he was in a tough situation because of the guys playing ahead of him. A Hall of Famer and a #1 draft pick will do that to anyone. He's the "JET" and tough to bring down, could you ask for anything more?
I'd ask for Joe Williams to step it up and be in the mix also for this next year! I think McKinnon and Joe have similar talents and all Joe has to do is develop his pass catching and pass protection, but if he can get his head on straight and play to his talents, we're going to have incredible depth at the RB spot.
Ive never heard of this guy. Saw his stats than saw his highlights... i just hope hes not one of those players that scores a 80 yrd td in the first half than becomes non apperent in crunch time..
[ Edited by BlackGoat49 on Mar 23, 2018 at 9:32 PM ]
Originally posted by BlackGoat49:
Ive never heard of this guy. Saw his stats than saw his highlights... i just hope hes not one of those players that scores a 80 yrd td in the first half than becomes non apperent in crunch time..
it's team game..others would need to help in the 2nd half also
Share 49ersWebzone