LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 119 users in the forums

Diva Receiva?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Diva Receiva?

Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by WestCoastForever:
A number one receiver, yes. A diva, no.

Do you have a specific receiver in mind? Those #1 receivers tend to be divas.

AJ Green, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Josh Gordon*, DeAndre Hopkins, TY Hilton, Demarius Thomas, Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffrey, Michael Thomas. These are all thought of as #1 WR's and I don't think any would be considered as divas. Gordon has obey issues but I don't think you could call him a diva.

Then there's some other close to be considered #1 guys like Amari Cooper, Adam Theilin, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordy Nelson, who I don't think would be considered divas either.
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
Allen Robinson & jordan Mathews .both played with subpar qb and coming back from injury .get rid of robinson & garçon is coming off a major neck injury

It wasn't that major. He'll be ready to go by OTA's.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Nobody wants a diva. We do need a number 1 but I dont think its our most pressing need. I'm cool with Robinson in FA, but we still need a pass rusher first I think.
We need a corner get like josh Jackson or McFadden in the draft get Robinson in free agency and another wr .trent Taylor is over hype ...
Originally posted by NCommand:
Dez Bryant would be fun. His production has dropped a lot because of a rookie/young QB and running game focused offense but with Jimmy G Spot, he'd be perfect for the RZ and a great target in this offense. Kyle would scheme him open like mad.

Nah. He crazy man. Old. For less than 6 mil yes. More no.
Congrats to my dude DaDiva for his very own thread.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

legit thought this was gonna be a thread about you haha
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Dez Bryant would be fun. His production has dropped a lot because of a rookie/young QB and running game focused offense but with Jimmy G Spot, he'd be perfect for the RZ and a great target in this offense. Kyle would scheme him open like mad.

Nah. He crazy man. Old. For less than 6 mil yes. More no.

As Steve Jones, Jerry Jones son said, "he's a distraction.". Then he added, he had a lot of drops....i think it was 6 on 52 targets. Also, is a lousy route runner (that from my bro in Ft Worth), plus some fans don't think he goes all out. Don't know if it's true, but he was quoted as saying, "Dez don't do middle" . That one don't know if true or not. But DFW sports talk radio has commented on his "commitment" which i guess is his desire to mix it up.....unfavorably.

For us, a team obviously in rebuild mode, Dez just looks like a a guy not suited to 49ers way. Also expensive as noted , but slowing down, not being the Dez of 6 or 7 yrs ago... somehow that just doesn't sound like a 49er WR. And so far, we have stayed away from that. So we shall see but nothing seems to match up with us.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:

AJ Green, Julio Jones, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, Josh Gordon*, DeAndre Hopkins, TY Hilton, Demarius Thomas, Keenan Allen, Larry Fitzgerald, Alshon Jeffrey, Michael Thomas. These are all thought of as #1 WR's and I don't think any would be considered as divas. Gordon has obey issues but I don't think you could call him a diva.

Then there's some other close to be considered #1 guys like Amari Cooper, Adam Theilin, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins, Kelvin Benjamin, Jordy Nelson, who I don't think would be considered divas either.

Good points. I would say though that the perception seems to be that when a star receiver signs a new big contract with a new team they turn into divas.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Niners still need help at WR...they don't have one with the kind of size that can be a consistent RZ threat, a guy who can & will fight for the ball and win most "jump balls". I think Jordan Matthews would be the guy to sign. Due to injury & spotty (at best) Bills' QB play, his 2017 numbers weren't good. But, look at his 3 years in Philly before that...he was very good & consistent. And, he's not a diva, in my mind.

Jordan Matthews, Jerry Rice's cousin or nephew or something, makes too much sense . I don't know what kind of a red zone threat he is though, I really haven't watch that much of him.

With JG and Kyle, I am hoping we will be like Brady and BB. Who doesn't need a diva wr. Instead get a wr with a specific skill set. I really don't want to end up over spending on a wr who more than likely might not be worth the pay he will receive. At this point if we get someone, it should be a red zone target. I like MG and this is his last year and hope we can extend him. I also hope we look for one like him. Talented but underrated and under utilized who had a poor QB and OC play that didn't make proper use of him.

Prefer we protect JG with OL help or get the defense help in the passing game so that they can get the O the ball more often.

I want team players who won't be disruptive like Crabtree, Dez, or Owens.
[ Edited by WildBill on Jan 28, 2018 at 10:49 AM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Good points. I would say though that the perception seems to be that when a star receiver signs a new big contract with a new team they turn into divas.

Yeah I know what you mean but that perception is retarded.
  • Andra
  • Veteran

I'm going to pass on Dez. He is to emotional for my taste.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

i thought this thread was going to be about you lol
Wow, Robinson and Dez was my draft crush when they came outta school. Get'em both
Share 49ersWebzone