There are 262 users in the forums

Arrogant and over confidence mistakes are being made

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The sky is falling - the sky is falling!

Try Decafe.
Originally posted by English:
Lets be clear. It is possible that mistakes are being made. There is in my opinion no evidence to lead anyone to believe that they are the result of arrogance or over confidence.

Agreed. Norwell was on my wishlist but if we have a back-up plan I'm okay with it. My concern is that the Sherman signing will make people think we've done enough. It's a developmental signing that will pay off in 18 months if everything goes great. We need to spend money on two or three quality bluecollar fa at important positions of need. I think everyone's got their back up because of Jed Cheapskate over the last 4 years. If he starts to do it now and sabotage this roster I can see why people will be irate by getting rid of vet leaders like bow gore bethea pats and not replacing them
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Mar 13, 2018 at 10:13 AM ]
Do you bleed Chiefs' red and yellow? Because they just signed Sammy Watkins for $16 million a year, that's really something to worry about.
This is what I've been talking about in terms of impatience. When Kyle and Jon were given six year deals it was because this team was in such horrible shape, everyone knew it would take 4-5 to make the team a winner.

This is the Jimmy G effect. Fans are assuming that since we have our franchise QB, we are done rebuilding and it's time to swing by the Super Bowl at pick up our Lombardi.

Jimmy was out big splash signing this off season. We will be actively mining the second and third tier of the free agent market. We may even draft or trade for redundant players, like last year.

We drafted a few RBs traded for one and signed another. We had a real competition and kept the best players for the system, same with TE's

So, relax slow your roll, know this is a long slow process. Don't think Jimmys presence on the roster means the rebuild is over, it's just starting. All Jimmy is doing now is making the rebuild less painful to watch.
  • Jiks
Oh Bleedy Hell...
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
so far so good IMO.... i just hope that we could have signed WATKINS
Originally posted by 9moon:

$16M a year? No thanks.
The Redskins used to win free agency every year, look where that got them. While it's true the Eagles supplemented their roster effectively with free agency, they weren't going for the Albert Haynesworth level free agents -- that's what Sammy Watkins, Robinson and Norwell were this year. While everyone thinks we should blow all the cap space this year, you have to understand that this is a weak free agent class and its clearly a sellers' market. I love the Richburg signing and the Sherman signing is a no-risk proposition.

The only guy I wish we had landed was Trey Burton. But keep the powder dry until there's a better free agent market and scoop up the guys for cheap that don't get signed right away.
Drugs are bad, mkay

Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

$16M a year? No thanks.

I am now and always was hoping for Moncrief at around half that.
Originally posted by ColorMeBaddFan:
The Redskins used to win free agency every year, look where that got them. While it's true the Eagles supplemented their roster effectively with free agency, they weren't going for the Albert Haynesworth level free agents -- that's what Sammy Watkins, Robinson and Norwell were this year. While everyone thinks we should blow all the cap space this year, you have to understand that this is a weak free agent class and its clearly a sellers' market. I love the Richburg signing and the Sherman signing is a no-risk proposition.

The only guy I wish we had landed was Trey Burton. But keep the powder dry until there's a better free agent market and scoop up the guys for cheap that don't get signed right away.

Burton got PAAAAIIIIIID...scary considering its all based on potential right now. He has done nothing to earn that sort of bank.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

$16M a year? No thanks.

I am now and always was hoping for Moncrief at around half that.

Jimmy G will make him look good.
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Burton got PAAAAIIIIIID...scary considering its all based on potential right now. He has done nothing to earn that sort of bank.

$8 million per -- who knows about the guarantees. That's a bit of change for the Niners who would potentially slot him as a second TE next to Kittle (or 1a and 1b).
I'm beyond extatic we aren't blowing money on big signings. That's not how sustained success works in the NFL.
Share 49ersWebzone